inactive

• Good
  • Bad

February 4th, 2012
Caring Dedicated Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Thigpen's for 31 years. He is the hardest working person I know. He goes above and beyond his required duty. He gives to his church and community. He contributes huge amounts of money and time to charity... especially hospice. He attends visitation or funerals of patients and has spoken at many funerals at the families' requests. You will never find a more caring and dedicated doctor. I may have to wait longer than anyone would want to wait but he spends alot of time with his patients, so I understand and actually appreciate that in him. He listens and does not rush in and out. He has neglected himself and his family for his practice and his patients. I will probably never find a more caring or knowledgeable doctor when and if he retires. Whiteville Medical Associates has had to fire some employees over the years and many spread vicious rumors and lies about him. They are just being vindictive and should not be listened too. Thank you Dr. Thigpen for your outstanding care throughout the years.

August 3rd, 2011
Dedicated doctor
Dr. Thigpen has been my doctor for 28 years. He is one of the most dedicated caring doctors I've been to or dealt with.He is always friendly and caring. He goes the extra mile and although I often have to wait a long time I don't mind because he spends time with me and listens. He isn't in a hurry. He works long hours and sacrifices for his patients. I don't know how I could ever find a doctor as good or caring.

July 13th, 2011
Wonderful Dr. Who Cares Views Patients as People vs. Numbers
Looking at Dr. Thigpen's rating reflects an average or below picture. One has only to become a patient in order to form a realistic opinion. For the past 20 years he has been first of all a professional who cares, then a friend who forms a personal relationship with his patients. Unlike some, Dr. Thigpen has remained a learner constantly studying the latest reseach and medical techniques. He remains humble and doesn't hesitate to get second opinions from specialist supporting his attitude of "not knowing everything". From personal experiences during conversations with doctors at Duke and Chapel Hill one only has to mention his name and he is either known or has a legacy. During one hospital stay, due to heart issues, a Dr. commented "If Ray Thigpen identified your problem we need to only treat you - he knows!" His greatest problem is a desire to meet the needs of all his patients! Yes I am one of the impatient people who wait in his office - yet unlike experiences with other doctors - always leave having confidence in what he says. Do I want to wait? No, but the alternative is to have a "timed visit" resulting in unanswered questions and being told "Make another appointment for any condition other than the one you are here for." He listens and addresses whatever issues his patients has. For those people who judge him based on previous nurses behavior shame on you. Such incidents occur in all medical facilities; hospitals, nursing homes, and offices - they are just not always made public by becoming headlines in a small town newspaper looking for news to sell papers. If interviewed most reporters in Whiteville reguard him as a leader who provides unknow services to support the community. He is indeed an unsung hero; one of few who cares enough to give of his time after office hours.I leave these comments with one last seed for thought: How many doctors do you know who would take time out of their schedule to conduct a funeral for a patient of twenty-five years? I know one - Dr. Ray Thigpen!

September 16th, 2010
This office serves a large community and Dr. Thigpen is a trusted physician whose office fills up quick. If you expect to be a "walk-in" you should also expect to wait your turn. However, when it is your turn, you are treated not only with medical acuity but also with the personal care one would expect to receive from a friend. I have nothing but the highest praise for Dr. Thigpen and his staff. Yes, I've been his patient for many many years and now worry that he's going to retire on us. Keep on Dr. Thigpen! You're amongst the last of the really good ones.

August 22nd, 2010
Thief in the thigpen... after forty years
After being my family doctor for forty years he cussed me and said don't come back. His nurse took my daughter's percoset pills and brought them back withanother substitued drug. She laughed and said that he would not even hear me. She stole the drugs we paid for. No wonder there are so many articles in the News Reporter about his office staff and him.They are all together in these drugs and it seems to me that SBI should look further. I went to the sheriff.

February 27th, 2017