A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Porkolab:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frederick Porkolab is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Porkolab
High Cholesterol Patient Education Your patient education guide for reducing high cholesterol (hypercholetserolemia) levels. HDL, LDL and triglycerides explained.Before Visiting Dr. Porkolab Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Porkolab, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Porkolab graduated from University of Pennsylvania , Philadelphia.
Dr. Porkolab has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Upmc St Margaret
- Allegheny General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Frederick Lewis Porkolab MD is a male Internist, has 39 years of experience and practices in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- Where does Dr. Frederick L. Porkolab practice?
- Dr. Frederick Porkolab has 5 office locations.
Dr. Frederick Porkolab practices Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Pittsburgh, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Natrona Heights, PA and Monroeville, PA.
See Pittsburgh Cardiologists.