Fredric Meyer Is this you?

Have you seen Fredric Meyer?

Parkinson’s Disease

Parkinson’s Disease

Get the facts about Parkinson’s disease, including symptoms and how the disease progresses over time.

Have you seen Fredric Meyer?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2017

The standard questionnaire is lacking integrity.

Dr Meyer operated on my husband for Trigeminal Neuralgia condition, he is an excellent surgeon and a great man. We came to Mayo Clinic from Georgia just to have Dr. Meyer do the operation. Questions without Merritt: 1. Waiting time: Many time the waiting time for an excellent doctor is longer than 10 minutes because he takes his time with his patients, is that a good reason to reduce an excellent doctor's score? 2. Ease of Appointment: It should be obvious that it is more difficult to get an appointment with an excellent doctor than with one that isn't. 3. Promptness: This standard questions induce bad practice of medicine. Do you want your doctors to treat their patients with a stop watch just for the sake of getting good rating. 4. This is an oxymoron: First you are being asked if the doctor is prompt than you ask if the doctor spends enough time with you. I assumed that this practice of rating the doctors, based on stupid questions will receive more responses from the public. Patients should start thinking what is relevant and good for their medical care.

June 4th, 2017

I had been living with a fusiform brain aneurysm for at least a year (time of discovery) and consulted with several neurosurgeons in Los Angeles California. Not feeling comfortable with their prognosis’ and feeling as if I was just another run of the mill patient, I researched where I could receive the best possible surgical outcome; deciding to travel to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN to undergo a surgical procedure to eliminate the aneurysm by STA MCA Bypass, and I am so glad and fortunate that I did. Doctor Meyer and his surgical team including Paul Stuart, Nealey Cray and DR Puffer were incredible and their professionalism was far beyond expectation. Doctor Frederick B Meyer performed what was described as a very complex and difficult surgical procedure that “only about five doctors in the US could have pulled off”. Thank God that I decided to see Doctor Meyer. He is unbelievably professional, compassionate and in my opinion the best neurosurgeon in the world!! Three weeks out of surgery, I am doing great and looking forward to a life free of the aneurysm thanks to Doctor Meyer. Also, it is noteworthy to mention that the entire staff of the Mayo Clinic was also beyond expectation, as everyone was attentive, professional and accommodating to my needs and post op hospital recovery.

May 13th, 2017

Dr. Meyer is honestly my Hero!

He is the best neurosurgeon in the world! Without a doubt. Not only that but he is a kind, positive, honest, sympathetic and incredible person who gave me faith and whom I trusted. I'm so grateful that I had him as my doctor at Mayo Clinic. I am 32 and had pylocitic astrocytoma a few yrs ago, and am epileptic. I live in Chicago and had met many top neurosurgeons here at the hospitals but was very disappointed with the outcome and almost lost hope. For my second surgery, I went to Mayo Clinic for the first time and he saved me. Each patient gets an entire team at Mayo, and every single one of the nurses and radiologists and neurologists who were there are just warm and real and so helpful. Im so thankful and get teary eyed every time I think about it all. I highly recommend Dr. Meyer to anyone who is looking for an amazing doctor and person such as him.

October 14th, 2015

This man saved and extended my life beyond measure!

In 2004, Dr. Meyer removed a brain tumor from my head, and he woke me up during surgery to do it. I was supposed to not remember it, but I remember a lot of it and he was amazing with me both in the OR when I was begging to be knocked out, during my seziere on the OR table, showing me my jellyfish looking tumor, asking me where I felt him touching my brain in accordance to my limbs, fingers, face, etc. He is a Superior Surgeon. He removed a 2nd tumor in 2009 which was more cancerous, but thanks to Dr. Meyer and his team, I am still here 11 years later able to remember our conversation during brain surgery. Support Brain Cancer Research. Thank you, amazingly humble, God blessed and very gifted, Fred Meyer!

March 26th, 2015

Review

The best neurosurgeon in the world. Truly remarkable. Humble and kind to boot. The world is lucky to have such a skilled surgeon.

December 1st, 2012

I recently had a pituitary tumor removed by Dr. Meyer at the Mayo Clinic, and couldn't be more pleased with the whole process of both Dr. Meyer, and the Mayo clinic. I highly recommend him!

June 27th, 2012

Brain Tumor

My wife had a LARGE tumor at or on her pituitary gland. Chances of successful removal were very low. Complete blindness, stroke & coma were high on the list. Dr Meyer said that he would consider the 6six hour operation (not including prep time) a 100% success if she were able to walk out of the hospital under her own power and have sight. She did in fact walk out five days after surgery and her eyesight has been improving since. The professionalism and care of both Dr Meyer, his staff and all people involved in the Mayo System has been incredible. Five star rating for them all but most especially for Dr Meyer who did the actual cutting we give a few extra points! Thanks to you all!!!!

February 23rd, 2012

Pitiuatory Surgery

Dr. Meyer is such a skilled surgeon. He makes his patients feel very at ease and has a kind and caring bedside manner.I am from Canada - and was very impressed with the Mayo and Dr. Meyer. We should be so lucky to have a wonderful hospital like this in Canada.

August 12th, 2017