A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Heckler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frederick Heckler is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Heckler, MD is board certified in Plastic Surgery and Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Cosmetic Surgery (Aesthetic Procedures)
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckler graduated from Tufts University, Boston.
Dr. Heckler has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Alle-Kiski Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Heckler accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Frederick R. Heckler practice?
Dr. Frederick Heckler practices Plastic Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Surgery of the Hand, and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeons and Pittsburgh Surgeons.