Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent surgeon with terrible bedside manner show details Excellent surgeon with terrible bedside manner
by Becky RN on Jul 19th, 2015

Dr Junn is an excellent surgeon. He was able to preform a surgery that all the neurosurgeons at DMC said was impossible. However after the surgery I very rarely saw him except when he came into degrade me for being the weakest female pt he has ever had. As I am an RN I reminded him that pain is not what he thinks it should be but per JACHO who is the accrediting body for the hospital pain is the fifth vital sign and he can not tell me less than 24 hours after cutting into my brain how much pain I should or should not be in. I also reminded him I know how billing works and moving me out of the ICU once my insurance and I (copay) has already paid for the day is inappropriate. I never saw him again the rest of my hospitalization just his residents. However what must be remembered when choosing a surgeon is personality is secondary to skill. He may have terrible bedside manor (most surgeons do - it's the GOD complex we nurses know all to well) but he truly has skill. While having both a kind caring physician and a highly skilled physician is optimal. If I have to choose one its skill every time. For kindness I'd be more particular with my primary care physician as he is still in control when your hospitalized and can mediate between a rude non-personal consulting physician and the patient.

Jun 19th, 2015

I would never go to him again he would not do surgery on me with having me do 4 epurial shots. The shots made me worse. I went to another dr had 2 rods and 6 screws put in.

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
May 12th, 2015

This guy did a fusion on me and I only saw residents after surgery. I am still in pain and when I saw him (I needed to threaten to sue to get an appointment). he waslked out of the room in 2 minutes. He only cares about money and will not take care of you after surgery. In the waiting area there were people in wheelchairs thanks to him

go somewhere else show details go somewhere else
Mar 23rd, 2015

I was not impressed with Dr. Junn or with Oakwood. His accent is hard to understand. He never explained the procedure he did and everything he put in needed to be removed due to a bad infection. The residents there do the surgery which is why the infection rate is so high. Would go to a good surgeon who doesn't rely on residents to do his work.

Top notch surgent & staff!! show details Top notch surgent & staff!!
by Jennifer R on Mar 5th, 2015

Dr Junn has changed my life. I'd be decades without him!

Money hungry, uncaring, self absorbed show details Money hungry, uncaring, self absorbed
Sep 9th, 2013

Dr. Junn was assigned to me at Oakwood Hospital. Last week I was sent in for a MRI with the suspicion of MS. I have not been able to feel my left arm for a month. At my MRI appt two drs came out and asked to speak to me and my husband privately. There was a tumor on my brain and they sent me straight to the ER. After spending two days undergoing MRIs Cat scans and a MRA in the ER at Garden City I was transported by ambulance to have surgery at Oakwood in Dearborn. Dr Junn was my attending physician. The team of Dr's at Garden City said this is an emergency and you need surgery now. Dr Junn told me that I had no insurance and that he wasnt going to perform surgery. The nurse who was in charge at the time had also seen my chart and witnessed herself first hand how rapidly I was deteriorating and put me in a room against his orders. Dr. Junn came into the room and started questioning me about how I was able to remain in the hospital without insurance. He then proceeded to track down another nurse and question her infront of me in my room. My husband went to a supervisor and complained and the hospital decided that indeed i did need surgery. My tumor was bigger than a gold ball and pushing on the main artery that supplies the brain with blood. At this point I could not even stand up on my own. I have two children under 4 years old I am fighting to be there for my kids. Once the hospital decided that I needed the surgery it was scheduled. Dr Junn did not come into the hospital that day, nor would I want him doing brain surgery on me at this point anyways. He is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen or even heard of. I cant even give him one star but I couldnt post this review without a star. He told me that because I didnt have insurance that he couldnt help me and that me not being able to walk and my newly developed stutter and the seizure that I had my last night in the hospital was the direct result of a mental condition and that I should be evaluated by a shrink. If any one would like to see the pictures of the giant tumor in my brain feel free to email me.

DR. JUNN IS A HORRIBLE DOCTOR show details DR. JUNN IS A HORRIBLE DOCTOR
Aug 13th, 2012

i HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH BACK PAIN FOR YEARS, i'VE HAD sCIATICA FOR MANY YEARS WITH NO PAIN RELIEF.. i WAS ADMITED TO THE HOSPITAL ON 8/11/12 dR. jUNN CAME IN THE NEXT AFTERNOON. hE LOOKED AT MY XRAYS,cT SCAN, AND mri RESULTS AND TOLD ME i HAVE A CURVED SPINE, A COUPLE SLIPPED DISKS,aRTHRITIS IN MY SPINE, SPURS AND SAID IT WAS DUE TO AGEING ??? i HAD JUST TURNED 49 A FEW DAYS AGO ! dR. jUNN RELEASED ME FROM THE HOSPITAL STATING "i cant do anything for you" So he told me to buy a bottle of off the shelf motrin... After i had told him that iv'e taken so much motrin, im bleeding... HE's A JOKE. Horrible doctor, a suffering patients nightemare.. "STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR" this has been my experience with DR. FREDRICK JUNN

Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Junn has a true passion for what he does. He is careing, compassionate, a kind gentle doctor. I appreciate his honesty. Dr. Junn came highly recommended for his level of skill. Dr. Junn by far is the best neurosurgeon in Michigan. I trust him with my life. Thank you for saving my life.

Trust show details Trust
Jun 19th, 2011

From start to finish, Dr Junn is very caring. He did exactly what he said & without problems. He gave me a new life. He's honest; never says he can do some magical surgery when it wasn't possible. I trust him because he was honest. And I can barely see the scar! I can move freely with no more pain :-)

Excellent gentle surgeon show details Excellent gentle surgeon
Mar 23rd, 2011

Very experienced doctor

Best neurosurgeon in the region show details Best neurosurgeon in the region
Jan 24th, 2011

i used to live in Ohio and moved to Michigan last year. i've been having chronic back pain for years. My primary care physician did some research and recommended to see Dr Junn when i came to Michigan. He is the best neurosurgeon who just wont perform surgery on everyone, like other neurosurgeons will.He is very experienced and if the outcome is not favorable, he will not operate. However he performed surgery on my back and it turned out amazing. i can walk without pain now.

Very Experienced Surgeon show details Very Experienced Surgeon
Dec 20th, 2010

Dr Junn has pleasant bedside manners and an excellent surgoen. He solved my back pain problem that ive had for years. I trust him with my life.