A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Porkolab:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Porkolab, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Porkolab graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Porkolab has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Allegheny General Hospital
- Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Porkolab accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 1 plan
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Frederick L. Porkolab practice?
Dr. Frederick Porkolab practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cardiology, and Cardiac Electrophysiology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: New Kensington, PA and Natrona Heights, PA.
See Pittsburgh Internists and Pittsburgh Cardiologists.