Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)

2.5

Hustled me out of a lot of money!!!!!!! show details Hustled me out of a lot of money!!!!!!!
Mar 2nd, 2016

I went in for a simple check up. And was considering making Dr. Brown my primary physician. I waited in the waiting room a bit longer than normal but I figured this wasn't unusual. My name was finally called to go back to see him. And one of his assistants came in a buttered me up basically speaking highly of Dr. Brown as if he were running for presidency. She said he is very thorough and waiting to see him can be a long wait at times because he spends a lot of time with each one of his patients. Dr. Brown entered the room and immediately started asking me questions pertaining to my health. I told him that I just wanted to see him so that I could get in to see a specialist. He told me that my heart condition was probably misdiagnosed. I said no I don't think so. I have had this since high school and cardiologist have confirmed it. He pushed for me to see one of his buddy cardiologists. I said j may consider it. But just the fact that he was trying to tell me from the first meeting that I didn't have heart problems that it could be anxiety. I knew something was wrong then. Then he said I am going to run a FEW blood tests on you today. I said ok, thinking this was the norm because it was my first visit. He then started talking about how I may need testosterone and pellets. I said I have never heard of that. He also pushed his vitamins on me. Never had a doctor do this. He left the room and the nurse came in to take my blood and 10 vials later I was like that is a lot of blood you are taking. She said good thing you have a lot of it. I left the office with just paying a copay. About a month later I get bills and bills and more bills from my insurance totaling $17,500. Did you hear me? I said $17,500!!!!!!!!!!! For blood tests!!!!!!!! I was livid!!!! I immediately called my insurance and disputed the claims. I have never had this happen to me. I just moved here and the first doctor I go to is a scam artist. NEVER AGAIN will I go to Dr. Brown!!! Never! Please do your research before you go.

NO GOOD!!!! show details NO GOOD!!!!
Dec 23rd, 2015

I have never been with a more un-professional doctor in my life - I would highly recommend never going to this him. He is more interested in selling pellets and vitamins

AMAZING!!!!! show details AMAZING!!!!!
by Lynn G. on Oct 29th, 2015

Dr. Brown is fantastic and his staff does not disappoint. The wait time was worth it for the amount of time he spent with me. I never felt rushed and he didn't make it seem like I was 'just his next patient.' He took the time to get down to the root cause of my issues and I appreciate his efforts. His method is different and anyone who wants 'unconventional' should definitely consider seeing him. He is an innovative, young doctor that I will recommend to all of my friends and family.

DISGUSTING SCAM ARTIST show details DISGUSTING SCAM ARTIST
Sep 1st, 2015

Worst doctor I've ever encountered. Will scam you out of as much money as he possibly can. Stay away.

Jul 29th, 2015

Ran unnecessary blood work that I did not request and sent it out of network to a different lab, attempting to charge $3,000 for a simple first visit.

Jun 4th, 2015

My first impression was Dr Brown is a decent guy. He didn't push anything on me but simply told me what he would do if he was me. He buddy buddied up to me and I felt we created a rapport. It was very expensive but the money was not an issue for me. The issue was him telling me one thing and then not sticking to his word. When I called him on it, he would cop an attitude as if I was out of line. This happened to me a few times. The last time I left the office, made an appointment with another local wellness doctor and transferred my files. The difference between Dr Shel's office and his is night and day. He is low budget, big talk with no follow through. Get EVERYTHING in writing from him up front. He does bill under two names so your insurance will not pick up all that he bills and you will be stuck with bills that he said he would cover. For example, he told me the labs for the BioTE pellets would be covered for the $780 something dollar costs. 6 months later I get a bill for over $400 for the labs. He charged me for a diet plan and then didn't follow through with the nutritionist and other parts of the plan. He didn't code the billing right and ultimately put it on me that I should handle it and he is "just the doctor". Tried to give me some sweet Willy fast talking song and dance. It was really insulting to my intelligence to sit and listen tot this grown man think he could talk fast and spin the subject to allude my concern and out smart me. He thinks he is something special and it is hard to witness this arrogance. I asked his receptionist Natasha about it and she didn't return 3 emails over a 2 weeks span. This is after we already had a previous problem with two other women in the office. One was rude to may wife and Dr Brown screwed her up and put her on testosterone that gave her mood swings, acne and other symptoms. The second was another span of emails that I did not get replies to. Finally, I called the office and had an elevated conversation with Natasha and her communication skills and she was unaccountable and made excuses. Mind you this is his office manager. The rest of the staff is lacking in communication skills as well. You will sit and wait forever in his waiting room too. Very unprofessional all around experience. I had been seeing him for 6 months and he went though 6 different women in his office. This is a big sign that something is rotten inside. There are better doctors in the area. Don't waste your time with this guy. He was so rude when I left the office I felt disgusted and insulated. He needs an attitude adjustment to put his head back on straight.

interested in financial gain rather than health of patient show details interested in financial gain rather than health of patient
Apr 20th, 2015

interested in selling you vitamins and other hormone therapy rather than working on your illness