A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Jakobiec:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frederick Jakobiec is Good.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Jakobiec
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Jakobiec Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Jakobiec, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology and Anatomic Pathology.
- He has special expertise in 45 areas:
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- Adenoma (Warthin's tumor)
- Benign Connective Tissue Cancer (Fibroma)
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Conjunctival Diseases
- Corneal Diseases
- Corneal Transplantation
- Cranial Nerve Cancer
- Eye Cancer
- Eye Cancer (Choroid Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Conjunctival Neoplasm)
- Eye Cancer (Uveal Neoplasm)
- Eye Diseases
- Eye Surgery (Ophthalmologic Surgical Procedures)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Jakobiec graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 11 awards.
Dr. Jakobiec has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Boston: Massachusetts General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Frederick Jakobiec MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Anatomic Pathology.
- Where does Dr. Frederick Jakobiec practice?
- Dr. Frederick Jakobiec has 1 office location.
Dr. Frederick Jakobiec practices Ophthalmology and Anatomic Pathology near Boston, MA.
See Boston Ophthalmologists and Boston Pathologists.