A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Ames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Ames, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Colon Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Male Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Noninfiltrating Intraductal Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Segmental Mastectomy
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Ames graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Ames has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- M D Anderson Cancer Center
- Ut Md Anderson Cancer Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ames accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Humana - 10 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Frederick C. Ames practice?
Dr. Frederick Ames practices Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons.