Dr. Gad Lavy MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 15 reviews

December 23rd, 2015
unsure
We are still patients as we have all of our eggs in one basket, so to speak. The nurses were excellent. Not the rest of the staff. We do not trust that this clinic does what it should when no one is looking. We were quoted "odds and chances" that do not pan out. The most difficult part to trust is a lack of "seeing" the process. And not feeling that, for the amount of cost that the available transparency isnt there. I E, not having more up to date ultrasound in the embryo transfer room. We are repeating our cycle so as not to waste the embryos but dont have much faith. We were also very surprised that the front desk staff told us to "check the portal" with regard to the actual pregnancy test. I think the Dr. Should have called with that news. This is an awful experience. And overly costly.

March 9th, 2014
Wrong!
He rudely told me I would never be able to have a child......that my only option was surrogacy or adoption. He wasn't empathetic about it at all. Six months after he told me this, I got pregnant naturally. I now have a healthy little boy.

December 19th, 2011
Misdiagnosed my problem. Told me I would not become pregnant unless I had certain procedures done. Went to another doctor who did not perform any of the procedures recommended by Lavy...became pregnant within 3 months.

November 9th, 2011
Cold, inconsiderate, arrogant.Needs to deal with the tools but not the patients.

November 1st, 2011
I was very disappointed in this clinic. I went through medical/psychological screening and two embryo transfers here, and think the only people I was impressed with were a couple of the nurses. They were the only ones who seemed to be caring individuals. The receptionists were extremely rude when approached and I feel like Dr. Lavy lied to us about the embryo quality and chance of getting pregnant. I really did get the feeling that he did not actually enjoy children.. My 2-year-old son came with me into the clinic before the first transfer and I rudely got told by Dr. Lavy himself that he could not be there during the transfer (well, duh! He was just there *before* the transfer in the waiting area). That was not a good first impression in my books.. Everything just felt so impersonal.. I feel like he could have done a lot more for us.

November 1st, 2011
Beware of this doctor
I have never expected any doctor/ office to be this insensitive and incompassionate. We were promised good results and ended up loosing everything. And the doctor never even called to discuss the situation at the promised time. Choosing this clinic was the absolute worst decision for us and I would recommend everyone to stay as far away from New England Fertility center as possible. All this clinic cares about is money, I wish I had read the patient reviews and SART statistics on this doctor before going to him. Anyone else would have been a better choice.

June 24th, 2011
While I agree that the nurses seem to be the only and primary treaters, that our meds weren't ordered properly, and that we were often in the dark and confused about what we were supposed to do, which med to take, and when, they were always just a phone call away, he predicted exactly how many eggs and embryos we'd get based solely on the blood tests, and ultimately got us pregnant in 2 months. The confusion with the last second med changes I think has a lot to do with what a blood test shows, and that they have to alter the meds based on what pops up on the test, but I agree with one thing: aside from the initial consult, the harvest and implant, we never even saw gad lavy. But that's OK, because the nurses knew what they were doing, and he is the medical director, not a lab tech.

February 10th, 2011
Better Options Locally
We worked with Dr. Lavy for three years, starting with our own egg, and progressing to donor without success. Well, we did get pregnant twice from IVF and once naturally, but all three resulted in miscarriage. One of the IVF pregnancies had classic symptoms of the "disappearing twin" yet the PA (NP?) told us to it was a miscarriage, stop taking the meds, etc. The doctor never even checked himself, which is one of the big issues we have with this practice.Dr. Lavy seems to be a gifted fertility doctor, but he doesn't seem to keep up with the latest trends. He is also over-extended as the only MD in a two location (30 miles apart) practice. As a result too many proceedures and communications that should be done by the doctor are done by mid level providers, nurses, etc. And the manner of everyone (with the exception of the staff that handles the actual IVF proceedure) is downright rude. One woman told us "why bother with your own egg, you should be going straight to donor" despite the fact that we knew the statistics (I hate to say odds here!) better than she. The Doctor, whom would have us wait for an hour or more for a consultation following a failed proceedure, dodged questions, or, worse, told us "you read too much" when we asked about new ideas, technologies, etc. One of the worst things that happened was when we decided to have a day 5 transfer, the lab didn't thaw the frozen embryos on the right day, so there screw up resulted in a mis match between the patient and the embryos in terms of timing. How basic is that? The above mentioned possible "vanishing twin" was totally mishandled, and frankly should have been reported. When we explored other clinics, with remaining embryos, we found out that there were short cuts taken that prohibited anyone else from doing a transfer. Legally, they shouldn't have happened. We also met a couple that had finished with NEF two years before their daughter was born, but told us, much to their chagrin, that Lavy counted them as his success, and even talked about them in one of his publications. All in all, the staff doesn't "get it" at this office (Stamford). His success rates, which aren't anything special, are questionable, and he's not forthcoming when you need information or have questions. Seek a kinder, gentle practice with better success rates.

January 20th, 2011
I am a 47 year old woman and have been a patient of Dr. Lavy for about 6 months. During our initial consult, he was both professional and candid in explaining the likely course of treatment and our chances for a positive outcome. He and his key nurses have been responsive to questions from my husband and me, and their responses are always timely. While some of the nursing team is not always conversant with the details of our treatment plan, we have grown quite confident in skills of a caring nucleus. I have found Dr. Lavy to be most calming. And, his quiet confidence is a welcome departure from other RE's we met. My husband and I would recommend Dr. Lavy to other couples in our situation without reservation. In fact, we have.

August 17th, 2010
Mom of identical twin girls!!!! Great Doc and office staff!!!
The office staff/nurses were wonderful. VERY caring and concerned. Nurses were always a call away. Dr. Lavy was always very calm and relaxed, and my husband and I never felt rushed. Any question we asked was handled with patience and explained well.....even though, he probably had answered the same question multiple times that day!! A wonderful experience in a time that was very tentative and scary. We are so thankful to Dr. Lavy and his team in Stamford and Hamden!

July 15th, 2009
Run While You Can
In a nutshell, working with Dr. Lavy and his staff was one of the worst medical office experiences my wife or I have ever had. Unprofessional, disorganized, uncaring and incompetent are just a few words we would use to describe our time there and his staff. Here are some of the things we experienced: (1) Staff misread and misdiagnosed our blood tests and led us on a wild goose chase with respect to finding out what the issue was (2) Dr. Lavy had unskilled nurses perform complex procedures that he should have done himself (3) Staff consistently ordered the incorrect drugs from the pharmacy, which resulted in us not starting our cycles at the desired times. Ultimately, we ended our care there and moved on to another specialist.My wife and I went to an IVF specialist because our window to have a child was beginning to close. It was extremely disappointing that we had to waste a few months with Dr. Lavy and that is time we will never get back.

March 25th, 2009
Former patient.
Staff left much to be desired. Management of practice, terrible. The nursing staff with the exception of one or two were totally unprofessional. Every week there were new personnel hired. I lost faith in continued care.