Dr. Frederick Carlton Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2015
Kicking a Dog When He is Down
I was in desperate facet-related back pain and asked to please be admitted (I had suffered for entirely too long), and was psychologically at a very low point. I was clear in my request that no narcotics be given, as I felt they were making me sicker. Dr. Carlton was "adamant", let's just say, that admitting me was not justified. He yelled at me, indicating a lack of belief (?) in my pain and discomfort. The best way I can describe it was that Dr. Carlton raged at me; there was a great deal of anger. My friend who accompanied me attempted to calm him and ask that he deal with me with a different approach (she is the finest person you could ever hope to meet). He stuck his finger in her face and yelled at her that he was NOT speaking to her and for her to be quiet. I could not believe what was happening. After he left the room, we decided to leave as well. No one should treat a person in such distress the way I was treated that day.

June 20th, 2015
I was feeling terrible and was frightened by my level of discomfort. Nevertheless, dr. Carlton was extremely rude to me as well as my friend who accompanied me. This is really an understatement. All I can think is that he has a problem with anger. It was bizarre, but more importantly-- cruel, as I was at one of my lowest points.

July 24th, 2015