Dr. Fuad Turfah MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

October 20th, 2015
This Doctor is a True Life Saver
Dr Turfah saved my life after another's doctor's resident student reached down too far with the retractors and pulled a hole in my small intestine, then and while my doctor was out of town for a family emergency, this student refused to do anything for 5 days while I swelled up like the Michelin Man with infection. Finally, as pus oozed out my suture, and I was demanding to be checked out, so I could go to another hospital, my nurse called and put my doctor, still out of town, on a cell phone, to the ear of Dr. Turfah, in surgery, to ask for his help. After 4.5 hrs in his scheduled surgery, he came up to my room, still sweaty in his blue top and bottom, cut open my abdominal suture, saw all of the pus, and told me he'd see me in 1.5 hrs (the time it took to bring an anesthesiologist in). There weren't enough nurses around (most had gone home, it was 5 pm), so Dr. Turfah wheeled me around himself in the prep area. I got the standard questions asked really quickly, and whoosh, I went into surgery. He carefully pulled out all of my intestines, patched my tear (no need to cut out any intestine), rinsed my miles of intestine as best he could. put all of my guts back in, sewed me back up using my original incision, and checked in with me every single day over the next few weeks, until I could go home. Twice we creatively used a CAT scan to poke my residual pus pockets, in order to avoid hitting my kidneys. I drink that horrible white stuff to track and make sure my intestines were finally working. I had a tube down my nose for days, and worked my way back to normal from a liquid diet. Dr. Turfah was actually quite shy, and a man of few words, so, as he'd bring an ever growing number of students with him on rounds to check on me and my progress, I'd pick on him with something witty, making everyone giggle. One morning, he came though extra early for rounds, as he had a surgery scheduled. Instead of waking me up directly, he just quietly stood there, smiling, until I woke up. Even more touching, however, was at my 6 week checkup, when I actually went to his office, and there was a tear in his eye, recounting how my survival, with that much infection, was in question. Dr Turfah might not be the most outgoing, talkative doc, but it's certainly not because he doesn't care deeply about his patients.

February 13th, 2015
He is an outstanding doctor as well as a great human being. Has a passion and skills

January 15th, 2015
Good Doctor and Good Man
I am a physician myself, and I know after many years of practice that Dr. Turfah is the most thorough surgeon and conscientious man that I have dealt with in almost 4 decades of referring patients. Rarely does a surgeon participate in the care of a patient after the procedure is done. They leave the clean up work to the primary care doctor. This is uniquely not the case with Fuad Turfah who rounds daily and is totally involved in post operative care. Believe me when I tell you this is rare as many surgeons feel they have no responsibility once the final stitches have been placed. I have often felt abandoned by a surgeon when a post operative patient became very ill. This NEVER happens with the doctor. You are in very, very good hands with this man. I would unhesitatingly send any family member to him for surgery.

June 8th, 2013
Amazing Doctor!!
Dr. Turfah came highly recommended and saved my mothers life!!! Even when her mammogram came back clean something was still not right, He diagnosed my mother with a malignant type of breast cancer and the Biopsy showed the same diagnosis. Without Dr. Turfah my mother would only have months to live. He is your first, second, and third opinion.

January 21st, 2013
Dr Fuad saved my life
Dr Fuad Turfah saved my life and I am thankful to God and to him for giving me a second chance. I had severe pain in my lower right abdomen and was taken to the emergency room. The doctors on duty were not helpful at all, one of them suspected that my appendix was inflamed, however he did little to follow it up. The second doctor on duty suspected other things. In a nutshell many hours were wasted with ultrasounds and unnecessary tests that provided little information about my condition. My fever had gone up considerably, my heart rate was very high and my blood pressure was low... so basically I was in a very bad shape. Dr Fuad was fast to take action and quickly decided to perform surgery at 4 in the morning. He found that my appendix had ruptured and helped me to cure within a few days. I believe that I would have died in the emergency room if Dr Fuad was not there to take immediate action. God bless Dr Fuad Turfah and grant him happiness and success. I cannot thank him enough.

August 17th, 2012
Life saver and excellent post-care
Dr Turfah first heard about my deteriorating situation while already busily in a 4.5 hr surgery. My out of town OBGYN talked to him over a cell phone, held by a nurse, while he operated, asking him to please come look at me. Once done that that surgery, tired and sweaty in his blues, Dr Turfah came to my room, looked inside my infected incision, and told me he'd see me again in 1 1/2 hrs. It was 5 pm, and there were no nurses available to him on such short notice. After the on-call anesthesiologist arrived and asked me the standard questions, Dr Turfah wheeled me around the pre-op himself, and soon after was rinsing my intestines out on a table, all by himself. Thanks to the first surgery's student going to deep with the retractors, and therefore grabbing connective tissue, and pulling a hole in my small intestine, I was placed in the care of the very student who screwed up and wouldn't admit it, as my OBGYN had to run to his father in law's surgery across the state. My weekend routine surgery stay ended up becoming a 27 day ordeal, and Dr Turfah and staff valiently nursed me through it. Dr Turfah isn't a man of many words, and I'd pick on him about it during every morning followup -- much to the enjoyment of the students accompanying him :). My favorite moment was when his rounds were early one morning, due to a scheduled surgery, and he simply stood there quietly and waited for me to wake up. At my 6 week followup at his office, there was a tear in his eye, as he told me I almost didn't make it. His name in Arabic translates to Heart Masterpiece, and that he truly is. I couldn't have been placed in better care. On top of all this, he has a beautiful, intelligent wife and 3 wonderful children who I got to read about in a newspaper feature article. It's people like these that make me proud to live in the US and be able to have the best from around the world available to treat me.

June 19th, 2012
Garbage!!
Terrible Doctor, do not go to him! Relative had operation from him and he let them go home too soon and they had to be brought back because of complications because of him not monitoring their progression after the operation,and had to be brought back for readmitance a day and a half later which should have actually been the day after. they have now entered their third week in there now and still he does not have a clue what to do or what is going on and will not go to someone who may know the answer! He is clueless!!And forget calling the office if you need anything because the phone is broke and the number they say to call because of the phone being broke says, "the mailbox of the person you are trying to reach is not set up"! When he was asked why the phone is broke, he said "they are waiting on parts"!! and that was in between visits that I encountered this and as of today it is still in the same condition now a week later. Do you think he might be using Magic Jack? Also the hopital for which he is affiliated to is extreemly understaffed and of those on staff there are only a few workers who actually care about there patients. BEWARE, DO NOT GET ANTHING DONE BY HIM!!! you have been warned!!

March 8th, 2012
Best Doctor
Very caring and concerned. He is the only Dr. I will let operate on me.

January 9th, 2012
Excellent surgeon
Dr. Turfah is a skilled surgeon.I have had him for 2 surgeries and both were well performed,healed quickly and he was very available for pre and post care. He also performed appendectomy on my daughter which was quite complicated and operated on other family members. I would recommend him for any surgery.

September 23rd, 2011
Does not listen to you....rude to women!!! Do not go to him... Don't waste your time!!

September 28th, 2010
very bad doctor
I visited this office to get a check up and the receptionist was extremely rude and demanding. She also was the intake nurse, so she took me into the room and demanded I sit down and that she was going to take my blood pressure, so I says to her wow can I get a smile I feel like an inmate. And she smirks and walks away. The doctor comes in and asks me and my father to leave his facility and refused to see me because I criticized his rude employee and because I didn't have any insurance. So pls take it from me when u go to the doctor u go because u don't feel good and want someone to make u feel better, not treat u so bad u leave being sicker!!!