Dr. Fritz Barton Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Dallas, TX

May 1st, 2017
DDS
Dr Barton is the absolute best! I would not go to another doctor. He is outstanding!

October 24th, 2016
Dr Barton is the best!

May 18th, 2012
Now my face matches my energy level -- neither of which is anywhere near 58 years old
I had planned on using Dr. Barton for about 9 years, since I had a tummy tuck with another surgeon who happens to be in his group. The other surgeon was very skilled but I think probably is more concerned with his students as individuals than his patients. Knowing I wouldn't want to use him for my facelift, I asked around and heard about Barton. When it came time to do it, I interviewed 2 other surgeons that were highly recommended by friends. Both were nice, but I decided I wanted to use Dr. Barton -- no matter what. Surprise, surprise -- the man I consider the best facelift surgeon in North Texas (probably in the top 5 or 10 in the U.S.) was no more expensive than the "also rans," and actually quite a bit LESS expensive than one of them, who uses a nurse anesthetist rather than an anesthesiologist for all surgeries. I could not be happier with the results; I had a full facelift -- more for turkey wattle and droopy eyelids than actual wrinkles. I had a couple of occasions of discomfort during the first few days, but no real pain. I gave myself a birthday party 20 days after surgery, using only a little concealer to cover up some faint vestiges of bruising. I even bought Dr. Barton's textbook because I wanted to try to understand what all he did -- at least through the photos. He uses what's called the High SMAS method, which he developed in the early 90s. From what I understand, he goes "deeper" than other methods, and his whole emphasis is on long-lasting, natural-looking results. With his method, there is no tension on the skin, so it looks more natural. After having every non-critical complication possible after my tummy tuck with the other doctor, it was wonderful to experience a truly smooth recovery. When I freaked out about some assymetry about 11 days after surgery, he told me to come in immediately so he could check it. After 3 seconds, he reassured me that what I was experiencing was completely normal. I kind of apologized for being paranoid, at which point he told me that I was not to hesitate AT ALL if I had any questions -- that he'd rather see me anytime than take a chance that something was amiss or just if I needed re-assurance. In short, he is not just an incredibly skilled surgeon who takes artistic pride in his work; he is a Very Nice Man, and those qualities don't always go together. If you're contemplating any kind of facial plastic surgery,you can do no better, in my opinion, than Fritz Barton, but don't wait a lot of years. I would imagine that he'll retire from surgery sometime in the next 5 years, perhaps to concentrate on teaching.

January 16th, 2010
The Face Doc
Dr. Barton was known to me from other women who've had full face lifts with him. I went in for a consultation on the same. He sat and talked to me almost casually. I asked questions. He made an immediate assessment, but continued to engaged me in conversation. As my face changed with personal expression, he modified his assessment to include problem areas that would need some tweaking. Clearly, he'd engaged me in the conversation to watch my face, see how I used my eyes and mouth to express myself and stated the modifications he felt would make the face lift the most advantageous before the consult turn into a surgery. I arrived impressed by his artistic expertise having seen it on 2 other women who I've know for over 30 years. But, more importantly, I left impressed by his assessment methods. He is the ONLY surgeon I'd allow to touch my face. The women I know who've employed him show incredible results and don't appear surgically enhanced, tight-faced or even exhibit the botox face of the Hollywood crowd.

October 6th, 2009
did not spent enough time, i did not get a chance to ask questions, but i still paid the consutation.