Dr. Gabriel San Roman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 12 reviews

November 2nd, 2016
Love Dr. Gabriel San Roman and his staff!!
I have nothing but great things to say about Dr. Gabe San Roman. We saw him for about 8 months for fertility treatments at the Center for Human Reproduction- Suffolk office in Smithtown. Each step of the way he explained everything in detail. When we had to move forward with IVF, I showed up with a page and a half of questions and he answered every single one without issue. When I had to go in for my egg retrieval he was so compassionate and he even offered to let me squeeze his hand when they were setting up my anesthesia IV. I have never met a doctor with a better bedside manner than Dr. San Roman. It is clear that he truly cares about his patients and loves what he does. His entire staff is just as amazing. Aurora is the best at drawing blood without pain. Merrie is the best U/S tech around- love her. Dawn-the NP is fantastic and all of his nurses- Laura, Emily, and Janet are just fantastic. Sue, Yolanda, Nancy and the rest of the team up front never had any problems answering any of my EOB/billing questions. Love them all. We became pregnant after our first IVF fresh transfer and recently graduated from the practice. We are going to miss the team over there. They are simply the best. We have two frozen embryos that they are "babysitting" for us right now and we will definitely be going back! If you are in need of fertility treatments, I strongly recommend Dr. Gabe and his team!

January 14th, 2016
Made me feel so comfortable on my first visit and after. Is very supportive and the staff is great. would recommend him to anyone.

October 24th, 2015
Easily one of the kindest most compassionate skilled physicians I have met. I went somewhere else initially and was so turned off and then we met Dr. San Roman. So thrilled to be on this journey with him and his staff. I am certain he has our best interests at heart.

October 21st, 2015
Phenomenal Infertility Specialist with compassion. Great man!
I know my review will be biased because of the success we had with Dr. San Roman in achieving a successful pregnancy and healthy baby boy. But besides our success he is one of the most compassionate, nicest Dr.s I have ever met. He spends time with you, His advice, guidance and professionalism of his office and staff were so unbelievable. Never a very long wait time, staff always knew our names and made you feel important and not just another number even though his office was always filled with patients. His staff just knows how to schedule correctly, is extremely organized, and makes phone calls immediately with results, appointment reminders etc. Dr. San Roman always approaches you with a smile on his face, and comforting bedside manner. We were lucky to have met such a thorough and compassionate Dr. Our reward for patience and finding the right office to deal with our infertility issues was our healthy baby boy. Thank you so much for doing what you do.

June 29th, 2015
Use this Doctor!!
I love Dr San Roman and his entire staff. After going there for 6 months (multiple appointments each month) when my appointment was at 830 I was being seen at 830. The staff is friendly, patient, understanding and efficient. When I left I felt like I was leaving my friends. Dr San Roman explains everything that is going on in plain English and doesn't make you feel rushed and yet each appointment (blood taken, sonogram, and meet with the Doctor) was done in a half hour. My GYN now has a two hour wait. I would stay with him if I could. There is NOTHING bad to say about this office or the staff. When I finally was able to conceive everyone seemed genuinely happy for me and Dr San Roman is highly competent and amazing at what he does. I would recommend him to everyone. The office itself is clean and modern and offers complimentary coffee. Each sonogram room had its own tv so u can easily watch your while getting examined. (My doctor now doesn't have this and it's annoying) Thank you to the Doc and everyone there. You guys rock!

January 14th, 2015
I think that this was the best practice that I've been to. Awe!!!

October 2nd, 2014
Let me start off by explaining that I am not the easiest patient. That being said, this office was patient and courteous with me the entire time I was a patient there. I went through two rounds of IUI and was unsuccessful. Although I was advised I could try one more round, I asked for a more aggressive treatment and was moved to IVF. My opinions were taken into consideration, and my decisions were agreed with and treated as reasonable. On several occasions this staff worked with both mine and my husband's demanding work schedule. They also accomplished what they promised. They got us pregnant and we have three frozen embryos waiting for our second attempt when we are ready. Dr. San Roman answered all of my many many many questions professionally and in depth. He also showed me that he genuinely cares for his patients on more than one occasion. One of the reviewers on this site states that he has many pregnancies that are multiples. I disagree with that reviewer as I requested two embryos and he would not do it. He felt I would be successful with one and he was right. I am so thankful to Dr. San Roman and his staff.

March 14th, 2014
look elsewhere
I do not know where to begin to express my feelings for this practice. I went through 2 ivf cycles to find out I had poor quality embryos due to over stimulation and each embryo was injected with icsi with poor quality sperm. I never stood a chance of success. How does a doctor put couples through this process knowing how much money each procedure costs. I only found this information out when my gutt told me to switch doctors and I requested my medical records (which was a nightmare) they never sent them to me...a company sent me a bill for requesting records and it was only when I called the outside company to have them resent that I found out the quality of my eggs. Meanwhile during the process I heard nothing but how he was sooo sure this was going to work His success rate is due to multiple births..not on a single embryo transfer. Please take my advice and go to a practice where everyone is professional and has your best interest. A practice that has up to date equipment to monitor your embryos, offers embryo glue as well as co cultures, a doctor that has a plan for just you and your body...not a standard protocol. Find an office that is about making a family..not just a baby or in his case babies. There are a lot more blood tests that need to be done and he just does the bare minimum. It was only due to my new doctor I found out I have a clotting disorder.

November 11th, 2011
felt like a guinea pig
His clinic passes you around from one doctor to another, which in tern got me hyperstimulated and into the hospital. We then transffered to RMA who were amazing and so much more knowlegable. Don't be fooled by his talent to sale, I will urge you to go visit some other doctors before you seattle for him.

January 5th, 2011
great doctor and staff

September 5th, 2010
exceptional...the best!

November 21st, 2008
He and his staff are wondeful!