Dr. Frederick Alexander, FAAP
Surgical Specialist, Pediatric Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
by Tatyana on Feb 7th, 2015

He diagnosed my daughter's chronic appendicitis that nobody else had recognized (she had three emergency room visits before our pediatrician refered us to him) and made surgery without any complications and side effects. Very knowledgeable, confident, tactful. Wonderful doctor.

Jun 24th, 2014

He knows what he's doing and he cares immensely about his patients.

Dr. Alexander show details Dr. Alexander
by Amanda Q on Mar 27th, 2014

Fantastic doctor, very knowledgeable, experienced and dedicated. Has treated my daugther in her crisis and was able to render surgery when other surgeons would not perform surgery on her. Highly recommended!

Exceptionally kind, patient, professional and humble. show details Exceptionally kind, patient, professional and humble.
by Dee Gilliam on Jan 20th, 2014

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about Dr. Alexander. We travel out of our way to receive his services. He has performed two surgeries for our daughter and each was not only a success with no side effects but the entire process was a breeze. His office staff is amazing, particularly Karen. Although we only talked once a year to schedule the surgeries, Karen remembers the patient and circumstances as if we just talked yesterday. Her telephone demeanor is professional and Karen is compassionate even while being remarkably efficient.

Can't say enough! show details Can't say enough!
by Jones family on Feb 20th, 2013

We are forever grateful to this man. Our 4yr old son is healthy and happy! Our son was born with Esophogeal Atresia. Dr. Alexander repaired him as a baby and had given him 10 dilitations post op. As of today 2-20-13 our son has a beautiful esophogus and no longer has his g-tube. Dr. Alexander was the calm in the midst of our storm as new parents. Time after time he gave us his very best! We hope his life is full of happiness, The same kind he gave us! Dan,Beth,and Jacob The Jones family

Excellent pediatric surgeon with superb bedside manner show details Excellent pediatric surgeon with superb bedside manner
Aug 12th, 2012

A pediatrician recommended our infant son see a pediatric surgeon and referred us to Dr. Fred Alexander- immediately upon calling his office they got us to meet him that day at a hospital he was seeing another patient at. Dr. Alexander diagnosed our son with having a perianal abscess, drained it, and put him on antibiotics and tolds us to see him in a week for a follow-up appt to determine whether or not our son would need surgery. Dr. Alexander, spent time with us, answering all our questions and even gave us his cell # so we could ask him any additional questions.At the follow-up appt, Dr. Alexander informed us that he would need the surgery- the perianal abscess led to a fistula. Dr. Alexander, put a set of 1st time parents at ease and even recommended the pediatric anesthesiologists- The morning of the surgery Dr. Alexander again reviewed everything and came out to talk with us immediately after the surgery. He followed up the next morning with a phone call- His guidance, expertise, and compassion- helped our infant son avoid potential damage to the sphincter muscle which would have led to incontinence issues. We will forever be grateful to Dr. Alexander.

Caring & Skilled surgeon show details Caring & Skilled surgeon
Mar 5th, 2012

Dr. Alexander performed several major surgeries on my infant daughter, then only 3 pounds. She was hospitalized for 5 months. He was gentle with her, spent time explaining issues to me & was not afraid to offer differing opinions -in a professional manner- to other physicians. He put her care first. At a time when emotions are high, he puts things into a factual sequential order that assists in making an informed decision. My daughter, Cheyna, was one of his first patients here in NJ. She is now 5 yrs. old & thriving. Bright & energetic, his willingness to meet, discuss & review all options is the reason she is able to eat, drink, play and be free from medical devices. He also played a key role in reducing her surgeries. He was able to do a typical surgery that is done in 3 parts, in one step...thus saving her from undo surgery & risk.

Dedicated Doctor! show details Dedicated Doctor!
Feb 20th, 2012

Dr. Alexander is the reason our son Jacob is thriving! He has demonstrated time and again his tremendous compassion, his knowledge of each individual patient, his attention to details, and most importantly, his willingness to become available to our son.We are grateful for his dedication and character,The Jones Family

Dr. Alexander is Great Genius show details Dr. Alexander is Great Genius
Jun 28th, 2011

He is best of the best Doctor, no other physician can beat his knowledge, professionalism, concern and expertise. I never seen like his explanations.My Son had surgery on Sep 2009, After a year later my insurance got changed and I have no option to visit this doctor.. Mean time I visited other doctors, I never satisfied with them report. I can not miss the doctor.. Still I am follow up with him only. I am strongly recommend