Dermatologists

East Side Manchester
721 Chestnut St
Manchester, NH 03104
603-668-0858
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Meghan Lowry on Sep 9th, 2013

I went in for a first appointment for my psoriasis. Dr. Danby was very judgmental about my weight. He said "practice my triceps exercises, by pushing away from the table." I know I am overweight but that does not give him the right to judge my weight. He was there to "judge" my skin. I felt very angry and very hurt and upset to the point were I don't eat. I will never go back to his office again. I don't need his "couching" (in regards to my "extra fat" said by Dr. Danby) that he said he was going to give me.

|  Don't waste your time here  |  show details
May 11th, 2013

This guy is a joke. If you have an different theory regarding skin care he will mock you and follow that up with rudeness. Even if you have asked other physicians and read studies yourself that have been published by legitimate outlets. His way is giving everyone the same skin care regimen and yelling at you for drinking dairy. Bottom line is, he is arrogant and ignorant with terrible bedside manner while talking down to you and basically bullying the patient into doing things his way.

Aug 15th, 2012

MY DERMATOLOGIST WAS ON VACATION SO DR. DANBY SAW ME AS A COVERING PHYSICIAN,.I FOUND HIM TO BE VERY CONCERNED WITH A MISDIAGNOSIS I WAS GIVEN AT A HOSPITAL. HE SEEMED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I HAD, QUESTIONED NE THOROUGHLY, AND WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND KIND.I WOULD NEVER HESITATE TO PHONE HIM AGAIN, IF MY OWN MD WAS AWAY AGAIN,

May 26th, 2011

Saw Dr. Danby today with my son after seeing another doctor in the office for a year with no results. His bedside manner was wonderful. He was very concerned that my son had been dealing with his acne for almost 4 years with no results. He immediately said we should use isotretinoin and we are going to do just that. We have tried everything else and nothing is working. I would recommend him to anyone who asked about where to go for a good dermatologist. Be sure to know if you go that there is often a wait of approximately 30 minutes and as much as an hour.

May 3rd, 2011

I'm extremely surprised to read negative comments about Dr. Danby. I have been his patient for over two years, and he has impressed me with his gentle and respectful manner, his keen intelligence, and the patience with which he has answered my many questions at every visit. Dr. Danby is the only doctor I've ever had who has addressed me as "Ms. (surname)" rather than by my first name (at which point I invited him to address me by my first name). He is soft spoken and a truly gentle man. I am a demanding patient, not in my manner, but in the depth of information I expect from my physicians and the corresponding time it takes to answer my questions. Dr. Danby hasn't just treated my numerous skin ailments, but he has also educated me about their possible sources and the various treatment options available to me. I have never felt rushed in his presence, and he has consistently been attentive to and concerned with my needs. I had a medical emergency a few months ago that I suspected (incorrectly) might be a reaction to a medication Dr. Danby had prescribed to me. I was home alone and in increasing pain, and I called his office to find out if my symptoms were consistent with a drug reaction. He spoke directly with me, and after asking questions about my symptoms, he urged me to arrange to be driven as quickly as possible to my local physician for lab tests. The information he gave me about the possible cause and urgency of my medical situation, which turned out to have nothing to do with the medication he had prescribed, prompted me to call my husband at work and have him rush me to my local physician. Had I not arrived at my physician's office so promptly, I would have spent the night in the hospital.I recommend Dr. Danby most highly and without reservation.

Apr 4th, 2011

Nickel and dime you. Out for the money. Repeated new patient fees and charging $1.00 for a stamp and envelope for mailing your payment receipt to you. Got 1 out of 4 diagnosis correct.

|  Unprofessional Doctor  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2009

Dr. Danby is a very rude man. When I questioned why he wanted to put my daughter on the medicine accutane, he told me I was committing child abuse if I did not allow her to take the drug. He then proceeded to be rude and condecending to me. We walked out of the office and will never go back.