Otolaryngologist, Plastic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
by Lakewood Mom on Jul 20th, 2013

He does great work and is always very accommodating. My 3 year old felt so special as he gave her stitches, and it left no scar.

|  no help  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

on 2 occassions i waited 1 hour to see dr ezon for less than 15 minutes. i went to him because i can't smell anything. i don't think he really listens, i told him i am an asthmatic and can't take antihistimines yet that is what he prescribed - even though i didn't have any allergy symptoms. i can breath easily from my nose but can't smell. i expressed my frustration and depression because i can't smell and he made jokes. during the second visit, out of frustration i requested an mri so we could find out what is going on in my nose and sinus area. he said oh yeah i was going to recommend that. following the appt. i did some research - cause i'm not a dr, and found out that a ct scan is the best way to go for sinus issues. who's the dr here? i am looking for another dr. a dr that listens and really wants to help.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry this patient had a bad experience. Despite the fact that he could breath thru his nose, the most common cause of smell reduction is swelling of the nasal tissues high in the nose. Medications to reduce nasal lining tissue swelling are the first line of treatment. Only more severe ashmatics can not tolerate antihistamines. Additionally, in the rare instances when smell disorders are due to brain related tumors, mri is the study of choice. CT scans would be useful if trauma was suspected.

|  Not treated well  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2013

I went to see this doctor today because I get terrible sore throats with fever and upper resp. Infection frequently the last 2 yrs. I tried explaining my concerns to him but he immediately dx me with acid reflux and sent me on my way. When I tried to explain my concerns he dismissed everything very quickly even seeming to doubt what I was saying was accurate. Then when he finished and told me when I should come back he just walked out. No goodbye.. Hope u feel better. Just so rude. What a waste.

Doctor's Response

There are many causes of sore throats and some of them are not due to infection. Although the patient may have thought that an antibiotic was indicated, the history and exam pointed more to acid reflux. The patient was asked to return to see if the recommended treatment was successful.

|  Dr Frederick Ezon Is Exceptional  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

My son had a laceration to the eyebrow - we called Dr. Ezon and he had just closed. Surprisingly, he kept his office open for his new patient and had my son all stitched within 20 minutes of the incident. What a guy!