Dr. Frederick Buechel Sr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery South Orange, NJ

4.8

no change

March 8th, 2017
GREAT DOCTOR !!!! IN A CLASS OF HIS OWN !!
I don't know where to begin. WONDERFUL office- let's start there. How unusual to call a doctor's office & have someone actually try to guide you, answer questions for a "Potential patient". I had questions about a resurfacing shoulder replacement which I read about and Dr. Buechel's name kept coming up. The staff re-routed my call to the manager - I was surprised she even took the time to speak with me but she was VERY knowledgeable & after speaking with her I booked my consultation. What a NICE DOCTOR !!! OMG ! He gave me a lesson on nutrition since I'm about 60 lbs overweight & it was very nice of him to try to help me because I've tried everything. He addressed ALL my concerns, questions, reviewed my xrays and I was just so impressed with his demeanor, knowledge and CREDENTIALS are off the dial. His name was NOT pronounced the way I thought which I was embarrassed but he was really cool about it. I met the manager and she scheduled my procedure. Everything was so organized, she always took my calls & even called me from her cell on her way home once. I must have called her a million times because I was nervous - this woman is seriously an asset. Everyone is so nice and so busy. This IS the office to go to. I also met Dr. Helbig who handled my post operative care and he was great, as well and I liked his sense of humor.

January 26th, 2017
Excellent Doctor. For joint conditions . This is where you want to go.

October 21st, 2016
Great Surgeon
I have heard about Dr Buechel for so many years and when I needed a knee replacement -he was recommended by so many people. As it turns out, after hearing from 2 others that I needed a total knee, - Dr Buechel said NO - I only needed a partial knee and he could do it with a Robot ! The recovery was a breeze and I'm so glad I listened to his wisdom. His main staff members are unbelievable and obviously have worked with him for a while. Great experience

August 19th, 2016
WONDERFUL DOCTOR
Just a really wonderful doctor with an awesome reputation and a personality that surprised me. He wasn't intimidating at all, stated the facts, was very kind, suggested nutritional improvements since I am pretty overweight. Staff was really super, too.

January 21st, 2016
UNBELIEVABLE GREAT DOCTOR
UNBELIEVABLE Doctor !!! I was so impressed that a doctor of his caliber spent the time to review my history, ask about my diet, handed me information about supplements to try, made a few suggestions about eliminating wheat and gluten from my diet. I made the changes he suggested and really believe his advise made a big difference in my life. I don't have the pain and think he helped me with eliminating whatever was inflaming my joints ! God Bless Dr. Buechel

August 26th, 2015
Love My Doctor !
Dr. Buechel spends quality time with his patients. I had a million questions and this was my 2nd opinion. I was so disgusted with the surgeons I met and a woman suggested I visit Dr. Buechel for my knee and ankle problems. He is such a kind man and doesn't talk over your head. He explained everything very thoroughly and gave me some alternative treatment options - although I know ultimately that I will need replacement surgery. I agreed to the Monovisc injections and his nurse called me within a few days about what my insurance would cover. It is a little difficult getting a next day appointment with him, but then again - I really didn't expect to. The phones were busy, the staff was busy but everyone was very courteous and friendly. Great experience.

June 15th, 2015
Very Impressed ! with Dr, with Staff
I was referred to the Hosp for Special Surgery and was not impressed and what a royal pain - my first thought was HOW inconvenient it will be for my family to visit and if something happened... I met a woman who told me she had a total hip by Dr. Buechel - she raved about him. I looked up information online and couldn't believe he is only about 2 miles from my home. First off - the staff is very pleasant and the person I initially spoke to referred me to someone who was more experienced to answer my MANY questions. She may have been the manager, she told me she wasn't a nurse - but said she was there a long time. She was very patient and knowledgeable - I booked an appointment and saw the doctor the following week. I knew I needed a hip replacement and Dr Buechel confirmed it. He recommended that I take some supplements and try to lose some weight, which I took seriously. The supplements really made me feel better, less tired and just overall better. I had he surgery and my overall experience is AAAAA++++ LOVE THIS DOCTOR, he is just the best.

May 18th, 2015
Dr. Buechel cares about his patients and answered all of my questions honestly and gave options for care. It was exactly what I was looking for.

March 23rd, 2015
Wonderful Doctor and Nice Office Staff
Very impressed. The waiting room is a bit too small but don't let that fool you. I came here to get a 2nd opinion about my arthritic and painful hip and shoulder condition. I thought for sure Dr. Buechel would want to operate as that seems to be what most doctors are doing these days to make up for low insurance payments. This doctor spent a lot of time reviewing my xrays with me, then he sat down with my wife and I to discuss some options. I called a few days later with more questions and the doctor was in surgery. The woman who answered the call (forgot her name) was able to answer my questions. Obviously, the staff is well chosen and informative. During my visit, the phones were ringing off the hook. I've had other doctor's offices just want to make the appointment and not spend any time on the phone. I was overall very impressed.

March 22nd, 2015
Best Orthopaedic Ever
I read about Dr. Buechel and know he is one of the top orthopaedics in the country. He sat with me for almost 1/2 hour as I am very overweight and he was interested in me as a person, my lifestyle, diet,,etc. He discussed some supplements for me to take and then recommended some books to help with my weight. He explained that my knees were bad but rather than rush me into the OR for a knee replacement (like 2 other doctors I saw wanted to do), he thought it best for me to get my weight under control, which would help with my high blood pressure. I was so impressed that this doctor took such a different approach to medicine that I highly recommend him without reservation. I don't want to forget to mention the staff. The woman I initially spoke with put me on hold and then another woman immediately picked up and identified herself as Donna. She spoke with me at great length, as I was on the fence about getting another opinion. She convinced me to see the doctor and I am very glad. Then I was greeted by a smiling receptionist who told me her name was Carmilla (I think) and as busy as she was, she was very pleasant. I waited about 20 minutes and then a nurse brought me into the exam room, asked a few questions and asked if I would be more comfortable wearing the gown or shorts. Then I met the wonderful doctor. Everyone was very nice and took the anxiety out of the visit the minute I called about my appointment.

December 15th, 2014
I have bad knees & I am obese. This is the only doctor who addressed this !
Dr Buechel looked at my xrays, spent a lot of time with me

February 20th, 2014
Intelligent man !!!! Great Doctor
You are treated like a PERSON and not a number which is a pleasure. Dr. Buechel comes in with a chart and looks at you instead of tapping away at a computer. Wow ! A REAL DOCTOR!! What I liked about Dr. Buechel is he has an unbelievable reputation for being one of the most outstanding orthopaedics in the country and he is so down to earth ! I was shocked to even get an appointment with him and he lives up to his credentials. Another spin is this doctor doesn't walk in with a prescription pad but will sit down and discuss your behavior with eating, supplements, etc. He isn't a pill pusher - although many patients, he explained, want a quick result and will take medication without caring about the side effects. If you want medication, then let him know up front that he can give you his recommendations for supplements but you also want the prescription. Then you can go home and make your choice. I think he wants to implement the holistic approach into the standard approach which I congratulate him on taking this initiative. The staff was very helpful, courteous and it was a nice, pleasant experience which is rare now days.