Dr. Frederick Leickly Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Frederick Leickly?

CAUTION: Crooked practice!

Posted on October 14th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Leickly by a friend who has a son with an anaphylaxis peanut allergy. I had long suspected that my son had either a food allergy or sensitivity although I wasn't quite sure what he was allergic to. I thought perhaps food-dye. I was excited to meet with Dr. Leickly hoping he could help my son once and for all understand what his allergies are. We made an appointment and four months later we got to see him. After 20 minutes of listening to my concerns and asking a few questions, Dr. Leickly shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't know what to tell you." He explained how blood tests don't work and how he only sees patients with anaphylaxis reactions. I was confused because I talked at length about my son with the receptionist while making our appointment. Why would this practice agree to make an appointment on an ailment they didn't serve? I was also disappointed that Dr. Leickly didn't have any suggestions for me; not even any ideas of where I could go for help. I literally felt ushered out. We got the bill shortly after... our portion after insurance was $331. I called to dispute the bill on several occasions... I couldn't believe I was being charged when I felt like I hadn't been serviced. The office managers were very unsympathetic and stood behind Dr. Leickly. They sent the bill to collections without a second thought. I would never recommend this doctor or this practice. They are very obviously looking to make money and could care less about the people and stories behind it.

Posted on January 9th, 2016

Dr. Leickly has cared for both of our boys (now age 17 and 19) from age 2. He has had a great relationship with them and has been extremely helpful to us, as parents. He helped us with navigating the food allergies (and asthma) and the changes to our family that came as a result. He is extremely knowledgeable and up to date on the latest in asthma and allergy. We would highly recommend him!

Mislead into making an appointment. Doctor can't help me but wants me to pay

Posted on May 28th, 2015

Terrible experience. Called ahead to see if the doctor could help assess my son's polyester allergies. I was told he is the best in Indiana, and if anyone can help it is him. So I make and appointment. The first thing he says when he walks in the room is "I cannot help you". "I deal with allergies caused by proteins like pollen, dust, milk. You need to see a dermatologist". I told him I was angry that the front desk didn't tell me that when I SPECIFICALLY asked them" He looked me in the eye and said, "I would file a complaint if I were you." I did file a complaint to no avail. But rest assured the doctor sends a bill for $500! He was in the office with us for about 10-15 minutes. BE CAREFUL of what you are coming for and don't accept vague he's the best in Indiana as you will get a bill. No customer service means I won't return and I'll be sure to let others know of how patients are treated.

Acted arrogant and spoke condescendingly

Posted on May 10th, 2015

The doctor spent adequate time with us and his staff was very kind. Unfortunately he was not. Perhaps it was a bad day, but my experience was like the other two reviewers. He acted arrogant and dismissed my questions and concerns in a condescending manner. He definitely appeared to be in this position for the money and prestige and not for the love of his patients. He would not test for the areas that concerned me and really did nothing that would help us, even though my child does have true allergies. i know there are other allergists in Indianapolis who are more humble and helpful and do not act like they are gods simply because they are doctors, but unfortunately insurance won't let us make an appointment again for another 6-12 months, so we're stuck until then with the same questions and concerns that we had before we saw him.

misled into office, tested for unneeded procedures

Posted on March 9th, 2015

I called the office and asked if Dr. L could help with my son's polyester allergy, since it is rare and often unheard of. They told me “he is the best in the area” and that I would have to see the doctor to ask him that, as they could not advise me. So I take 2 hours off work, and take my son out of school. Dr. walks in and immediately tells me he cannot help me, He only deals with proteins –milk, mites, etc. He says I need a dermatologist and perhaps skin patch tests. He surmises, perhaps, dust mites are the cause of nighttime stuffy nose, and we test for mites; of course the test is negative. I express my frustration as I specifically asked the front desk if he could help with polyester allergies! Not to mention wasted time off work and education. He looks me in the eye and says, “I would file a complaint, if I were you". Taking his advice, I do file a complaint and nothing ultimately happens. Dr. Leickly insists he provided a service. Trust me, you don’t want this service. I’ve called billing and the office manager explaining my story; they refuse to negotiate the unfair bill. Be cautious, as his bedside manner is not overly impressive and clearly the appointment staff is 100% unhelpful. They could have asked," Hey Dr. can you help with polyester allergies?" He could have said: No, I can’t". Like the other reviewer, I get a $500 bill…. KEEP LOOKING.

Needs stronger staff

Posted on September 30th, 2014

We took an early morning appointment it was the first he had with my daughter being a new patient. We live about 30 min away we were almost there when someone called to say he was sick and couldn't see her. They called the next day to reschedule. When we finally got to see him he wouldn't work off her allergy tests she had just done. He wanted to retest her. He also send us on to another specialist for the main problem I was concerned about. He coded my daughter at the highest level you could for insurance making his rates so high that the insurance would only pay a fraction of the visit. It was less than a 10 min visit and he had it down like a 2 hour one I tried to have it explained to me and the office staff is not helpful at all. I just needed to know if he codes like this everytime because we would have to switch doctors but they would not tell me. They also would not tell me about the testing I asked about the coding for that since he spent 10 min with us to say go to another specialist and bill for hours I was scared what he would do for a test. Nobody would ever help me they said they would ask him and get back with me and they never did so we just changed doctors.

Posted on November 27th, 2016