Rheumatologist, Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  Patient  |  show details
by Pat B on Aug 1st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Ba for several years after poor results from another rhematologist. My life with RA has turned around under Dr. Bai's care. I highly recommend her!

|  Absolute Worst Dr Ever!  |  show details
by Maureen F on Sep 11th, 2013

I went to see dr Bai when my primary dr suspected that I had Giant Cell Arteritis. I had all the symptoms and bloodwork that pointed to that disease. Except, I was only 47. A disease which, if not treated I could have a stroke and go blind. She literally laughed at me and said my doctor didnt know anything, I was too young and there was no way I could have that, she said I only had Fibromylagia and just went on to tell me all about her medical credentials. I left in tears so scared that I may have the disease. Which I did, my present Rheumatologist is excellent and has successfully treated the Giant Cell Arteritis and is now treating me for RA, which again, Im a bit young for, but do have. Stay way from Dr Bai, shes a nightmare!

|  The worst Dr. I have ever met!  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2013

I agree with the majority of the reviews. Dr. Bai is very arrogant and has the worst bedside manners. She treated me as if I was ignorant and was very quick to diagnose me with fibromyalgia without even doing any proper testing or examination. I asked her what causes fibromyalgia and she said it comes from being tired. i told her I was tired from the pain I suffer with and I was there to see her for a consultation on my bone density test results and chronic pain. She told me she would see me next appt. to discuss the body pain and I told her I was there for that reason today. She seemed very upset and told me that I have an anxiety disorder and depression. I think that she is the one with the anxiety disorder and depression. She is very unprofessional and needs to go back to school for classes on bedside manners!

by Joanne H. on May 15th, 2013

Excellent office staff, but the doctor is condescending and can be quite rude. She didn't listen to me when I complained about serious side effects from the medications she prescribed . She told me they were all in my head and stop imagining things. 3 other doctors told me the meds prescribed were most likely to blame for these effects. She refused to even let me try any other meds --"this is what I prescribed and that's it!"

|  Avoid this Dr. at all costs  |  show details
by Stacey Silvers on Feb 25th, 2013

The doctor is rude. The office always says they don't have appointments, but when you tell them you will go elsewhere they suddenly have avaialblity. You wait at least 30 past your appointment time. Dr. Bai is rude. When I asked for samples she said no I don't have any too bad! Then claimed she never got my bloodwork after waiting 2 months. Quest was able to confirm they sent my bloodwork! The office staff told me it's not their responsiblity to keep up with bloodwork and results. When I pointed out I had called over a week ago and nothing was done, and nobody followed up with me I was told they weren't going to arugue with me and everything was my responsibility. They constantly screw up billing and I would not go back if she was the last RH doctor on the planet (it's better to suffer in pain)! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

|  Glad I did not Listen to the bad reviews  |  show details
by Wayne R on Jan 24th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Bai by my family physician.The staff was friendly and helpful.The wait was a bit longer than I would have preferred,but not too bad.I found Dr. Bai to be caring and knowledgeable.She listened patiently as my wife and I recounted my extensive medical history sometimes talking over one another as the Dr. transcribed the information.She asked a few questions for further clarification and accurately diagnosed my condition.She did not order any uneeded tests,instead using the test results I brought in.She made suggestions and set a follow up visit.She even offered,(before I could ask),if there were any forms she wanted me to fill out for work restrictions.This was particularly helpful in that most doctors I have seen want nothing to do with medical forms.This was a very positive visit and I would highly reccomend Dr Bai to all.And thank God I did not cancel the appointment after reading the various negative reviews as I almost did.This was a very different and caring Dr. than described in some of those other reviews.

|  I found her very caring and knowledgable  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

Passionate, caring for my rheumatoid and scleroderma. I went to her both offices. She has excellent accessibility and she always calls back and coordinates care with my other doctors.

Oct 24th, 2012

Great caring Dr. She knows her stuff. Highly recommend.

|  Should Have Read The Poor Reviews And Saved My Money  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

Dr. Bai was not rude, but she is inexperienced and does not follow up even in situations that could be life threatening. Individuals go to doctors to help with illnesses and insurance companies pay these inexperienced doctors even when the patients are not being treated properly. My primary care physician apologized for referring me to her and advised that their practice would not send anyone else to Dr. Bai. I was referred to an excellent Rhuematologist in New York and they advised that Dr. Bai did not even perform standard tests that Rheumatologist should perform. They advised that an MD can lose their license and be fined as it can be looked at as insurance fraud. I will let Dr. Bai continue to commit fraud with someone else's insurance, but I am glad I have other doctors who have experience and education. My condition is getting better. I am thankful Dr. Bai was so bad because I can just imagine her treatment method. Her receptionist was very nice at least.

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

Newly diagnosed RA, luckily located her locally, much more caring than my first Rheumatologist in Plainfield region. Will definitely reccmmend. I'm a nurse, I choose her after reading all the reviews

|  Careless and Uncaring  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Dr. Bai is not a particularly caring doctor and her approach strikes me as a "cookie cutter" method where she makes a quick diagnosis, already knows what she prescribes for all such cases, and pretty much pushes you off. She completely misdiagnosed me with fibromyalgia, leading to two months of pain and the wrong medication. Fortunately my physical rehabilitation doctor saw the mistake and redirected me to better care. Try Dr. Aly Cohen instead.

|  Unprofessional and Rude  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2012

As my prescription was nearly over, I called her office for an renewal. She insisted on a new checkup despite what she told me in the past. So I made an appointment for a bone density scan. When I arrive at her office, her staff took a long time to find my records. There was confusion with my records and referred to my information 3 years ago. After a while they did find my most recent records but there is just a sense of confusion in the office.When I finally met Dr. Bai, she told me she sold her bone scanning machine and will not renew the prescription. Her tone of voice was far from rude and her conduct unprofessional. If you know ahead of time that you do not have the equipment to do the test etc, why waste my day to drive to her office just to tell me that she will not renew my prescription?

|  a great findA  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Treating my lupus and Sjogren's syndrome. A very caring doctor in my opinion. I have a strong family history and she addresses it adequately but no excessively. She has a systemic approach. Love to work with her to take care of my self.

|  Worst Quack I Ever Saw. Rude. Abrasive. Abusive. Ignorant.  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2012

Go to Dr. Richard Brodman in No. Plainfield. He is great. This woman is the absolute worst doctor I have ever seen. She had me on MTX for RA, which causes nausea (it is a chemo drug-duh) and when I asked her for something for the nausea/vomiting she told her staff to tell me to take Pepcid. Its almost like she has you diagnosed, examined and treated before you even enter the room. I, too, had blood tests from my GP, who sent me to her, and she disputed them. She thinks she is an amateur psychologist, too, telling me I have a "truth-seeking personality", as if it was a bad thing, then she advised me to just 'relax'.She never even physically examined me. She never touched me, literally.She cannot endure a patient asking questions, or wanting things explained or being interested in their own care or treatment. She has signs posted all over about not putting up with rude behavior by patients, but she is incredibly rude, abrasive, aggressive, coarse, offensive and unaproachable. The best thing I ever did was FIRE this doctor. Don't forget who the customer is...YOU! Brodman is No. Plainfield is a zillion times better than this woman.

Feb 23rd, 2012

She feels she is the only person that knows anything. Terrible person. Arrogant and will not answer questions. You must take her word for everything. She should be reported to the AMA for malpractice. Treating me for a disease that I don't have. Absolutely the worse "Doctor" I have ever seen.

Nov 2nd, 2011

I went to this Dr. with my partner. The whole time he was going to see her she never physically examined him. We went to a new rheumatologist. The first thing he did was to give a complete physical examination. She spends very little time with you and is a bit arrogant.

Nov 1st, 2011

Very caring doctor for my father, who has polymyalgia rheumatica, a vasculitis. We were referred by our family doctor and I ended up referring myself to her for my osteoporosis. She is young, energetic with most current knowledge in her field and yet, caring and sweet. She made a couple of follow up phone calls with other physicians to coordinate my father's care. I give her a five star rating. My family will definitely continue to see her as our stable rheumatologist.

|  PLEASE BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR..PLEASEDO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR...PLEASE  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2011

My husband and I went to her the office staff is wonderful.We went into the office and she grabbed the bloodwork out of my hand and because I was referred to her due to my ANA being positive..she began with "You don't have Lupus, do you know the people I see in the emergency room with Lupus..they're on deaths bed", mind you, noone mentioned Lupus at all, we never said a word.Then she got up annonyed, and compared to me, she is a big woman, she started aggessively manipulating my body, pushing and prodding and said you have fibromyalgia, gave me muscle relaxants and told me that my chest pain symptom was all in my head,(but diagnosed me with fibromyalgia in which chest pain is a symptom)and told me to go back to my regular doctor.I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE BEEN TO A WORSE DOCTOR..I AGREE WITH THE OTHER COMMENT, MAYBE THAT'S WHY ALL THE OTHER RHUEMOTOLOGIST COULDN'T SEE ME FOR A MONTH OUT, I CALLED HER OFFICE, I WAS IN THERE THE NEXT DAY..I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN..I do believe however,there is really something wrong with her mentally,and it is unfortunate because patients seeking accurate,courteous,professional medical expertise are being exposed to her own mental illness

|  The woman abused the insurance system  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

She didn't care about me at all. she spent 5 minutes on me and told me I was fine, then she claimed from insurance company for $500, the highest level consultation fee.

Jun 16th, 2011

very caring doctor. I went thru denial, anger and she was addressing it with me and my husband. I found some of the reviews here not very accurate. she doesn't treat fibromyalgia or self referred patients at all. There is a sign on the door and window. She coordinates care with all referring doctors therefore she would not accept anyone who walks into the door on her own without family doctor's recommendation.

May 29th, 2011

i found dr bai to be a very good doctor with a good bedside manner

|  The worst doctor I have ever seen  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2011

This woman was just awful , she should not be practicing medicine . All she did was poke me and say I have fibromyalgia . She was very insulting and condesending . She poo pooed even my lab results . Warning sign should be posted on her door !!!!!! She shows no compassion what so ever and insults other doctors and their advice . I can't believe she has any patients at all .Hmmm maybe that's why it''s so easy to get an appointment ??????

|  Stay away from this doctor  |  show details
by very unhappy patient on Mar 2nd, 2011

Uncaring, non-professional, condescending,will not listen to patient, knows it all and will gladly medicate you according to what she says you have, while never really giving you a direct diagnosis, borderline to many illness but can't pinpoint to one, was her diagnosis for me. treated fybromyalgia with muscle relaxants, while never giving me a diagnosis as to why my antibodies was high. Awful bedside manner and very arrogant.

|  not worth it. rude as well!  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

didn't take the time to listen. hit me in my chest area and stated I had fibromyalgia and told me to go home. I have had a long time history of back problems going back to the age of 14 with Mis-dia of MS as well, and she claims I and those other DR.'s don't know what we're speaking of and I shouldn't have pain from fibromyalgia, or any prior back problems. I think she's has something really wrong with her. she gives off, as if she is god and greater then all the rest of the Dr.s out there. I think she's over paid by the state to lie to people and mis-dia them.

|  My experience  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2009

The doctor is not worth it. The staff is excellent. Very courteous.