Dr. Gabriel Somori MD Patient Reviews

2.9

February 10th, 2017
Pill mill
I had been a patient of Dr Somori when he was practicing in Lewes, Delaware. His practices were inconsistent as to monthly urinalysis. I had been a patient with him for a year and a half. I had a back operation in which screws and rods where implanted in my lower spine L3,L4 and L5. I was pain free from the time of the operation,which took place in October 2010. A month to the day, I woke up one morning and the pain in my lower back was worse than before the operation. I had followed all the instructions the Doctor who performed the operation,so back to therapy. I was recommended to seek out a pain management Doctor. I choose Dr Somori since he was close to where I live. I did a background research on Dr Somori,and everything looked fine, no bad reviews or sanctions. First appointment went well. I was asked to fill out paperwork stating my issues,what types of therapy I was in. Never once in the first year was I asked for a urine sample. I was asked questions during each visit,given a script for Percocet and an appointment was made for the next month. In the last 6 months when he was in practice in Delaware, the waiting room was full and all the patients were complaining that their appointments were running late. I finally get into see Somori and I had to give a urine sample, and was told to go back to waiting room for results. The results came back saying I did not have the correct amount of Percocet in my system,tested positive for THC and Vicodin. I was floored. I was given a months supply of Percocet and under duress I had to sign a form letter stating I could not be treated by his office anymore. After paying my copay,I leave the office very confused. In the parking lot of Somori's office , about 10 or so of his patients were talking about being released from Somori's care because of their urinalysis showing false positive findings just like mine. Most of the patients were very upset and expressing how they also had to sign a release form, and if they did not sign they would not be able to seek out another pain management Doctor. Also the group of ex patients had been discussing that Somori was moving to Florida and did not want the new pain management Doctor to have any of his old patients and the new Doctor would have to build his own group of patients. This man should not be able to practice in any state.

August 22nd, 2016
a want to be dr.
he is about the worst pain management doctor i have ever when to.all he wanted to do is increase my pain meds.and if you did not agree with him to up the dosage he would get mad. not a professional in my book. i do not recommend him to no one.

November 29th, 2015
He's shouldn't have md next to his name.

September 8th, 2014
Excellent doctor and a great person!
I recently moved to Florida and due to my injuries and botched surgery by one of the"best"neurosurgeon in Ohio, I'm forced to use pain medication to be able to function daily. My laminectomy actually worsened the situation. Now, my facet joints are wiped out and I can't even twist or bend backwards at all. He took the time to explain to me in layman's terms what it is and worked diligently to help me be able to live a normal life and do things that I haven't been able to in 6 years. Do not listen or believe whoever says that his waiting room is full of zombies; so untrue! The staff is first rate also, very caring and helpful also! Unfortunately I moved and am unable to see him. I was never overmedicated, nor did I become addicted. I never once to even refill my meds by the next visit! I always had extra when the meds were counted. He doesn't just"give"medication out and forget you. I never once failed a urinalysis. He explained the side effects of the meds, and assured me that if I followed his instructions, exercised whenever I could, and used the breakthrough meds only as truly needed, addiction shouldn't be too much of a worry. Guess what? He told me the truth! I weaned myself off of morphine and dilaudid! No relapses, no cravings, nothing! So please, if you're in need of a doctor who will treat you like a person, is compassionate, and be absolutely honest about everything, there is nobody else that I would recommend.

October 6th, 2013
paralegal, business owner
I went to Dr. Somori 4 years ago in Lewis Delaware. He listened and took action. Yes, of course he prescribed a pain med., however, never did he ever tell me not to worry about it. I never did take much of that med, because he did pain management injections, and they worked. The other thing is for someone to say he was a bad doctor, I had never ever had a doctor that did drug testing. He did, to make sure if you came to him you were not a drug addict. He is a caring individual. You can not ask for a better doctor. Please do NOT listen to the person who said he told them not to worry about addiction. That is impossible, since he drug test each and every patient.

June 8th, 2011
Excellent!
I submitted my opinion but it doesn't show up so I will again. I have been a patient for almost a year now. I love Dr. Somori and Jennifer Rahn PA. They really care about what is going on with my pain and they LISTEN to me and try different approaches and meds to help me. The staff are pleasant and professional! I have to travel almost an hour to get there but I believe it's worth it because they are so good. Don't listen to other negative reviews - they are the BEST!

February 24th, 2010
GETS PATIENTS HOOKED ON DRUGS!!
I have pain in my back due to a deteriorating disk and arthritis in my neck and shoulder. My primary doctor sent me to see a pain specialist. Totally ...

May 21st, 2009
Ease of getting pain Med's
Dr. Somori should be have his Licence taken away. I had chronic back pain. Put me on pain med's. I was worried that I would get hooked on them and he told me "no that won't happen only if taken as directed you won't." Well people do. His office waiting room is always crowded and most of the patients waiting look like zombies. I have never been told before that it was not possible to get addicted to pain med's before. I was shocked when he told me that. He said it was ok to drive and go on with my daily activites. He told me that the more I take, that I will get used to the med's. (a more zombie state) I know now that he does not have a good reputation. He has declared bankruptcy and fired his staff in the past and then relocated. I left as a patient and found someone else who prescribed other methods of relief for my pain.

August 18th, 2008
A Doctor Who Really Cares
After years of office visits to the doctor who did my surgery and years of medicines that did not work finally a Doctor who really cares. Dr. Somori has tried several treatments and has never given up on me. I am finally getting relief from my Chronic back pain. I think I'm getting closer to a level of meds that will actually help. This Doc is tops. Thank you Dr. Somori for everything.