Dr. George Reiter MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 17th, 2016
Best Neurosurgeon Ever
I dont know exactly what to say or how to word this but Dr. Reiter is the best out there hands down. I had unknown source of pain for a long time and was finally sent to Dr. Reiter for an evaluation and as it turned out I had a spinal fusion back surgery and a year or so later I had to have neck surgery also. Its been a year and a half since back surgery and i can honestly say I am 100% better! Life is so much better for me without that pain i was living with on a daily basis. His entire staff is great but there is one who stuck out to me more than others and that was Barbara! I think she stuck out more cause I dealt with her the most - she was the kindest person - she cared how I was doing and encouraged me all the time to get better! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!!

May 28th, 2015
I personally dont think that there is a better neurosurgeon on planet earth- he saved my life literally! months and months of misdiagnosis with others and they couldnt find an answer for my pain and so I was referred to him and within one appointment we knew what the problem was and I had my spinal fusion! Yes I have had issues since the surgery but it was nothing to do with what Dr Reiter did (it was how my body reacted)! If you need a neurosurgeon I highly recommend him and to make matters even better he has an excellant bedside manner and thats something that is rare with most doctors nowadays.

April 24th, 2015
he was awesome and though I never will recommend spinal fusion back surgery to anyone (very painful and the recovery process is long and tedious) if it has to be done such as in my case, I would recommend Dr Reiter in a second! Simply the best the area has to offer - and his staff is just a wonderful.

March 27th, 2015
I have all the faith in the world in Dr. Reiter. After years of going from doctor to doctor with growing symptoms and concerns, none of them were able to give me a satisfying diagnosis, unable to help me in any way. As it turned out, one visit with Dr. Reiter, he sat with me and listened to everything that I was saying, explaining to him all of my fears and concerns. After running the "correct" tests, he determined that my spinal cord was pinched. If left untreated, I could have been paralyzed for the rest of my life! He was able to correct the problem area and gave me peace of mind. I have had a total of three surgeries on my neck performed by Dr. Reiter. At this time, I am now visiting locals doctors, getting tests and scans done with them knowing that I will return to Hershey Medical Center and Dr. Reiter with their results for any further treatment that I may need.

December 17th, 2010
Ultimately the rating of a doctor is based on whether the issue was properly diagnosed and if the procedure completed solved one's problem. In my case, the time spent with me by Dr. Reiter and his staff was open with full discussion of what was observed on my MRI and what was planned to solve the problem.Dr. Reiter met with my wife in the waiting room immediately following the surgery to give her a report on what was observed, what was done and the general feeling regarding the apparent results. The attention to her concern was very important to both of us.I would recommend Dr. Reiter to others based on my apparent success.

June 22nd, 2017