Dr. Frederick Turton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Frederick Turton?

New to his practice

Posted on August 30th, 2016

I needed a new PCP who accepted my insurance. it's difficult to find a new PCP without a long wait. I called Emory and they found an appointment with Dr. Turton within 2 weeks vs. six months like many of the other docs I had called. Someone had obviously cancelled and I called at the right time. On the day of the appointment, I was a few minutes early to my appointment and was still at the receptionist's desk providing copies of my driver's license and insurance, when Dr. Turton's nurse came to call me back to the exam room. I didn't even sit down and was in the room 10 minutes prior to my scheduled time. The nurse was professional, asked all of the appropriate questions, took my medical records and then my vitals and noted my concerns. Shortly after she left, Dr. Turton entered the room and was very professional, explained his approach to medicine (the less medication the better) and performed the physical and listened to my history and concerns. I left feeling I had a conversation with a friend about my well being. He sent my prescriptions electronically to my pharmacy and the lab draw was done at the end of the exam. Overall, I am very pleased with Dr. Turton and Emory Midtown. They're very efficient, prompt, professional and even though I haven't seen the invoice, it doesn't seem as if they perform every possible test just for billing and reimbursement purposes like my prior PCP / group is known for doing.

Posted on December 28th, 2015

Dr. Turton is very professional, and is a proactive listener. His staff is responsive, especially using the Emory portal.

great doctor

Posted on October 26th, 2015

great bedside manner listens well he instills confidence thay yopur in good hands

Do Not Use This Doctor

Posted on November 14th, 2011

I would never recommend anyone to doctor Dr Turton. He has poor bedside manners, is very sarcastic, brash and unhelpful. When someone has been sick for over 10 days, up all night coughing and horribly exhausted one would expect more help than being told to take advil and get over it like everyone else. Dr Turton did not listen to the severity/length of the symptoms and amount of over the counter drugs attempted without any luck. Instead, he was rude, took the payment and sent us on our way and here we sit still horribly sick with no help.

Posted on April 27th, 2009

I didn't last long with this doctor with no empathy for a major problem that he misdiagnosed. Very indifferent.

Posted on July 20th, 2017