Dr. Gabriel Rodarte MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 3rd, 2014
Do not use fro Psychiatry Services!
I was referred to Dr. Rodarte through my primary Dr. office because I need a psychiatrist in my HMO that could take over my adult ADD care of 25 years from my doctor in northern CA. My appointment had to be held via satellite TV. After an hour wait I was called and seated in a large room (which looked like a storage roomwith a large banquet style table to sit behind on a cold metal folding chair. Across the table was a tall metal TV stand with a TV that on and connected to what seemed to be Dr. Rodarte's office. Nothing about this setting was comfortable or inviting what so ever for an initial appointment with a psychiatrist. He asked me a few general questions regarding my current medication and why I was taking it. He did NOT ask anything about any prior testing which had been done by my current doctor in N. CA nor did not ask me for her contact information so he could get more infomed information with which to make a decision. It was very obvious he was not interested in assisting me with any type of care and just told me flat out that he would not write me my prescriptions and told me that maybe I could find another doctor within my HMO that would. I was not offered any assistance to connect with another doctor, given any names of other psychiatrists that are contracted with IEHP or how to find them myself, which is impossible because clients cannot look for specialists in a HMO. We are dependent solely on our primary doctor for a referral. So I have basicly been left hung out to dry with no help. It is my assessment that Dr. Rodarte is not in any way interested in the care of a patient but in the politically correct way as deemed by others.

April 24th, 2011
Dr. Rodarte is an incredible doctor & human being
I am incredibly grateful that I was referred to Dr. Gabriel Rodarte by my Case Manager. I was absolutely desperate for a psychiatrist who would accept my medical insurance (Medi/Medi)in North San Diego County. Little did I know that this man would not only be my most outstanding psychiatrist EVER, but he would also be certified in Family Practice as well. A man of his education and background is RARELY available to the poor and disabled. He has made an honorable commitment to serve humanity and I am very grateful for his integrity, devotion to serve, his caring, supportive nature, as well as his outstanding medical insights and recommendations.