Dr. Frederick Lupton III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Frederick Lupton III?

October 4th, 2017

Another visit

Always a excellent experience with the staff and Dr. Lupton.

August 29th, 2017

Dr. Lupton has been my Dermatologist for over 20 years. I live in Mt. Airy, NC but drive the distance due to the professionalism and service he renders....his entire staff is always friendly, courteous and prompt.

April 10th, 2017

My mother's basal cell carcinoma was overlooked.

This review is based on my mother's appointment: I've personally have been seeing Dr. Lupton for about 20 years and always had pleasant experiences. Two years ago, I took my mother to him as she had several spots of concern. He did remove a couple of moles and sent them for biopsy. However, he quickly disregarded a place on her nose as "nothing to be concerned with" and used an electricity gadget to "zap" it. The spot healed but continued a cycle of returning and going away. Because Dr. Lupton told her it was nothing to be concerned about she ignored it. When it started bleeding I urged her to go back to the doctor. She decided to see another dermatologist in High Point, NC who instantly said it was BCC. He removed it, sent it for biopsy and it was confirmed BCC. She now has to have Mohs surgery on the tip of her nose and is very concerned as the lesion has now been on her nose for over three years. I was in the room when Dr. Lupton did my mother’s exam. I do not know why he did not look into the spot on her nose more. Maybe it was not at a stage where it could be easily determined by eye but there was definitely a small bump present. I am now concerned for myself that some things may be looked over on me that should not be. Unfortunately, the experience with my mother has upset me enough that I feel it is time for me to find a different doctor for myself.

July 6th, 2016

A mixed bag

I have only been a few times and I have dealt with PA Jan each time. While I must admit the time spent with her was short and I may of had a negative feeling about one of her helpers attitudes all must be put in perspective. They have jobs to do, appointments to be on time for, etc. She did full body mole checks per my request and has also assisted in removing an atypical mole and freezing bothersome warts. Always friendly and sharp.

March 2nd, 2015

Does not realize how serious melanoma is

Jan (the PA) is very thorough. She listened to my health history of numerous atypical moles and gave what I thought to be a thorough skin check. She removed one mole and it was indeed in need of being taken off, as the pathology report confirmed. I then saw Dr. Lupton for a skin check, months later. I specifically showed him a mole that I had noticed changing and informed him of my history and of the odd characteristics of this particular mole (such as scabbing). I was so concerned about it that I actually took a picture of it the night before my visit. I thought he would surely biopsy it so it wouldn't hurt to have a before picture. Well, he told me it was fine and nothing to worry about. He didn't even measure it. 8 months later I came back because I was still concerned about it. While waiting to be seen, I overhead Jan and the nurse discussing me outside my door. They were questioning why I had returned so soon, saying how I shouldn't be back so soon since it's not like I had had melanoma before. When they entered the room, I politely let them know that I heard them talking about me and I explained I always come twice a year due to the high number of atypical moles I've had removed. Sure enough, Jan wanted to remove the mole I had been concerned about and showed Dr. Lupton earlier, and sure enough- it was melanoma. The horrible experience doesn't end there. The nurse called me to inform me of the pathology report showing melanoma. The doctor didn't even call me and he wasn't there to answer my questions. I was understandably upset and confused (it's CANCER after all), and then the nurse on the phone got upset and said, "I don't know why they make me call you with these results when I can't answer any of your questions!" I'm thinking- I'm the one with cancer, not you- you have no right to get upset with me. Dr. Lupton never did call me (as she said he would). I left a message on Monday and the PA called me back. When I finally did see him again, Dr. Lupton was very reassuring about my having melanoma and saying we caught it early, etc. However, melanoma, I've learned, is a very serious form of cancer and even when you have clear margins, there is still a chance that it can metastasize. Given my staging, I firmly believe he should have referred me to an oncologist. I'm glad I did not follow his advice to do nothing further. Sometimes you have to be your own advocate and always, always get a second opinion. It could save your life.

October 10th, 2014

I went to Dr Lipton's to get some skin tags remove although he did a painless removal on some of them on my neck he said the ones on my face he would have to freeze but I guess he forgot because he didn't remove any of them I also had some questions about my thin hair he told me just use rogain for me he seemed like he was in a rush to go to the next patient I did not feel like he gave me the time I needed its already hard enough to talk to doctors about embarrassing problems and when u feel rush that's even more disappointing.

August 11th, 2014

The best in Greensboro my whole family loves Dr Lupton he is very knowledgeable kind and professional always his diagnosis correct we highly recommend him and his staff

September 22nd, 2013

Patient

When I went for an appt. it took forever I was about to leave. The STAFF is terrible!!! He need to get new staff throughout that office. I liked Dr. Lupton he was very kind to me. I believe that a Doctor should really get a staff that knows how to represent him not just people that are there for a pay check. I wanted to do business with him again but the STAFF made me not come back. Dr. Lupton really look at this it can cause harm to your pratice I really think you are a good doctor thanks for your help. Concern never to return patient

February 20th, 2013

Staff was not very courteous to my needs. Laughed at what I asked for. Will not recommend this office for any of your skin needs!!!

November 11th, 2012

Too busy to call in a prescription???

Three problems came up right away when we used this practice for our family's dermatological issues. First, only one of our child's three prescription was filled properly because "sometimes it gets really busy" in the office, or the practice conducts business with a drug manufacturer which is user-unfriendly. Second, three of four medical professionals did not even let us finish our sentences when we tried to explain or describe things! All of them were too busy typing or walking around the exam room to stop and l-i-s-t-e-n. Third, only after a failed attempt to fill a prescription by phone through the drug company suggested by the practice did I hear about a generic option which is less expensive and provides the same results. We think these problems might be eased if the doctor reevaluates his approach to patient care and chooses to cut back on the number of people he wants to book and bill in a day. In the meantime, our family will search for a practice more deserving of our business.

April 11th, 2012

Been to this office 3 times

We first went to Dr Lupton on the rcommendation of our pediatrician. My daughter had a mole that her ped was concerned about. He took the tissue sample quickly and painlessly. The second visit we scheduled with a female MD in the practice. The office receptionist forgot to tell her we were there. When the female MD saw us she was very rushed. We were being seen an hour after our appointment time. She was rude to my daughter and had a terrible bedside manner. I asked all my questions until I was satisfied with the answers. Our third appointment was with Dr Lupton(by choice). We had quite a few questions and he answered them all though he did tell us that he spent more time with us than he had planned. I am ok with being told that and did not feel offended as I am the one paying. I never let doctors leave the room until all of my questions are answered. Both doctors wanted my daughter to have antibiodics which we declined. FYI traditional doctors prescribe. That is how they were trained.

April 6th, 2012

Very Unconcerned

I visited him recently and was very concerned by the lack of time he spent "examining" me. I went in for a routine skin check and all he did was tell me to raise the front of my shirt and raise the back of my shirt, said, "your're ok" and walked out. I had some areas of concern on my shoulders that I wanted him to look at but he was in and out so fast that I didn't have time to ask him. I made another appointment with him for a year from now but have since canceled it.I will definately find another Dermatologist that at least shows some concern. Very, very disappointed!!