Dr. Gaetano Bello Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gaetano Bello?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Gaetano Bello?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 17th, 2017

This is the only review I have ever written -- about anything. I was looking at the other on-line reviews of Dr.Bello, who injured me (irreversibly) because I was curious whether it was just me, or whether others had a bad experience. Since my experience with Dr. Bello does not appear to be a fluke, I am posting this comment, with much sadness. I can first ratify the comments of supporters: Dr.Bello appears to be a nice and caring man. I always thought he was, and it therefor breaks my heart to write this. I cannot recommend that anyone undergo Dr. Bello's care. Appearing as a nice person does not make one a competent or caring doctor. For those who don't need a doctor, because they have no GYN issues or because they can deliver a baby without a doctor even present, Dr. Bello's lack of care or skill may never be apparent. But for anyone of the rest of us who expect a doctor to be concerned about their well-being, to thoughtfully recommend a course of action, or to competently perform a surgery, look elsewhere. Otherwise you may end up like me - - having paid his excessive fees (not even reimbursed by a "cadillac" health insurance plan) while spending the rest of your life regretting you ever met the man. The fact that his wife is involve in the practice now is telling.

November 4th, 2016

Dr and Mrs Bello

I'm not surprised so many people are complaining about the wife. I met her many years ago and already at that time she was a shrew. Selfish, superficial and only interested in money. Unlike good red wine, she didn't get better as she was getting older. Too bad...

September 16th, 2016

I especially like when he, a man, told me that a yeast infection isn't painful and I need to suck it up.

September 6th, 2016

demanding RN

Dr Bello, extremely learned in his field, and self-disciplined in keeping professionally current, has the compassion and dedication of an "old-school" physician, caring for the whole patient, not a series of organ systems. He is the best; and after 43 years of nursing practice, I know "good!" when I see it.

August 23rd, 2016

A Medical Genius and A Doctor Who Truly Exemplifies the Hippocratic Oath

While Dr. Bello is a mainstay of New York's high society and the City's finest medical institutions, including Mt. Sinai, he is the only doctor for my family, many friends and others would trust over all others. His medical judgement and interventions have been life saving in several cases. True to the ancient Greek Hippocratic Oath and physician who inspired it, Dr. Bello extends his personable nature and good humor to show what the profession can be at its best to all levels of society.

April 14th, 2016

HORRIBLE

HORRIBLE MAN HORRIBLE

September 28th, 2015

Wife Runs the Show...

Dr. Bello has been my doctor for many years and is truly a nice man but for the life of me I cannot understand him having his wife run his office. It is clear she is only concerned about money and not the patients. He never returns calls, never refills prescriptions and good luck if you need to speak with him directly. He is extremely expensive even by Manhattan standards and for this I need to put up with his snotty wife. I was sad, but I finally had to move on.

September 15th, 2015

GREAT doc and wonderful staff! ( and nurses are pretty darn picky) absolutely one of the best ever

July 26th, 2015

Do not see this man

This man is responsible for my baby dying DO NOT GO TO HIM . I needed time off from work since I was high risk and he refused to give it to me and now my baby is not here . Please for you and your baby see someone else . He is not a good doctor .

November 10th, 2014

Don't understand how anyone could have write something awful about Dr. Bello

I have been a patient of Dr. Bello 's for many years and have had multiple gynecologic problems. Dr. Bello has always advised me of all the available treatment options, risks and possible outcomes. There are few doctors today that are thorough, spend time answering questions and truly care about their patients concerns and outcomes. I wish more doctors were like him. His staff is also extremely helpful, responsive and caring. I am truly grateful to be his patient.

November 7th, 2013

Dr Bello is a very good doctor, and I have been going to him for over 15 years, BUT ever since his wife came in to run the office, it was a nightmare. I could never speak to the doctor and she would make up stories that the doctor was very angry if you had to cancel or reschedule an appointment. I am on a prescription and needed a refill and she refused to allow me to speak to the doctor or have the nurse call in the perscription. At that point, I felt that she was tampering with my health. When I finally said that I was paying the doctor and Not HER and that I should be able to speak with him, she told me to go somewhere else! If you try and call him after office hours, it goes straight to his home and his wife picks up and blocks the call. I have never had any issues with any doctor and I have never made unnecessary calls to the office. I came in twice a year (which I was beginning to feel was unnecessary and for money only) and EVERY time I had to deal with his wife, I would swear I had to change doctors. (The office nurse is lovely but it is hit or miss to get her on the phone.The wife always intercepts.) This time I finally had enough of his wife's abuse. I have never written a review but this experience was so horrendous and upsetting, I felt that I had to report it. I would like to give Dr. Bello a 4 rating as a doctor, but there are too many good Doctors in NYC where you do not have to go through anything like this.

July 1st, 2013

Horrible doctor. Don't risk your baby's life

Dr bello is a horrible doctor. I really believe some of these positive reviews are made up by him or his own staff. He is not a compassionate dr at all. He does not return phone calls. He believes in his own mind that he superior than fertility experts. He disregards the recommendations of drs who have far more reputable careers than he ever will and in the interim risking the precious life you are trying to create. Don't be a fool. Do your research. Don't use this guy. I would not even give him a one star rating but this site requires it