Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

16311 Ventura Blvd
Ste 1175
Encino, CA 91436
818-501-4277
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  Airplane ticket was of primary importance  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2014

I was scheduled for a colonoscopy of 4/11/2014 with Dr Weiss. His office told me to be there no later than 7AM. In the end,I waited 7 hours until I was called for the procedure. At no time,did Dr Weiss even say hello or introduce himself to me or tell me what he was going to do. The first visit, I met with a Nurse Practitioner not a doctor. I waited almost 2 hours for this. After he finished the procedure,he left to get to LAX by 3PM. He was worried about this trip through the whole procedure according to the nurse. The anesthesiologist rushed with the general anesthesia and ignored my report that I have a very small throat area and have problems with anesthesia. I was nauseous for 2 days after the procedure. I was assigned to his other office with Dr Suchov but I was supposed to see Dr. Weiss at 201 S Alvarado St.

|  referral  |  show details
by John A on Jun 5th, 2013

Dr. Weiss is great -- very personable, listens, and gives great care and advice. I recommend him.

Mar 23rd, 2013

Very professional experience. Good care

|  Would not go back  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

Doctor overcharged. Did not give time needed. I would NEVER return to this doctor.

|  Shocked at the bookkeeper's behavior  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

I went in to my first (and only) visit to Dr. Weiss and was prompted to fill out the standard forms. However, this one asked for my full credit card info. When I asked the receptionist if this was necessary, the bookkeeper introduced herself and insisted that it was required but that she would never, under any circumstances, charge my card without my express consent. I decided to put my debit card on file.I was then asked to pay my $40 dollar copay. No problem. However, I realized my checking account was low, and so I asked the receptionist if she could charge $20 to my card and take the rest in cash. She assured me this was fine. Next thing I know, she had accidentally charged the full $40 to my account. She was very nice and said she would refund it right away. Again, no problem.Then the bookkeeper stepped in again and firmly told me "We don't do refunds." When I explained what had happened, she said, "Well it costs us 3% to do a refund so we can't do it" (3% of $20 is a whopping 60 cents). I explained to her again (nicely) that the receptionist had made a mistake and that I did not agree to have my card charged $40, nor did could I afford to.She replied, "Well why not? Can't pay your bill at the end of the month?" I told her it was a debit card and that I would be charged an overdraft due to insufficient funds. Again, a smart answer from her. "Well obviously you have the money because it went through." Apparently she doesn't know how overdrafts work.I told her I hated to be a pain, but I really needed her to refund 20 of the 40 dollars she charged me. This time she said, "Well why don't you just go to the bank later and deposit more money? We don't do refunds." She flat-out refused to correct the mistake her office staff had made because she didn't want to have to worry about 60 cents.Then she had the nerve to tell me that the receptionist "never makes mistakes" and that the only explanation is that I must have been making her nervous! I'm the nicest, most mild-mannered person you'll ever meet.The doctor visit was brief, but he seemed like a decent guy. I haven't really formed much of an opinion of him either way. However, I will not be back to see him again. The whole issue wasn't THAT big of a deal, but the bookkeeper's attitude and rudeness was shocking and off-putting enough to me that I don't think I can trust them. After reading other reviews, I'm tempted to go back in there and insist they tear up my credit card info in front of me.

|  Dr. Ego  |  show details
May 3rd, 2011

Waited an hour for a quick 2 minute exam. Was rushed out so Doctor could play tennis. Was misdiagnosed too. Doctors wife charged my credit card without my consent, then did not send me invoice; which I called 3 times to request.

|  Gross  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Would not stop looking at my breats. I did get a medical marijuana license easy, but they were never there to confirm me when I went to stores. Pushed his kids stores on me. A jerk,, waste of money! Get your prescriptions from someone who answers the phone.

May 25th, 2010

Arrogant, dresses like a hip kid. Waited 30 minutes to see doctor. Asked if I wanted a prescription for medical marijuana! The only reason I saw this jerk is to seek medical care for my ulcer, and he was only doctor available on short notice. Now I know why. How is he still in business?

|  Ugh  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2009

Dr. Weiss is a nice man, but his lack of office personell has him overwhelmed. Additionally, he charged my credit card for the visit, and I guess he set it up as a recurring charge, because even though I have only seen him once, I have been charged on my credit card 3 months in a row. He is scattered and a little too laid back for my taste.

Nov 24th, 2008

Dr. Weiss is relaxed and friendly. His office staff is helpful and they act as facilitators, not as guard dogs, as is the case in some doctors' offices.