Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist
Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu. CitySearch.
Feb 13th, 2015

He is an outstanding doctor as well as a great human being. Has a passion and skills

Good Doctor and Good Man show details Good Doctor and Good Man
by Warren on Jan 15th, 2015

I am a physician myself, and I know after many years of practice that Dr. Turfah is the most thorough surgeon and conscientious man that I have dealt with in almost 4 decades of referring patients. Rarely does a surgeon participate in the care of a patient after the procedure is done. They leave the clean up work to the primary care doctor. This is uniquely not the case with Fuad Turfah who rounds daily and is totally involved in post operative care. Believe me when I tell you this is rare as many surgeons feel they have no responsibility once the final stitches have been placed. I have often felt abandoned by a surgeon when a post operative patient became very ill. This NEVER happens with the doctor. You are in very, very good hands with this man. I would unhesitatingly send any family member to him for surgery.

Amazing Doctor!! show details Amazing Doctor!!
by Wassim on Jun 8th, 2013

Dr. Turfah came highly recommended and saved my mothers life!!! Even when her mammogram came back clean something was still not right, He diagnosed my mother with a malignant type of breast cancer and the Biopsy showed the same diagnosis. Without Dr. Turfah my mother would only have months to live. He is your first, second, and third opinion.

Dr Fuad saved my life show details Dr Fuad saved my life
Jan 21st, 2013

Dr Fuad Turfah saved my life and I am thankful to God and to him for giving me a second chance. I had severe pain in my lower right abdomen and was taken to the emergency room. The doctors on duty were not helpful at all, one of them suspected that my appendix was inflamed, however he did little to follow it up. The second doctor on duty suspected other things. In a nutshell many hours were wasted with ultrasounds and unnecessary tests that provided little information about my condition. My fever had gone up considerably, my heart rate was very high and my blood pressure was low... so basically I was in a very bad shape. Dr Fuad was fast to take action and quickly decided to perform surgery at 4 in the morning. He found that my appendix had ruptured and helped me to cure within a few days. I believe that I would have died in the emergency room if Dr Fuad was not there to take immediate action. God bless Dr Fuad Turfah and grant him happiness and success. I cannot thank him enough.

Life saver and excellent post-care show details Life saver and excellent post-care
Aug 17th, 2012

Dr Turfah first heard about my deteriorating situation while already busily in a 4.5 hr surgery. My out of town OBGYN talked to him over a cell phone, held by a nurse, while he operated, asking him to please come look at me. Once done that that surgery, tired and sweaty in his blues, Dr Turfah came to my room, looked inside my infected incision, and told me he'd see me again in 1 1/2 hrs. It was 5 pm, and there were no nurses available to him on such short notice. After the on-call anesthesiologist arrived and asked me the standard questions, Dr Turfah wheeled me around the pre-op himself, and soon after was rinsing my intestines out on a table, all by himself. Thanks to the first surgery's student going to deep with the retractors, and therefore grabbing connective tissue, and pulling a hole in my small intestine, I was placed in the care of the very student who screwed up and wouldn't admit it, as my OBGYN had to run to his father in law's surgery across the state. My weekend routine surgery stay ended up becoming a 27 day ordeal, and Dr Turfah and staff valiently nursed me through it. Dr Turfah isn't a man of many words, and I'd pick on him about it during every morning followup -- much to the enjoyment of the students accompanying him :). My favorite moment was when his rounds were early one morning, due to a scheduled surgery, and he simply stood there quietly and waited for me to wake up. At my 6 week followup at his office, there was a tear in his eye, as he told me I almost didn't make it. His name in Arabic translates to Heart Masterpiece, and that he truly is. I couldn't have been placed in better care. On top of all this, he has a beautiful, intelligent wife and 3 wonderful children who I got to read about in a newspaper feature article. It's people like these that make me proud to live in the US and be able to have the best from around the world available to treat me.

Garbage!! show details Garbage!!
Jun 19th, 2012

Terrible Doctor, do not go to him! Relative had operation from him and he let them go home too soon and they had to be brought back because of complications because of him not monitoring their progression after the operation,and had to be brought back for readmitance a day and a half later which should have actually been the day after. they have now entered their third week in there now and still he does not have a clue what to do or what is going on and will not go to someone who may know the answer! He is clueless!!And forget calling the office if you need anything because the phone is broke and the number they say to call because of the phone being broke says, "the mailbox of the person you are trying to reach is not set up"! When he was asked why the phone is broke, he said "they are waiting on parts"!! and that was in between visits that I encountered this and as of today it is still in the same condition now a week later. Do you think he might be using Magic Jack? Also the hopital for which he is affiliated to is extreemly understaffed and of those on staff there are only a few workers who actually care about there patients. BEWARE, DO NOT GET ANTHING DONE BY HIM!!! you have been warned!!

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
Mar 8th, 2012

Very caring and concerned. He is the only Dr. I will let operate on me.

Excellent surgeon show details Excellent surgeon
Jan 9th, 2012

Dr. Turfah is a skilled surgeon.I have had him for 2 surgeries and both were well performed,healed quickly and he was very available for pre and post care. He also performed appendectomy on my daughter which was quite complicated and operated on other family members. I would recommend him for any surgery.

Sep 23rd, 2011

Does not listen to you....rude to women!!! Do not go to him... Don't waste your time!!

very bad doctor show details very bad doctor
Sep 28th, 2010

I visited this office to get a check up and the receptionist was extremely rude and demanding. She also was the intake nurse, so she took me into the room and demanded I sit down and that she was going to take my blood pressure, so I says to her wow can I get a smile I feel like an inmate. And she smirks and walks away. The doctor comes in and asks me and my father to leave his facility and refused to see me because I criticized his rude employee and because I didn't have any insurance. So pls take it from me when u go to the doctor u go because u don't feel good and want someone to make u feel better, not treat u so bad u leave being sicker!!!

Find a different doctor show details Find a different doctor
by fryan5 on Sep 28th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I was very disappointed. His advice was completeley wrong for my treatment. I wouldn't consult him again.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
by fryan5 on Sep 28th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was very disappointed with the care I received. He didn't heard what I was telling him, and his advice was unusable. Try someone else!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
I was very disappointed with the care I received show details I was very disappointed with the care I received
by fryan5 at Citysearch on Sep 28th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I was very disappointed with the care I received. He didn`t heard what I was telling him, and his advice was unusable. Try someone else!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com