Dr. Frederick Licciardi Is this you?

2.7

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Frederick Licciardi?

Did IVF with Dr. Licciardi in 2004

Posted on January 11th, 2017

I think this man is an angel. A mother of 12 year old twins I look at them everyday and remember how he was the reason i have them today. I call them my miracle children. Every other doctor told me I could not get pregnant and or carry a child to term. First IVF I was pregnant with Twins. He does not worry about his numbers he cares about his patients. Great guy all around.

Posted on March 4th, 2016

Exceptional physician both professionally and personally

Meh

Posted on October 1st, 2015

When I began seeking fertility treatments I went to Dr. Licciardi after being referred by a friend. He spent very little time with me, didn't effectively communciate options or what to expect and didn't return phone calls. I promptly cancelled all future tests, etc and went to Columbia's Center for Women's Reproductive Care. There I was always able to spend as much time with a doctor as I desired, received return phone calls that same day and became pregnant with my twins. I am sure both facilities have high success rates but going through fertility treatments is emotionally draining and confusing so I would select a doctor or group who is responsive with a caring and patient bedside demeanor.

Thorough and knowledgeable doctor

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

I went to see Dr. Licciardi after my ob/gyn told me that my ultrasound and blood work showed that everything was great with my body and that husband was probably the reason we were not getting pregnant. In our first appointment, Dr. Licciardi took time to explain all of our options and said that he wanted to give me an ultrasound. I told him that I had one the previous month and was told it was great. He said that he wanted to do it anyway. Within seconds, Dr. Licciardi discovered what my ob/gyn missed, that I had a septum in my uterus. Dr. Licciardi explained what that meant and scheduled a surgery for me for the following week. Against his own interest, Dr. Licciardi suggested that I try to get pregnant naturally for a bit because the septum might have been the cause for trouble conceiving. After the surgery, Dr. Licciardi called me personally to see how I was feeling. I was in shock! He also turned out to be correct, because on the third month of trying, I got pregnant naturally. Dr. Licciardi is knowledgeable and thorough. I highly recommend him. Women who are having trouble conceiving are understandably emotional, I was. I don't think it is fair to expect your fertility doctor to hold your hand through the process. He is helping lots of women at the same time and is giving you the medical care you need. Emotional care should come from someone else.

Highly Recommend

Posted on July 24th, 2013

First, for those who feel Dr. Licciardi has a poor bedside manner, you must have caught him on a bad day - either yours or his - because he is one of the most compassionate, sensitive, gentile and supportive doctors I have ever had. I am quick to leave a place if I feel I'm not being treated well, and I have been with Dr. Licciardi for over 10 years now. He literally saved my life - and my uterus - 12 years ago. I have recommended many people to him since, all who have loved him. I am not going to the clinic for IVF, and without a doubt, I get the people who say it is like a factory - it is. Most of the top clinics are. But Dr. Licciardi is still the same kind, patient, and skilled professional regardless of the 'factory' like conditions a top fertility clinic may create. And please note, I have friends who have used / are using Griffo, Noyes, and Berkeley - all of them have some people who like them, and some who don't. Everyone can have a bad day, you and your doctors, and it might be you just had a bad day or the doctor didn't. Plus, picking a doctor is a personality preference. You should always pick the doctor who's personality befits yours. But that aside, they all at times get busy and can't call you back in an hour, it might be later that day or sometimes, for non-urgent issues, the next day. And I get that's frustrating, but it's because they have 100's of patients each and there's not enough time in the day. Again, to those who say it's because they don't care, that's really untrue. Prior to starting IVF I had to have surgery to remove a cyst on my ovary and my left fallopian tube. Complications ensued and Dr. Licciardi took time to call me when I was in the hospital recovering, and then visited - he wasn't my surgeon. If that's not compassion and caring, I don't know what is. Last point to make, Dr. Licciardi is very competent and professional. I am a low responder and had my first cycle cancelled when I didn't respond to the drugs at all. I asked Dr. Licciardi if that meant they wouldn't continue and he said absolutely not, he would tweak the protocal and we move forward. I am on cycle 2 now, and only have 3 follicles. Most clinics would cancel a cycle at this point, but Dr. Licciardi explained this might be my best shot and hence the decision should be mine. I asked questions, he answered them all. But he will NOT tell you what to do, he'll only give you advice. So if you're looking for him to tell you what to do, he won't. He will, however, tell you what he would recommend if you specifically ask him what his recommendation would be. He's like of pushiness is to give you the opportunity to make the decision right for you. What's more, he and his entire staff are excellent about understanding how expensive this is and advising you, as well as coming up with plans for you, to determine how to move forward to best afford the procedure. I concur with the prior rater who said anyone who thinks Dr. Licciardi lacks in bedside manner simply does not know Dr. Licciardi. I consider myself lucky and fortunate to have Dr. Licciardi as a doctor. Fingers crossed this process works for me. But if it doesn't, it's not his fault, it's just how life sometimes turns out.

Posted on May 14th, 2013

Very impersonal....looks like he is running a factory...looks very uninterested in your case poor at returning calls and answering questions...My advice find another location and a doctor if you can...IVF is a very emotional journey you need a doctor who is empathetic so you definitely DO NOT need Dr. Liccardi.

Doesn't care about his patients.

Posted on March 8th, 2013

For three months I've been at the clinic, I've seen him twice and both times he spent less them two minutes with me. Being my doctor, he didn't seem to care. Horrible bed side manners! Dr.Griffo is the best doctor, if you have a choice, choose him instead!

It is a factory, with no Caring

Posted on August 16th, 2012

Spent thousands of dollars on IVF, time and emotion. After the process failed Dr. Liccardi failed to even return my calls. Bottom line it is a factory and all about taking your money. You'll need lady luck on your side there because you will get nothing (guidance, support, eductaion) from the Drs, including Liccardi. Best to go somewhere ...where they actually care about the patients verses their Hampton's Homes and Porsche's.

Posted on June 27th, 2012

Dr. Licciardi has a warm bedside manner. He is thorough in his consultations and makes you feel at ease. He always returned my calls the same day and answered any question I had patiently.

Posted on October 17th, 2017