Dr. Gabraella Drake-Forte MD Patient Reviews

• Pediatrics Alpharetta, GA

• Good
  • Bad

February 3rd, 2016
So thankful here are doctors out there like her! She really cares and provides such good care to my child.

July 22nd, 2015
Dr. Drake-Forte is great!
I have been bringing my children to see Dr. Drake-Forte since they were born, my oldest is now 11. Yes you may wait extra time in the waiting room because she gives you her full attention and answers all questions while you have her. She goes above to ensure that she diagnosis your child correctly and not just send them home with cough syrup. I would rather wait for a few extra minutes in the waiting to ensure my child is given the time with the Dr. when it's their turn. I find it funny that each bad review is about the time frames and not the care of the child. If you want quick service go to a doc in the box and end up going back 4 or 5 times due to misdiagnosis!

November 2nd, 2013
Patient
:( Seeing your pediatrician should be helpful, calming, and resourceful. Not a headache, a disappointment, and make you feel like you and your questions are a burden. Dr Drake Forte is not the pediatrician we had hoped for. Please continue to read if you'd like my personal, experience. Expect to wait over an hour for each visit, only to see the doctor for 5 minutes, and have her get irritated when the parent has several questions. She is typically way overbooked or way behind. She will instruct you to make a separate appointment for questions other than those pertaining directly to the reason for that particular visit (due to 'billing' reasons), for which you will wait over an hour again, only to find you have a limited time with the doctor that next visit as well. She is irritated by after hour phone calls, (even when they are not stupid questions and result in a visit to urgent care). We have seen a GI doctor, had two emergency trips to urgent care for my son, and she never followed up. Instead, when a problem arose, she stated she was concerned that there was never a follow up visit, but never mentioned we should go ahead and actually make that follow up visit . Another time, as I was sitting in the parking lot at 12:30 (told it would be ok to come in at this time), I was told via phone to go to the urgent care AGAIN because she was done early for the day. That was the 2nd time she was done 'earlier' than business hours when I was informed it would be alright to come in. So after making the trip,I begged just to see her. Nope. It is very clear her priorities are in her own personal time and NOT those of her patients. We have tried and tried again, and given her several chances, but between the condescending attitude, wait times, unnecessary visits to urgent care, lack of follow ups, and, most importantly, lack of genuine concern for my son, we are relieved to have called it quits. I am shocked that a person of this profession can seem so cold and even annoyed by us and our son's constant issues. I am a first time mom and, sometimes, I just need to be heard and my questions answered thoroughly. My goal is not to be a nuisance, rather figure out how to help raise a happy and healthy boy. I need help with that; I am human. I would hope that Dr Drake Forte will be more understanding and empathetic with that toward her future patients and parents.

July 10th, 2013
She's the Best
Been going to Dr. Drake-Forte for over ten years with my three children (one just recently aged out :( ). She's taken care of their checkups, infections, fevers, got on her knees to explain to my crying daughter her pierced ear infection will heal & she'll be wearing pretty earrings in no time, took them from screaming kids afraid of the shots (& strep tests) to young adults prepared to take care of themselves going forward into college. You will not see a P.A., you see her as the doctor. She is not in a group practice, so sometimes the wait can be long, but she's spending as much time with her other patients as she is with your child - and it's worth the wait. When she moved her office further from our home, we stayed with her - she's that good.

December 30th, 2010
Lack of Professionalism
I relocated from out state, and I called to schedule a meeting with Dr Forte to see if she would meet my requirements. My apppointment was scheduled for 1:00. I show up at 12:53. The office was closed from lunch from 12-1. No biggie.. but 1:00 comes.. still no one.. 1:04 comes.. no one.. Finally about 1:07 comes two ladies from a long lunch to open up the doors. Once we finally make it in, I sat there for over 45 minutes(although we were first there) and no such luck. I ask if the wait is always this long and the lady at the front desk say she was putting some stuff in the computer. I tell her, I just want to meet the doctor before I decide to fill out all the paperwork etc. She tells me that the doctor only does "meet and greets" for pregnant women, not first time patients. I was like ummm what?? What doctor wouldn't take the time to do an interview with a parent? I guess maybe there is no money in interviews...very disappointing.

May 15th, 2015