Dr. Gabriel Chiu DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 18th, 2016
AMAZING
Dr Chiu is as good as it gets! From his competence, knowledge, to his bedside manner, to his actual work (more like art), he is absolutely fabulous. I knew from the moment I met him and his staff that was the one I wanted to do my breast augmentation. He was so attentive starting during the first consultation, did not try to "sell" his work, just let it speak for itself. I could not recommend him more. My augmentation looks PERFECT and NATURAL. If you want big fake looking stripper boobs, I would not recommend him. The healing process was fast, minimal bruising, the incision scars (subareolar) are basically nonexistant, they just look amazing. I was so nervous before the surgery (to the point where I was crying in the operating room right before), but his calm and confident demeanor made me feel calm and confident. Even since my surgery, he has been so attentive, remembers little details, and could not be more professional. In addition to the breast augmentation, I have since had two liposuction procedures, both of which have had phenomenal results. I could not be happier! Now onto his staff--they are so sweet and have made me feel welcomed, and not just another patient, but an actual person. Amazing. I will/and have recommended him to anyone who even jokes about getting theirs done.

December 10th, 2015
Breast Aug
Ugh, I can't even begin to describe what a wonderful experience I've had with Dr. Chiu and his staff. I don't know what his interview process is like, but all the girls in his office are amazing. I want to call sometimes just to chat with Shanna (receptionist) just because she's so friendly. As for Dr. Chiu...he's a genius. You sometimes hear that geniuses lack social skills...not the case with Dr. Chiu. He makes you feel so comfortable with him, and he is SO knowledgable, friendly, and HONEST. He tells you what he really thinks is best, and what will work for you. NOT what will make him the most money, but what is the most suitable for your body. In addition to that, my breast augmentation is easily the best I've ever seen on anyone. I've gotten so many compliments from people who couldn't even tell that I had my breasts done until I said something. Their reactions are usually something like "They don't look fake! The only reason I believe you is because they look TOO good to be real!" I think that is a huge compliment! One more thing: When I went to my first consultation with Dr. Chiu, he said he only does natural looking breast augmentation, and "if you're looking for the 'playboy' look, you may have come to the wrong doctor." And that's what did it. I am going back at the end of the month for a lipo consult. I trust Dr. Chiu with my life!

October 5th, 2015
Where to start, Dr Chiu is my Angel... he is one of the most kindest, talented medical professionals I have ever met. I had had the same procedure 6 months prior that had gone terribly wrong with another Dr, I was very lucky to be alive. I was incapacitated for 6 weeks unable to work in terrible pain and in and out of hospital with many complications for what should of been a simple surgery it was a case of drinking the Kool-Aid this previous Dr had feed me...I really believed he was what he claimed to be and was going to give me a result far exceeding my expectation.. as it turned out he did not have any experience and I was left looking worse than I did going in..AND THEN!!!! I found Dr Chiu... what a complete 180 this experience was..I went through another procedure to correct what the other Docter had literally butchered..Dr Chiu, is a true artist with incredible knowledge I now have the breasts of a 16 Year old and a wash board stomach, I was back at work in 7 days , off all meds day 3, walking an hour day 7 back in the gym at 2 weeks with light weights. Dr Chiu approach's surgery with a great deal of preparation and one on one discussion, you are put on a vitamin program pre surgery to ensure you are in strong health and post surgery a different regime to help promote healing. I was shown many images , he approaches you like you are a piece of art work that he is sculpting into a masterpiece ..and the outcome was just that a true piece of art. Everyone in his office is incredibly encouraging and caring..you feel like you are family...I cannot recommend Dr Chiu enough!!!

October 4th, 2015
This is the doctor you have been looking for. Some added traffic before my consultation had me running late, but he still managed to spend about an hour and a half with me before suggesting a second consultation before I decided anything, since there was still so much he wanted to tell me. I was already sold but during the pre-op there was still so much more he had to tell me. Every concern I had he listened to and addressed, his out of the box thinking was exactly what my situation needed. And you will not find a friendlier staff in the industry!

September 23rd, 2015
Another Happy Patient
I am currently 5 days postop and I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the care I have received from start to present. From the very first phone call, Shanna has been absolutely amazing and accommodating to all my needs and concerns making sure to connect me to the right person in a very polite and timely manner. Laurie helped me through every step of prop, patiently answering all of my questions and helping me select an implant that was natural and proportionate to my figure. Dr. Chiu I really cannot say enough about him... high marks all the way! Very patient and extremely thorough... a perfectionist to a T! I appreciate how detail oriented he was and still is, expressing how important it is to do several and regular postop visits. I'm still swollen and taped up, but from what I can see, I'm very happy. My amazing anesthesiologist, Dr Barth, had just the kindest bedside manner and answered all of my last minute questions regarding my medications and what I could take safely. Lastly, the OR circulator that prepped me for surgery (I'm so sorry I do not remember your name) was an angel! She was able to prep me and ease all of my concerns. I was very nervous the night before surgery and she did such an incredible job distracting me and allowing me to go into surgery anxiety free. Thank you Dr. Chiu and thank you to your fantastic team!! ~B.E.

June 16th, 2015
Best Choice
I researched for a couple of years, and met with 10 different doctors... After just my first visit I KNEW Dr. Chiu was "the one" for me! He was extremely patient, kind, clearly a master at his craft and made me feel comfortable. Not to mention my results... I had a Brazilian butt lift, lipo, scar revision + fillers. My results far exceeded my expectations. I am elated to say the least! I strongly recommend him to anyone out there contemplating surgery (or fillers).

June 13th, 2015
Super experience!
I consulted with dr Chiu about implants after I was done having kids. Unlike a lot of Beverly Hills plastic surgeons, Dr Chiu is not at all intimidating. He's friendly, professional, down to earth and spent a ton of time (and several appointments!) explaining all my options. When I did decide to go ahead with the surgery, it was so simple! I felt great on day 4 and was up and about running errands! Several years later my implants look and feel better than ever!

May 29th, 2015
Satisfied patient
Dr. Chiu was amazing!! He explained his medical treatment in a way that was easy to understand. His office staff was amazing, helpful, and always happy to asist. The level of knowledge shown by Dr. Chiu is compared to non from my experience with other physicinas in different parts of the state. I would recommend his service to anyone who is looking for knowledge comfort, and 100% satisfaction.

May 13th, 2015
Breast Aug
I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Chiu and his staff (Alyssa in particular). They were very attentative, professional, wonderful bedside manners, and most imporantly patient with me. I have had plenty of friends who had breast augs with other doctors and one with him so for me I was able to compare his work prior to my consultation. After my initial meeting with him and feeling completely at east I booked my surgery. Mind you this was my only consultation with a surgeon, and felt that comfortable and confident to schedule with him the same day. Being a working mother of two small children and having little to no breast tissue, I was very concerned with the outcome of my procedure. The last thing I wanted to do was come out looking overly fake and top heavy. I listened to Dr. Chiu's recommendations and couldn't be happier with my outcome. It really is truly amazing to see the before and after pictures and much of a confidence booster this was. The look and feel of them are extremely natural, and have very minimal scarring. My only regret through this entire process was not having it done sooner! I can't thank Dr. Chiu and his staff enough for everything and will definitely be referring him in the future.

March 6th, 2015
Beyond Excited!!
I could not be happier about how wonderful my breast implant surgery went! The results are exactly (if not better) than I had hoped for. I was so scared and nervous about the pain, recovery, and how I would look afterwards. I was up and about the very next day without pain. I did not arrive at this decision easily. I struggled with my perception of public judgment and internal conflict. I am also physically active and teach yoga so I wanted a size that made me feel pretty and young yet did not get in the way of my activities. I actually went to see Dr. Chiu twice and also brought my husband with me. Dr. Chiu is patient, a true artist in his work! Together with Dr. Chiu I selected the perfect size that fits my body that looks natural without affecting my activities. I am beyond happy with the results. Dr. Gabriel has wonderful bedside manner, professional, patient, and his office staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I feel sexy, happy, and I am kicking myself for not going through the surgery sooner.

March 4th, 2015
From injections to complicated surgical procedures, Dr. Chiu is The Best.
I model next to girls half my age, and I owe it to sunscreen & Dr. Chu. I never look ‘done’, and in fact a couple of times in the 7 years that I’ve gone in for injections, he’s said that I didn’t need them yet & to come back in a month. He turned down business out of integrity for his practice and my face –which is exactly why I knew that he was the one to ‘refine’ my nose. By ‘refine’ I mean, he saved me from a botched job (both internally & externally) that I had over a decade ago –while my nose didn’t look noticeably bad from a glance, there were actually nuances that were keeping me from booking jobs. The reason I know this is because after only a month since surgery, I’m booking the same job that I didn’t book before the surgery. Finally the ultimate seal of approval –my husband was so scared to have my nose touched, but after he saw the result, has decided to have His nose done by Dr. Chu.

March 3rd, 2015
I am beyond thrilled with my breast implants!! Dr. Chiu was absolutely wonderful to work with. I interviewed several cosmetic surgeons and choosing Dr. Chiu was a no brainer. His bedside manner is unparalleled. In addition, he is incredibly talented. My breasts look so incredibly natural. I am complimented all the time on how great they are. I couldn't be happier!