Dr. Fredric Daum MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Gastroenterology Mineola, NY

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Dr. Daum is a LIFE SAVER!!
I cannot say enough about Dr. Daum. He has been a life saver and a life changer. After struggling for a year and a half of toilet training, I was at my wits end with dirty undies, progress for a few days, then a few days of being wet. I could not live a normal life, having to carry a diaper bag for my almost 4 year old. I didn’t go to carnivals or to the beach because of my sons bowel movements were so unpredictable. During the treatment, my son was able to attend pre-k and full day kindergarten without a single accident or issue. After just shy of 2 years, we are normal, without any medications. Dr. Daum treated my son with respect and made him feel responsible for his own body, which made my son feel special. When we told our son we didn’t have to see Dr. Daum anymore, he actually cried. He wanted his picture taken with him. Dr. Daum changed our life, and I highly recommend him to anyone who struggles with toilet training. He knows what he’s talking about; trust him. His office is busy with many parents who struggle with something that seems so elementary. While dealing with children and parents, he often got behind schedule, but the wait was worth it. He always gives you the utmost attention, and never shoves your concerns aside. His superior care also causes some delays, but in today’s day and age, I will take his bedside manner over a short wait. Thank you Dr. Daum.

November 11th, 2016
Experienced and smart Dr!!
My son is 4 years old now and was withholding his stool for about 2 years. He would never have accidents in his underwear, but he would just hold it in. As a result, he was always cranky, easily irritable, and he would not want to participate in school or home activities because he was so occupied with sitting on the couch to make sure that gravity didn't pull out his stool. My husband and I were so fed up because his personality was really affected by his discomfort of holding in his stool. My son's pediatrician recommended Dr. Daum, a pediactric gastroenterolist, also known as "The Potty Training Dr." We met with Dr. Daum 1-2 times before we started his program. I am not going to lie, the program was tough for both me and my child, and at one point I almost lost hope. It was required by Dr. Daum for the parents to call him every night for a week to tell us how he was doing. When I told Dr. Daum I was really struggling, he asked me how many days my son was on the program for, and I said "Day 6." He responded, "Give it a few more days. You are doing great. Hang in there!" On day 7, a day after I told Dr. Daum I was losing hope, my son FINALLY self initiated and used the bathroom all by himself. I was so shocked and happy, that I started to cry with joy. I called my husband and parents to tell them the big news. Ever since that day 7, my son has been self initiating every day. He is a much happier and calmer child, and he finally participates in school activities. Dr. Daum has a LOT of experience and is extremely educated. Trust him, because he knows what he is doing!!!

October 6th, 2016
Potty Restraining
I saw Dr. Daum because my 3yr old son was petrified to go to the toilet. He would scream, turn red and hit me whenever I would put him on the toilet, he would only go in pull ups and that was his last resort. After seeing Dr. Daum he was able to sit down in 1 day and be potty trained in one week. I liked that we were able to talk to Dr. Daum everyday to explain what was going on and if we had any concerns. Dr. Daum talk to you as if you are a friend, not a number. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Daum if you have a child who is having difficulty going to the bathroom, if I did not go to him, my son would still be in pull ups.

September 26th, 2016
9 year old daughter
Our 9 year old daughter had been suffering from encopresis since she was in preschool. Until we started working with Dr. Daum in mid-August, we never fully understood what was driving her chronic bathroom problems and / or how to help our daughter. After two hospitalizations for kidney infections, we saw several GI specialists, received several medical exams to rule out any potential internal problems which were not there, sought psychiatric therapy for 2 years, etc. but the chronic soiling / bed wetting / accidents never went away. With Dr. Daum’s aggressive therapy, our daughter was “accident free” by day 3 and regained her confidence. We were a bit nervous about the new regime but there is definitely a well thought out logic for his program which really works. We had a few bumps going back to school for the first two weeks but Dr. Daum was always there for us and helped us reconfigured her daily routine to continue a life. He is very matter of fact but truly loves what he does and approaches this very embarrassing but also very common issue in a take charge manner. Our family is a lot stronger now and we no longer hold the frustration which came along with the accidents. Highly recommend Dr. Daum to any family seeing help!

September 19th, 2016
our whole family has benefited!
Dr. Daum spent so much time with us. He started by telling me "I have your back, we'll get through this together" which nearly made me cry! My son's illness has taken a huge toll on him and our whole family. It's impossible for him to swim or have sleepovers. He's watching his much younger cousin and brother get toilet trained while he was still wearing pull-ups. He is 10 now and just after his 10th birthday we met Dr. Daum and he changed his life. He entered 5th grade in underwear. He actually got to swim on his last day of summer day camp. He has never gotten to swim at day camp!! Dr. Daum was so caring and so quick to know just what to do. I would highly recommend him to EVERYONE! Get your child to see him right away and just do what he says!! You will be so glad you did!

September 11th, 2016
Dr. Daum is a lifesaver!
He helped our daughter with encopresis. She has now been clean for 3 months. Yay!

September 3rd, 2016
Outstanding Dedication and Commitment
Meeting Dr. Daum was an enormously positive experience for both myself and my 24 year old son with a multitude of special needs. His dedication and commitment to us (as brand new patients!), and the issue we were dealing with is astounding! During the only 'In Office" visit we had, Dr. Daum spoke to my son with kindness and respect, and immediately provided us with a "plan" to manage my son's current medical issue. Along with the plan, came Dr. Daum's cell phone number and his commitment to speak to me every morning at 7:30 am to find out how the previous day and night were, and to tweak the plan for the coming day. We have been battling medical issues of all types in my son's 24 years of life, and such dedication and commitment is extremely hard to come by. I am extremely grateful to have found such a committed physician who cares so much and seems to "get" what a special needs parent has to contend with daily.

August 29th, 2016
Dr. Daum is a life-saver.
He healed my 5 year son my Encopresis. We had tried absolutely everything under the sun to potty train him with NO success. Under Dr. Daum's care, he was fully potty trained in a week. We were amazed. Life's good, now! Thank you Dr. Daum!

August 23rd, 2016
Incredible work by Dr Daum
Dr Daum has helped us in 4 days solve a problem we have been working on with many medical professionals for over 4 years. My daughter is 7 ½ and was not potty trained. Every day it was a battle to get her to go to the bathroom for anything. She got to the point of only going once a day. Yes, once a day. Her little body struggled so much – she couldn’t sit still, she was always in some pain, she didn’t do well in school, she wasn’t making lasting friends, she fought against what her body was telling her. It was so hard to watch and help her when she was always ultimately in control. Yes we gave her large amounts of Miralax and she still was able to hold. The professionals characterized it as behavioral and a phobia. The approach was of course to modify her behavior and help her psychologically understand what she needs to do. This approach was very slow moving. She had terrible accidents and just hid everything. Then we found Dr Daum. His approach was straight forward. He helped us through the day before preparations, he talked to us each night until she got it and he has followed up for new direction as the beginning of school is fast approaching. No other doctor was there to really talk you through each side turn you may take. Our daughter was smart enough to find ways to hide all of this from teachers, parents, and her friends. No child should have to do that. Dr Daum is so kind and helpful. He is very talented and smart. He has personal experience in this area too. I cannot say enough good words about this Dr. and his program. I highly recommend him.

August 22nd, 2016
Adult who survived childhood illness 100% because of Dr Fred Daum
In 1984, I was in terrible shape. I was so sick with ulcerative colitis, I could not live outside of the hospital. Dr Daum saved my life. He took me under his care and taught me how to live with my illness. I owe everything to him. I'm 48 years old with a thriving business, husband and 9 year old daughter. He is exceptional

August 15th, 2016
Excellence!
It's nice to find a doctor that listens to you and respects you as a mother and listens to your intstincts. Spent plenty of time with us and really got to know my son and what his issues actually are. We are so greatful!

August 10th, 2016
Finally a Doctor who understands and can manage encopresis
We had been to 2 pediatric gastroenterologists. The first had no real understanding of encopresis and how to treat it, the second was more experienced but not compared to Dr. Daum. We finally felt like my daughter was in the care of someone who knew how to help us and gain control over it.