Neurological Surgeon, Surgeon

18181 Oakwood Blvd
Ste 403
Dearborn, MI 48124
313-982-5290
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Money hungry, uncaring, self absorbed  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2013

Dr. Junn was assigned to me at Oakwood Hospital. Last week I was sent in for a MRI with the suspicion of MS. I have not been able to feel my left arm for a month. At my MRI appt two drs came out and asked to speak to me and my husband privately. There was a tumor on my brain and they sent me straight to the ER. After spending two days undergoing MRIs Cat scans and a MRA in the ER at Garden City I was transported by ambulance to have surgery at Oakwood in Dearborn. Dr Junn was my attending physician. The team of Dr's at Garden City said this is an emergency and you need surgery now. Dr Junn told me that I had no insurance and that he wasnt going to perform surgery. The nurse who was in charge at the time had also seen my chart and witnessed herself first hand how rapidly I was deteriorating and put me in a room against his orders. Dr. Junn came into the room and started questioning me about how I was able to remain in the hospital without insurance. He then proceeded to track down another nurse and question her infront of me in my room. My husband went to a supervisor and complained and the hospital decided that indeed i did need surgery. My tumor was bigger than a gold ball and pushing on the main artery that supplies the brain with blood. At this point I could not even stand up on my own. I have two children under 4 years old I am fighting to be there for my kids. Once the hospital decided that I needed the surgery it was scheduled. Dr Junn did not come into the hospital that day, nor would I want him doing brain surgery on me at this point anyways. He is by far the worst doctor I have ever seen or even heard of. I cant even give him one star but I couldnt post this review without a star. He told me that because I didnt have insurance that he couldnt help me and that me not being able to walk and my newly developed stutter and the seizure that I had my last night in the hospital was the direct result of a mental condition and that I should be evaluated by a shrink. If any one would like to see the pictures of the giant tumor in my brain feel free to email me.

|  DR. JUNN IS A HORRIBLE DOCTOR  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

i HAVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH BACK PAIN FOR YEARS, i'VE HAD sCIATICA FOR MANY YEARS WITH NO PAIN RELIEF.. i WAS ADMITED TO THE HOSPITAL ON 8/11/12 dR. jUNN CAME IN THE NEXT AFTERNOON. hE LOOKED AT MY XRAYS,cT SCAN, AND mri RESULTS AND TOLD ME i HAVE A CURVED SPINE, A COUPLE SLIPPED DISKS,aRTHRITIS IN MY SPINE, SPURS AND SAID IT WAS DUE TO AGEING ??? i HAD JUST TURNED 49 A FEW DAYS AGO ! dR. jUNN RELEASED ME FROM THE HOSPITAL STATING "i cant do anything for you" So he told me to buy a bottle of off the shelf motrin... After i had told him that iv'e taken so much motrin, im bleeding... HE's A JOKE. Horrible doctor, a suffering patients nightemare.. "STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR" this has been my experience with DR. FREDRICK JUNN

|  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

Dr. Junn has a true passion for what he does. He is careing, compassionate, a kind gentle doctor. I appreciate his honesty. Dr. Junn came highly recommended for his level of skill. Dr. Junn by far is the best neurosurgeon in Michigan. I trust him with my life. Thank you for saving my life.

|  Trust  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

From start to finish, Dr Junn is very caring. He did exactly what he said & without problems. He gave me a new life. He's honest; never says he can do some magical surgery when it wasn't possible. I trust him because he was honest. And I can barely see the scar! I can move freely with no more pain :-)

|  Excellent gentle surgeon  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2011

Very experienced doctor

|  Best neurosurgeon in the region  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2011

i used to live in Ohio and moved to Michigan last year. i've been having chronic back pain for years. My primary care physician did some research and recommended to see Dr Junn when i came to Michigan. He is the best neurosurgeon who just wont perform surgery on everyone, like other neurosurgeons will.He is very experienced and if the outcome is not favorable, he will not operate. However he performed surgery on my back and it turned out amazing. i can walk without pain now.

|  Very Experienced Surgeon  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

Dr Junn has pleasant bedside manners and an excellent surgoen. He solved my back pain problem that ive had for years. I trust him with my life.