Pediatrician, Pediatric Specialist, Gastroenterologist (digestive)
Video profile

by Jill on Apr 24th, 2015

My son began stool withholding at three years of age. It is hard to describe the fear, concern, and helplessness that consumed me and my husband for over 6 months. After some research, I found Dr. Daum. He is the ONLY reason that my son is no longer withholding and is even potty trained. He helped me to realize how I was enabling the behavior and guided me medically on a daily basis (he gave me his direct cell phone number and asked me to call him every single day during the process. He even picked up my call when he was getting a haircut!). I am a fellow medical professional and have NEVER come across a medical doctor that gave me their personal cell number to assist in my medical care. By giving me the confidence and medical guidance, I was able to help my son gain control. I am forever grateful for Dr. Daum's thorough and knowledgeable care. He is very direct and will get you to answer the question he needs answered so that he can help your child in the quickest and most painless way possible. His method of treatment, if followed through, is a guaranteed fix. I hope Doctor Daum realizes the difference he has made in my son's life. His care is unparalleled. He even hugged me and my son when he discharged us on April 22,2015.

excellent physitian show details excellent physitian
by N Schwartz on Apr 8th, 2015

I really have excellent experiences with Dr. Daum and he has many years of experience and doesn't feel the need to do testing unless it is necessary. He always answered any questions that I had and he was very helpful in resolving the issues I was having with my child. If you go in for a visit you do't have to wait long if you have an appointment or show up early he will take you in so you won't have to wait long. He there is a need for you to reach him after hours he will provide you with his personal phone number and he never gets upset at the questions that you have and resolves the emergencies over the phone. I highly recommend you use him as a physician you will wish you had called him or found him sooner.

Mindblowingly Rude, Arrogant, Disgusting show details Mindblowingly Rude, Arrogant, Disgusting
Mar 19th, 2015

Dr. Daum is by far the rudest, most arrogant and behaviorally disgusting doctor I have ever encountered. He blatantly tells you that you are taking up his valuable time when you try to ask a question after listening to him talk about himself for 30 minutes straight. He talks over you and puts down other professionals that are working with you. He claims to help children with special needs but apparently if they have a condition he has never heard of, it doesn't exist to him and it is dismissed completely. Claims 100% success however his program was not appropriate and did not work for my family, as well as 2 other families I know.

by Jennifer Stewart on Feb 11th, 2015

Dr.Daum is truly an angel sent from above.He has helped my son when we had just about given up on toilet training .

Great Person and Great Help!!! show details Great Person and Great Help!!!
Nov 12th, 2014

Dr. Daum is nothing short of a great doctor. He accurately diagnosed me, found an effective treatment for me, and held my hand every step of the way. He comforted me, made himself accessible to me by letting me reach him at any point via his cell phone, and most importantly HEALED ME!!! If it were not for him I would still be suffering. You must give him a chance!

hardest working doctor show details hardest working doctor
Oct 20th, 2014

He gives you his cell phone. Think about that. For any parents that are reading this review, you know you close to the end of your rope when dealing with some of the elimination disorders Dr. Daum treats. We were. We were so lucky to find him. We felt completely out of control not know how to help our 4 y/o son who has had encopresis for over a year with no success in curbing the accidents. This is a long road, it is not an instant fix, but Dr. Daum is a close as you are going to get to a doctor living in your house helping you with each bump in the road until the right combination of success is found. I am writing this review after a week of working with him and talking to him hours a day. Even for almost an hour at 7:30 on a Saturday morning. This is the doctor and program of support you need for your child, please trust another loving an determined parent.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Oct 7th, 2014

Dr. Daum is an amazing doctor. He truly cares for his patients. My son came to Dr, Daum last October for stool withholding as a result of being put under for cavities. He has progressed so much in the last year. He was potty trained in a day and Dr. Daum spoke to me on the phone the first few days and offered us supported which helped me and my son in his confidence with potty training. Dr. Daum is truly concerned is helping children feel good and get to learn their bodies and sees my son on a monthly basis to keep updated on his progress. I am truly happy with Dr. Daum who has impacted my son's and our families lives in a truly remarkable way.

Excellent show details Excellent
by Kathy on Jun 18th, 2014

Dr. Daum spent a great deal of time with us, and was extremely thorough. While completing his toileting program, we spoke by phone every night for weeks. We have never had to wait in the office. My son looks forward to seeing Dr. Daum.

mom show details mom
by eileen Yurdiga on Jun 16th, 2014

Dr. Daum takes the time to listen and review all symptoms that my son was experiencing. He followed up on lab work and tests that were completed. He has a nice way with children.

dr daum show details dr daum
Jun 9th, 2014

Worst most arrogant dr. He tries to fit every patient into his "stool withholding syndrome" diagnosis and ends up misdiagnosing many children. (I myself know of three). He speaks harshly and inappropriately. Very offensive and awful bedside manner.

Rudest doctor show details Rudest doctor
by Mary on May 4th, 2014

Dr Daum is the most rudest, arrogant & nastiest doctors I have ever dealt with. He never listens to what you have to say, & tells you that's not important to him. Constantly talks over you & is extremely disrespectful in front of the children. I'm surprised he's still practicing and that people put up with his bedside manner. I have recently found a wonderful doctor who has great bedside manner and listens to what you have to say. This doctor needs to come off his high horse and go back to school & learn how to treat people.

GREAT DOCTOR... show details GREAT DOCTOR...
Aug 26th, 2013

Dr Daum is one of the world's best doctors!!!! His knowledge and skill are a notch above. The thing my wife and I liked best was his availability...the time he takes to talk with us, ask about us, talk to our daughter. He is very busy, but never makes us feel that he is too busy for us. Appointments are easy to get as he works long hours. The staff is nice and helpful. If you really want the best for your child, go to Dr Daum!

Great GI Doc show details Great GI Doc
Aug 6th, 2013

Took my daughter to Dr Daum last week and he was so great. He was third GI doc we went to see and finally, someone who can help us. He was patient, smart and knowledgeable. He had a nice manner with my daughter and we never felt rushed. I am so happy my girlfriend insisted I go see Dr Daum. I would recommend him highly to anyone.

Truly amazing, compassionate and caring doctor! show details Truly amazing, compassionate and caring doctor!
Jul 25th, 2013

Dr. Daum is nothing short of amazing! He helped us potty train a six year old with autism, and it certainly wasn't an easy task but he was always available whenever we needed him. During the first week he called me no less than twice a day - even while he was on vacation! I have his personal cell number and can call him anytime I need him. If he isn't able to answer he returns my call promptly. We have never met in person, he was able to work with us over the phone. We had tried so many methods, to no avail. His program truly works, and I am so grateful for him and his wife. He is truly a caring, compassionate and knowledgeable man that only wants to help parents and children live a fulfilling, happy life. I only hope that others find my post helpful and give Dr. Daum a chance. He will truly change your life!

Terrible show details Terrible
May 23rd, 2013

We took our son to see Dr. Daum when our son was about 10 months old because he was gagging and vomiting every day. Without even doing a single test (or even a basic exam), Dr. Daum said "He'll outgrow it" and sent us on our way. Now, here we are over a year later and we just found out through another doctor we've been working with that our son has a serious medical problem with his throat. I'm disgusted no real tests were ordered by Dr. Daum over a year ago and that our son has had to suffer all of this time. Needless to say, I do not recommend him.

Excellent person and Doctor show details Excellent person and Doctor
by Dr Fedric Daum on Apr 24th, 2013

I really appreciated Dr Daum with his overall honesty and simplicity to our daughters problem! How grateful we were to learn it was behavioral! Dr Daum has a mandated program which i learned so much from and my daughter is a different person- thanks to him. I would recommend everyone i know to put what they think they know "aside" and Let Dr Daum do his " magic"- THANK YOU DR DAUM for all you do and you are appreciated by us and so many xo

Mar 28th, 2013

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible,

Mar 20th, 2013

Straight to the point. Sit down, shut up and listen. He asks the questions he wants the answers to, period. He'll educate you and tell you what he feels you need to know end of story.I guess that is what makes the wait time and promptness so good. You can ask a question and he'll answer it if he feels it's relevant to the visit at hand. He spent a good amount of time examining the child and explaining his answers. I only gave 3 stars for accuracy because we only saw him today. It sounded good but we'll have to wait and see. He gave us his cell number to bypass office calls if we need him so 4 stars for follow ups. I guess the bedside manner thing is personal. I'm not sure if it matters if you get a doctor who is good at what he does. Thumbs up!

rude and loves to cut you off while you are asking questions. show details rude and loves to cut you off while you are asking questions.
Jun 7th, 2012

Very rude.Terrible front desk staff, who are arrogant and don't try to work with you when you are trying to book a.( All front desk females were talking on their cell phones and joking with each other while people in the waiting room were waiting to be seen.Horrible office hours ..Dr is never in. Doctor is very nasty and cuts you off when you as a concerned parent ask questions too him.

May 30th, 2012

My son was complaining of stomach problems. Shortly after finding Dr. Daum he was diagnosed with Crohns disease. So glad we found the right Doctor to help my son the first time. Not only is he knowledgeable but caring in his field. We are both happy to say he has been tremendous!

Thank you Dr. Daum show details Thank you Dr. Daum
May 7th, 2012

Dr. Daum not onlydiagnosed my 4 year old properly and immediately, but he gave us all the time in the world and really took it personal to make sure that we can get on track with the stool withholding. so far it has worked exactlyhow he said it would, and we couldnt be happier, already the atmosphere in our home is amazingly better. As a note to the parent who was upset by Dr. Daums comment "whats more important, work or your kid" get over yourself, hes right, we've all made mistakes as parents, the difference is that youre not ready to accept that yet, and until you do, your chiled wont get better, remember, its not about you or your ego. Thank you Dr. Daum, you really changed our lives.

Great diagnosis, but beware mandatory meeting show details Great diagnosis, but beware mandatory meeting
May 7th, 2012

Great at diagnosing my 8 y.o. stool withholding problem, but this doctor demands a mandatory meeting which cost $75 non refundable, only held once a month on thursday morning, basically to instruct you on how to re potty train your child. The diagnosis is 100% valid, the $75 mandatory fee for the meeting seems unreasonable. Beware don't sign any paper regarding attending the meeting until you get a second opinion. At least the office was beautiful.

Thank you Dr. Daum! show details Thank you Dr. Daum!
Mar 9th, 2012

My 16 month old has been a patient of Dr Daum's for the past several months. My son's weight has been low and our pediatrician recommended we see a specialist. From our first appointment Dr Daum reassured us that he will help us get our baby on track. He offered advice for his diet with a dose of encouragement. Every follow up visit was a pleasant encounter that I looked forward to. Not only curious to see how much weight he had gained but the reassuring Dr Daum. Not only was his advice spot on - my son has gained steady weight - he was just such a kind man to deal with. I have raved about him to my pediatrician and to all out there that need a kind, super - smart doctor to help your little on thrive. Thank you Dr Daum. We will never forget you!

Very happy show details Very happy
Mar 8th, 2012

My daughter has been under Dr Daum's care for the past few months and I am absolutely thrilled with the progress she has made. Dr Daum is extremely knowledgabel in his field & very firm with his treatment plan, which absolutely works. I wish I had found him years ago. I find him to be professional, personable & he truly cares about his patients and their progress. (He gives out his personal cell phone # to his patients to use during treatment. What other doctor does this ?) I have never felt "rushed" at any of our appointments and would absolutely recommend him to others. And I love that the office really keeps to the scheduled appointment times !

Horrible experience show details Horrible experience
Mar 3rd, 2012

This doctor may have been top at one point in his career. He is arrogant, insulting, unprofessional, and rude. If you ask him any questions the only response you will get is, "Come to my seminar". He did nothing to help diagnose my child's problem. My child was in tears after we left. It was a horrible experience and set us back in treatment a few weeks more. I contacted my pediatrician to let her know what a sordid experience this was. DO NOT GO TO HIM!!!!

Nov 18th, 2011

excellent doctor. very experienced and firm in his convictions and plan of treatment. we went to another pediatric GI who was a disaster. he looks for conservative treatment first before even considering anything more invasive. one of the best doctors in any specialty I have experienced.

Jun 6th, 2011

Dr. Daumis not the kind of doctor I thought he was. Went to him for the first time and he was unable to answer any qustions I had reguarding my son during my visit. His answer to me was, "Come to my seminar, I will answer all questions and talk more in depth about the situation." Needless to say, it was a waste of my time, and money and as far as my son goes, I am back to square one. I will not bring my son back to him, nor would I reccommend him. When I questioned the seminar, his response was "What is more important, work or your son"? I am very disappointed!!!He is out to make money and does not care about the health of your child!!!

Arrogant and Condescending show details Arrogant and Condescending
Jun 15th, 2010

Would not recommend, called my PCP not to refer this Doctor to his patients.