A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Ames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frederick Ames is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ames
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Ames Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Ames, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Colon Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Male Breast Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Noninfiltrating Intraductal Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Segmental Mastectomy
- Skin Cancer
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ames graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Ames has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- M D Anderson Cancer Center
- Ut Md Anderson Cancer Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Frederick Carl Ames MD is a male Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Frederick C. Ames practice?
- Dr. Frederick Ames has 1 office location.
Dr. Frederick Ames practices Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons.