Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)

2.5

Jun 4th, 2015

My first impression was Dr Brown is a decent guy. He didn't push anything on me but simply told me what he would do if he was me. He buddy buddied up to me and I felt we created a rapport. It was very expensive but the money was not an issue for me. The issue was him telling me one thing and then not sticking to his word. When I called him on it, he would cop an attitude as if I was out of line. This happened to me a few times. The last time I left the office, made an appointment with another local wellness doctor and transferred my files. The difference between Dr Shel's office and his is night and day. He is low budget, big talk with no follow through. Get EVERYTHING in writing from him up front. He does bill under two names so your insurance will not pick up all that he bills and you will be stuck with bills that he said he would cover. For example, he told me the labs for the BioTE pellets would be covered for the $780 something dollar costs. 6 months later I get a bill for over $400 for the labs. He charged me for a diet plan and then didn't follow through with the nutritionist and other parts of the plan. He didn't code the billing right and ultimately put it on me that I should handle it and he is "just the doctor". Tried to give me some sweet Willy fast talking song and dance. It was really insulting to my intelligence to sit and listen tot this grown man think he could talk fast and spin the subject to allude my concern and out smart me. He thinks he is something special and it is hard to witness this arrogance. I asked his receptionist Natasha about it and she didn't return 3 emails over a 2 weeks span. This is after we already had a previous problem with two other women in the office. One was rude to may wife and Dr Brown screwed her up and put her on testosterone that gave her mood swings, acne and other symptoms. The second was another span of emails that I did not get replies to. Finally, I called the office and had an elevated conversation with Natasha and her communication skills and she was unaccountable and made excuses. Mind you this is his office manager. The rest of the staff is lacking in communication skills as well. You will sit and wait forever in his waiting room too. Very unprofessional all around experience. I had been seeing him for 6 months and he went though 6 different women in his office. This is a big sign that something is rotten inside. There are better doctors in the area. Don't waste your time with this guy. He was so rude when I left the office I felt disgusted and insulated. He needs an attitude adjustment to put his head back on straight.

interested in financial gain rather than health of patient show details interested in financial gain rather than health of patient
Apr 20th, 2015

interested in selling you vitamins and other hormone therapy rather than working on your illness