Dr. Frederick Hauber MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

February 4th, 2015
Saved my eyes twice. I would be blind now if not for him.

February 2nd, 2012
Unprofessional, rude and callous
When we entered his office the receptionist was on the phone dealing with personal business. She was taking care of a personal loan and was trying to find out what the payoff of her loan was. She never even turned around to acknowledge our arrival. At that time we were the only patients in the office. We waited for 25 minutes and she continued with her call even after my 91 year old father made his presence known to her. He needed to get some vitamins that he takes. When he tried to pay for them with his credit card the "machine wasn't working." I offered to write a check for him, but he wanted to pay with his credit card because he does not carry cash. He gave the vitamins back and told them he would go to their other office the next day. I had an appointment and finally the receptionist gave me my paperwork. I filled it out and gave it to her along with my insurance card. She then asked me an irrelevant question and I answered it. I then leaned over to my dad (I was about 2 inches from his face) and whispered "she's an idiot". I probably should not have said that, but I was annoyed by this time. While we were waiting other people started to come in and it was getting busy. One of the nurses came out and reprimanded her the receptionist because she had allowed a delivery person to put a box in the hallway area. The nurse very clearly and loudly stated "I told you not to let them put that there several times already." At about 11:40 I was called in for my appointment, and the nurse proceeded to tell me that since I had called the receptionist and idiot, the doctor would not see me unless I apologized to her. At that point I had enough and chose not to see the doctor. I didn't feel that I should have to apologize for their unprofessional office behavior. She also never returned my insurance card to me. Additionally, my parents have been patients of his for over 20 years. I have always thought that he was quite abrupt, but I pushed those feelings aside and chose to make an appointment with him anyway. What a mistake.

April 26th, 2017