Dr. Fredric Meyer MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Rochester, MN

May 13th, 2017
Dr. Meyer is honestly my Hero!
He is the best neurosurgeon in the world! Without a doubt. Not only that but he is a kind, positive, honest, sympathetic and incredible person who gave me faith and whom I trusted. I'm so grateful that I had him as my doctor at Mayo Clinic. I am 32 and had pylocitic astrocytoma a few yrs ago, and am epileptic. I live in Chicago and had met many top neurosurgeons here at the hospitals but was very disappointed with the outcome and almost lost hope. For my second surgery, I went to Mayo Clinic for the first time and he saved me. Each patient gets an entire team at Mayo, and every single one of the nurses and radiologists and neurologists who were there are just warm and real and so helpful. Im so thankful and get teary eyed every time I think about it all. I highly recommend Dr. Meyer to anyone who is looking for an amazing doctor and person such as him.

October 14th, 2015
This man saved and extended my life beyond measure!
In 2004, Dr. Meyer removed a brain tumor from my head, and he woke me up during surgery to do it. I was supposed to not remember it, but I remember a lot of it and he was amazing with me both in the OR when I was begging to be knocked out, during my seziere on the OR table, showing me my jellyfish looking tumor, asking me where I felt him touching my brain in accordance to my limbs, fingers, face, etc. He is a Superior Surgeon. He removed a 2nd tumor in 2009 which was more cancerous, but thanks to Dr. Meyer and his team, I am still here 11 years later able to remember our conversation during brain surgery. Support Brain Cancer Research. Thank you, amazingly humble, God blessed and very gifted, Fred Meyer!

March 26th, 2015
Review
The best neurosurgeon in the world. Truly remarkable. Humble and kind to boot. The world is lucky to have such a skilled surgeon.

November 30th, 2012
I recently had a pituitary tumor removed by Dr. Meyer at the Mayo Clinic, and couldn't be more pleased with the whole process of both Dr. Meyer, and the Mayo clinic. I highly recommend him!

June 27th, 2012
Brain Tumor
My wife had a LARGE tumor at or on her pituitary gland. Chances of successful removal were very low. Complete blindness, stroke & coma were high on the list. Dr Meyer said that he would consider the 6six hour operation (not including prep time) a 100% success if she were able to walk out of the hospital under her own power and have sight. She did in fact walk out five days after surgery and her eyesight has been improving since. The professionalism and care of both Dr Meyer, his staff and all people involved in the Mayo System has been incredible. Five star rating for them all but most especially for Dr Meyer who did the actual cutting we give a few extra points! Thanks to you all!!!!

February 22nd, 2012
Pitiuatory Surgery
Dr. Meyer is such a skilled surgeon. He makes his patients feel very at ease and has a kind and caring bedside manner.I am from Canada - and was very impressed with the Mayo and Dr. Meyer. We should be so lucky to have a wonderful hospital like this in Canada.