Dr. Frederick Rau MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

September 22nd, 2016
Things have declined
I have been going to this practice for over 30 years and to Dr. Rau since he joined the practice. Dr. Rau still is very pleasant and is great at diagnosing a problem. However, the rest of the things have gone down hill. He is impossible to get an appointment with and he never returns calls anymore. When you see him he is rushed and scattered. The office staff have gotten worse too. You get conflicting stories about when the doc will be there and give you appointments for days he is not there. I feel bad to write a negative review because I like and respect Dr. Rau but he's not to doctor I knew anymore.

September 7th, 2015
Things are not the same
I have been going to Dr. Rau since he joined the practice. I have always given him the highest ratings but things have gone downhill. The last 2 times I saw him he seemed rushed, distracted and disinterested. He was always prompt to return phone calls but now he doesn't return them at all. The staff are also distracted and disinterested. I called to see when the blood lab would be open in Rocky Hill. They told me it would be open the next day from 8 to 4. I got there around 9 and the office was locked and no one was there. Another woman arrived for a scheduled appointment and was stunned that no one was there. When they finally opened the office and I told them about waiting they told me I should have called the day before to make sure the blood lab would be open. When I went on another day I had the paperwork that the doc gave me for the lab. They told me they had to re do it because of their "new" computer system (I have been hearing about their new computer system since April). Dealing with this practice has become very difficult. Seems the bigger the practice gets the more disorganized it gets.

February 11th, 2015
unbelievable
I have been with this dr for years. It seems if you have a problem, such as chronic candida, there way for treating you is throwing you out of the practice. Thanks dr. Rau I guess when times get tough you really see your true colors.

September 14th, 2014
Great doctor, the friendliness of the staff depends on who is there and time of day.

June 1st, 2014
A Great Doctor
Dr. Rau is the best doctor I have ever had. He is professional, patient and kind. He has been my gyn for over 30 years and always provides care that is above and beyond the norm. A very talented doctor and a wonderful person

September 3rd, 2013
I have seen Dr. Rau for many years. I have even spoken to him off hrs when he was the on call dr- and he was very quick to return the calls and answer my questions putting me at ease. He has the best bed side manner and listens to everything the patient says. I would not hesitate recommending him.

June 23rd, 2013
not the same
I have seen this dr. numerous times over the last ten plus years. The office staff has slowly declined and do not get back to phone calls or help what so ever. Dr. Rau was a great dr. recently though it seems if you are not in the pediatric or ob population it takes weeks to get in, even for a problem visit. He has so many patients now that it is impossible to get in and speak with him or have him call you back when there is a problem. Great dr. for a annual visit but if you have a chronic problem try someone else.

June 2nd, 2013
Dr. Is extremely knowledgeable and thorough, with a genuine compassionate demeanor from beginning to end. It's obvious to me that he is an elite doctor, and I am very critical of all health care providers used by myself or my family. I highly recommend him without a shred of hesitation whatsoever.

March 5th, 2013
unconcerned
needs to be more compassionate. He seems distant and rattles off information not related to the patients concern.

May 17th, 2011
What a great doctor. Do not hesitate going to a male ob/gyn. He is so thoughtful, takes time to listen to all your questions and concerns. Even supportive during tough diagnosis and walks through everything with you. Great doctor. Takes awhile to schedule an apt with him - not his fault!

July 10th, 2010
Cynthia
I transferred from another practice with my 2nd pregnancy. Dr. Rau took on a complicated pregnancy and provided expert care: he is patient, thoughtful, and extremely knowledgeable and professional. I highly recommend him.

March 16th, 2010
Dr. Rau is so kind, gentle and down to earth
i had always seen a woman gyn because i believed that a female would better understand my feelings. boy did Dr. Rau change my mind about that! He is a great listener, very patiently explained what he thought was going on with me and seemed to sincerely have great concern and regard for me. The nicest gyn appointment i've ever had!