A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Ames:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Ames, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer (Breast Ductal Carcinoma)
- Breast Cancer (Lobular Carcinoma)
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Colon Cancer
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Liver Cancer
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Male Breast Cancer
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Noninfiltrating Intraductal Carcinoma
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Rectal Cancer
- Segmental Mastectomy
- Skin Cancer
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Education & Awards
Dr. Ames graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston. He has 12 awards.
Dr. Ames has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer
- M D Anderson Cancer Center
- Ut Md Anderson Cancer Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Frederick Carl Ames MD is a male Surgeon, has 41 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Frederick C. Ames practice?
- Dr. Frederick Ames has 1 office location.
Dr. Frederick Ames practices Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons.