Dr. Fuchat Chan MD, BS, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Pediatric Pulmonology Ewa Beach, HI

• Good
  • Bad

October 28th, 2014
Dr. Chan is very professional. He has satisfactorily answered all of my questions regarding medical care over the years. He has been our 3 sons' pediatrician since they were little. My last son will be moving to an internal medicine or family practioner soon as he will be too old. My granddaughter currently sees him too. The office staff has always been accommodating and helpful.

March 27th, 2013
Would recommend him
I have known Dr. Chan for over 20 years, as a patient and now as a parent of a patient. In fact, all three of my children have been a patient of Dr. Chan. I totally disagree with the other two comments. Yes, we do have to wait sometimes when he is busy, but it isn't an outrageous wait like I have experienced at other doctor's offices. The maximum time that we are in our appointment would be an hour at the most from start to finish. As far as how he practices, I have no complaints. He is always very concerned and helpful whenever I have any questions or concerns about my children. My middle child has downs syndrome and he is always very informative and helpful with my situation. I remember giving birth to one of my children and the nurses in the hospital made a comment "oh, this is one of dr. Chan's patients we need to make sure we do everything that needs to be done for his patients or he will get on us about that". That reassured me that he is a caring Dr. who cares about his patients. I have no complaints at all and would recommend anyone to him. He was good enough for me and he definently has been good enough for my children.

May 19th, 2011
DO NOT CHOOSE CHAN!!!!!
Chan is not a caring, compassionate doctor. The staff is nice and it is easy to get an appointment. Upon arrival...they schedule appointments early, but people have to wait more than 10 minutes just to be seen by him. When in the office with him, he does not take time trying to explore all the possibilities of the whats going on. He does not provide paperwork regarding the diagnosis or conclusion he has come up with. Once he has made his diagnosis, he doe not ask the patient/parent if they have any comments or concerns. He give you your chart and leaves. I feel rushed like he has something more important to do, or that he has to try to hurry my apppointment to finish out his day. He did not follow-up with me about my daughter and her illness. I really regret that I chose him as my daughter's doctor.

May 2nd, 2011
Always overbooked and gives you little to no time to ask follow up questions....I find him to allow 5-6 minutes per appointment which is way too rushed ! would not recommend and I have switched away from him.

July 5th, 2016