Dr. Frederick Todd II MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 12th, 2017
Bedside manner
He is somewhat lacking in sympathy.

October 22nd, 2015
Dr. Todd Rocks!
When it comes to your spinal column - I wouldn't want any other doctor than Dr. Todd. Yes, Sometimes the wait is a little long - but well worth it. He spends time with each patient - ususally forgoing lunch himself to meet the needs of his patients.

July 7th, 2015
Time wasted
The first person of contact is the lady that sign you in and collect the co-pay and she rarely look at you or properly greet you. The wait time was always over an hour and after waiting that long, Dr. Todd spent exactly 3 minutes and never even looked at my husband's surgical site. I do not recommend this doctor.

August 31st, 2012
A great physician
Love Dr. Todd. He's very professional and knowledgeable.

June 28th, 2012
Careless doctor
I wish I was assigned a different doctor. Dr. Todd performed surgery on my father, at first he seemed okay. However when I started asking questions he was very rude and would tell me a nurse could answer them. He gave me the impression of being extremely careless when it comes to family concerns for his patients. My father has had major complications, and every time I call his office, his staff is very rude and thy give me the feeling that they are tired of dealing with me. For one, it isn't my fault my father had complications, two, I really hate calling to ask questions but it is necessary--I don't do it because I want to. The waiting time at his office is incredible. I've had to wait a max of three hours, just to see him for 15 minutes--in which he is rude and portrays an attitude. I have never had a bad experience with doctors, at least not one that has left such a bad impression.Do not give this guy your money, if you can look for other doctors. Take it from me and from the several other unsatisfied patients.

March 26th, 2012
Glad I got another opinion
He blew off my concern about my hip and insisted I needed the back surgery that would give me great relief. Before his scheduled surgery I had an MRI of my hip by another doctor. Avascular necrosis was the diagnosis and in layman's terms I was told it's a crumbling hip. The second surgeon and my own medical doctor both recommend doing the hip surgery first and the back pain can be handled with injections for a while. Todd isn't a surgeon who can do the hip! Is that the reason my concern was blown off as casually as you throw away tissue paper. Todd has a friendly staff member who handles the window, but the others can go rake leaves. The state of health care is in big trouble if this is where it has come.

September 19th, 2011
Second Thoughts after Surgery Later
I have had one experience after another with this office and Dr. Todd. The wait time is ridiculous from the sign in point until you see the Dr. Dr. Todd, was rude, short with his words and attitued, didn't do any follow exam after my surgery when I was telling him what issues I was having, he didn't even write them down that I know of. He told me he only does the surgery, any issues I have afterwards is not for him to work with and to see my family doctor who referred me for surgery. Like the other poster says, "Cut and go".

August 30th, 2011
Not my opinion of a good Dr.
I have heard from other patients and Dr.'s that Todd does not have time for complications he likes to cut and go, likes multiple surgery's plans next 2 to 4 surgery's instead of taking care of the problem then and there is what I have been told .

February 24th, 2011
Spinal Fusion
Very good surgeon. Excellent diagnostic manner. Only spinal surgeon in Arlington, so promptness and time spent with me affected rating.

January 26th, 2011
frustrated wife
My husband had the dr perform surgery in 2000. Twice we needed to follow up with him for medical reasons. There is always 3 to 4 hour waits in the lobby, he has now washed his hands of his patient, my husband. So we re now scrambling to find another neurosurgeon tht will take on my husbands case.

January 20th, 2011
Don't waste your time or Health on this Doctor
Dr. Todd performed brain surger on my Aunt. She and the family were told that after 2 days in recovery that she would be able to go home and resume life as normal. I am not sure what Dr. Todd considers normal, but not being able to speak or even know her name is not normal too me. We have had 2 follow up appointments with Dr. Todd and he has been condisending and rude. He will not answer any questions the family has but continues to say that her progress is satisfactory. The last visit we has was yesterday 1/19/11 at which we had an appt. at 8:30 a.m. and we were not taken back to a room until 10:30 and did not see Dr. Todd until after 11. He never examined my Aunt nor did he want to discuss what she was unable to do. This morning she fell and his her head and has had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. We are unable to get a hold of Dr. Todd or his staff because they take a 2 hr lunch. Patients who feel that waiting a long time to see this doctor are fooling themselves if they think it is because of his bedside manner...it is strictly because he is unorganized and does not care about his patients.

April 30th, 2010
Follow up less than ideal
Dr. Todd kept my 78-year-old mother waiting for 3 hours during one visit. After her surgery, he didn't come to see her in the hospital until two days. Later. This is NOT good professional practice. Some states have laws requiring that physicians (or their associates) see a hospitalized patient at least every 24 hours. He doesn't have a Phys. Assistant, advanced practice nurse or any associates he could send in his place. That kind of makes me wonder why he's such a loner. And the OR staff and made jokes about the fact that he regularly keeps everyone waiting on surgery days. He may be a good surgeon (hard for me to judge) but his follow-up is less than professional.