Dr. Frederick Nunes Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Frederick Nunes?

Treated me very poorly

Posted on August 2nd, 2014

I went to Dr. Nunes for abdominal pain and frequent diarrhea. I waited for over an hour before seeing him. Once in the exam room, he looked at my chart and asked me what I was taking certain medications for. When I said "bipolar disorder" he was visibly afraid of me even though I was not symptomatic. He actually shuddered and backed away from me towards the door. I am overweight (as was he) and he said, "Is THAT your weight?" and not in a kind tone. I felt humiliated and did not go back. I eventually found out months later from another doctor that my then-severe abdominal pain was due to ovarian torsion and a sizable ovarian tumor pressing on my bowel. In the meantime, I was in severe pain for months, afraid to go to another doctor because I was afraid of being treated as poorly as Dr. Nunes. People with mental illness diagnoses are human beings worthy of kind, competent treatment, but Nunes is unaware of it.

Personal Touch

Posted on July 26th, 2012

I saw Dr. Nunes with a very painful and abnormal symptoms. Dr. Nunes scheduled my tests right away, and called me personally with my results. His manner is not overly warm, but caring enough to explain my possible conditions in language that I could understand. He made referrals to other fantastic doctors. I feel he is a real advocate for his patients.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on May 26th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Nunez for years and would not think of going to anyone else. He personally calls me with all of my lab results. His nurse is great and always gets back to me. He is intelligent but easy to talk to.

Posted on October 6th, 2017