A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Frederick Ayers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Frederick Ayers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Frederick Ayers, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Ayers graduated from Tufts University, Boston.
Dr. Ayers has 3 hospital affiliations:
- South Shore Hospital
- Carney Hospital
- South Shore Orthopedics, LLC
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ayers accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care - 2 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 23 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Frederick S. Ayers practice?
Dr. Frederick Ayers practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Hingham, MA.
Additional practice locations include: East Weymouth, MA and South Weymouth, MA.
See Hingham Orthopedic Surgeons.