Dr. Funda Meric-Bernstam MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 8th, 2014
Dr. Gifted Genius
When I met Dr. Meric-Berstam, M.D. in 2011, I was soon comforted by her approach as I sat on the examining table in a terribly frightened emotional state. Much of that fear was eliminated when I observed her calm demeanor and the style in which she conducted the physical exam. As the discussion ensued, I felt like I was in the right place with the best possible breast oncology surgeon. Dr. Meric exudes self confidence that is innate to her being and has a superior intelligence that is like no other. I had made up my mind before meeting her and the other oncologists' on my case the route I wanted to take in regards to my care. I was most reassured of my decision when I asked Dr. Meric what she would do if she were in my shoes. I was relieved by her answer and that her opinion was the same as mine. I believe that going to M.D. Anderson and having Dr. Funda Meric as my breast surgeon was the best decision I have ever made and with the greatest outcome. My husband tells me this too because he was there with me every step of the way. Sometimes waiting to see Dr. Meric can be long but it is worth every minute. I just expect it to be and bring something to read. I don't mind waiting a long time for the very best!! M.D. Anderson is a very fortunate institution to have this brilliant breast surgical oncologist, professor, and lady on it's staff. Thank You for everything, Dr. Meric!

December 12th, 2013
Best breast oncology surgeon
The wait time to see Dr. Meric is long but is worth every minute for her expertise! She is brilliant . I was in a terrible emotional state when I first saw her with the team of doctors and I knew immediately after meeting her and by the examination she performed that I wanted her as my surgeon. I had my mind made up as to the surgical route I'd take before meeting her. She helped solidify my decision, the best one I ever made.