Dr. Frederick Schaerf Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Frederick Schaerf?

February 14th, 2017

Very competent and very caring

Dr Schaerf is an acknowledged expert on drug interaction and is well-trained, conscientious and caring physician as well as running a highly regarded investigational clinic.

February 25th, 2016

Best Doctor I've ever had.

November 17th, 2015

Dr Schaerf and Karry have over and above the call of duty met my needs. The pleasant demeanor and knowledge is a safe environment for honesty. The fragil subject one experiences is cared for with respect.

November 8th, 2015

I'm Just Saying

I am forever grateful to Dr. Schaerf and his staff for properly assessing my situation many years ago in my deepest, darkest time of need. Neuropsychiatric Research Center and Dr. Schaerf managed my crisis with a combination of psychology and medication to help replenish my serotonin levels and give me a proper prospective into the causes of the illness I was experiencing. Without delving into specifics, I will attest that Dr. Schaerf ultimately saved me from the brink of my own destruction. Every Day for the last 22 years has been a complete gift of life for me, thanks to the quality and professional care of Dr. Schaerf and his team.

July 12th, 2015

Doesn't accept insurance. Bombards you with Medications. More concerned with getting paid and his practice as a Forensic Psychiatrist than with patients.

June 29th, 2013

This guy was my husbands dr for several years before I ever met or spoke to him. I believe my husbands success for the early years was due to the caring and compassionate understanding of his former nurse practitioner, Georgia. His new one, Kerry, didn't respond or welcome spousal input like Georgia did. In fact, upon finally meeting both she and the dr they both seemed to take my now unmedicated spouses words as truth. Yet the dr sent a certified letter stating my husband should be on meds. I guess they are great until you question them. If your spouse is bipolar stay away, they don't consult with those who live and see the behavior. Even if your spouse signed a disclosure form. GEORGIA WAS AWESOME AT THAT.

November 23rd, 2012

Well worth waiting for

I waited several months for my first appointment but, boy, was it worth it. Dr Schaerf & his RNPA took nearly two hours for intake of my medical, behavioral & social history as well as my medication regimen. I was astounded by their knowledge of medications, side effects and interactions. I was, and still am, included in medication decisions. I feel respected and cared for at all times. I am always encouraged to contact either Dr Schaerf or his RNAP with any troublesome reactions to meds or changes in symptoms. I also have substance abuse issues and my continued recovery is always at the core of our discussions about medications. Dr. Schaerf does not accept any insurance. I wish that he would reconsider this policy. I have highly recommended him to many friends but his insurance situation has kept away many who could benefit from becoming patients.

March 21st, 2012

Worst Psychiatrist EVER! (MUST READ)

I saw Dr. Frederick Schaerf for around 7 months....He was more concerned with getting PAID than helping me. He put me on several psychiatric medications that FAILED to help me. Infact, they made me a lot worse!On my last visit, he told me that they (him and the ARNP, couldn't help me anymore).Kerry walked out of the office and back in with Dr. Schaerf. They both walked in with a Tissue in their hands. As they walked in , He said to me - " Were throwin in the TOWEL". Both Kerry & Dr. Frederick Schaerf waved the tissue in their hands (in my face) while saying it.That said that to me, like it was all some big joke. Dr. Schaerf is EXTREMELY Unprofessional and has no clue what he is doing. I hightly recommend that everyone stays as far away from him & his practice as possible.I needed to goto therapy because of what they did/said to me.Stay away from Neuropsychiatric Research Center of SWFL & Dr. Frederick Schaerf!

October 10th, 2011

This doctor is very self absorbed. More times than none you are pawned off to one of his clinicians who asks you the same ridiculous questions every time you visit. Then, if you are lucky, you will be "blessed" with his 5 second appearance. He will never admit that he is wrong and will just make one excuse after the other why he feels his so called diagnosis is right.

June 28th, 2011

Dr Schaerf it is one of the most realistic profesionals I have meet my whole life, also his knowleageable staff. He in his own way is very caring and direct wich I appreciate from a Dr. and his staff, I want to say Thank you for helping me and my family that there is light at the end of the tunnel

March 7th, 2011

Dr Schaerf treated me for one year. I sought treatment for post partum depression and major depressive disorder. In one year I saw the Dr Schaerf three or four times and the rest of my time was spent with a clinician. I had approximately 15 visits that year. Throughout the course of the year, I was placed on five separate medications which made my condition much worse. During my visits I would tell the clinician of all my new symptoms that I had never experienced before; ex: picking at legs until they scarred, extreme excessive behaviors, compulsive shopping. Nothing was done about this obvious mental decline. By the end of the year, my nails were falling off, my hair was falling out, and I was dangerously suicidal. Dr Schaerf decided to step in at that time and inform me that "no antidepressants would make any difference for me. My problems were not biological". Which is simply not true. My depression can be traced back to four years of age. I feel very fortunate to have escaped this ordeal with my life.

July 15th, 2010

Mr. Patient

To busy about himself to care about you