Dr. Gaffar Syed Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gaffar Syed?

May 24th, 2017

Yearly paper test

As uncomfortable as this procedure is, I made to feel comfortable. I was informed as to what was happening and how I would receive my results.

November 18th, 2013

Doesn't need license

His bed side manner is very poor. He's very rude and quick to become angry if you question him. He does't seem to care about his patients. All he seems concerned about is rescheduling another appointment. If you have any test his office does not get back with you to give you the results. Once you request the results they have no clue that you even had any done. I needed a prescription filled and the office assistant lied and said the order was made but when I called the pharmacy they said they never received anything from his office. He should not be practicing and his office workers should not be in the public.

August 16th, 2012

Dr. Syed is a good MD, but his office staff is difficult to work with, inflexible, and short on patience. The doctor also has an annoying policy of not accepting calls from the local pharmacies for prescription refills. You have to call the office and ask them to call the pharmacy.

July 13th, 2012

No issues with the dr.syed

Its easy to get his appointment. Recently i had bad constipation and his prescription works very well for me.

April 19th, 2012

Good Dr.Syed

February 22nd, 2012

Worst Doc in Frederick

Unbelievably rude doctor and staff, the office manager is on some type of power trip, or on something, the things that come out of her mouth are ridiculous and often unrelated to the situation. Calls for appointments often turn into arguments when she answers the phone. There is a total lack of professionalism in this office and the doctor and staff seem to believe they are entitled to treat people with disrespect. This is not a place that I would want to go when I am not feeling well, the emergency room has more compassion and the wait time is about the same.

January 19th, 2012

HAPPY WITH THE DOCTOR I PICKED

Very happy with the way I was treated at Dr Syeds office. Went in for a Sick appointment and my problem was handled quick and efficiently. Very Happy I chose Dr Syed as my Doctor. :)

December 3rd, 2011

Not in buisness for the love of helping others...

I cannot really judge how competent Dr Gaffar Syed is but if English is your first language this is not the doc to see. He is very difficult to understand and I dont believe he understands a good bit of what I say, that coupled with the fact he frequently talks over me leads me to believe he does not gain the full picture of my medical complaint. Phone conversations are impossible and if you at all disagree or question him he gets very upset and becomes impossible to understand. His medical assistant is pleasant but the woman who usually answers the phone tends to be short & somewhat rude if your call involves more then scheduling an appointment. Messages left on the voicemail are never returned and although I twice left a message with the recptionist 4 days ago to speak with Dr Syed, he has not returned my call. Very often you get the recording even when calling during office hours. His office hours are reasonable enough "as advertised" but he is often "not in the office" during those hours. My experience has been frustrating and I do not feel my issues are properly addressed during appointments. I feel he has a total lack of empathy and from the number of appointments he requires just to refill a prescription leads me to believe he is more interested in how much he can bill the insurance company. I always feel like I am under suspicion during my office visits, even when medication is not involved. That may be due to his lack of understanding, as I said, his English is very difficult to understand and I do not feel he understands most of what I say either. As soon as my insurance allows I will be switching to someone else.

October 18th, 2011

saved my life

dr. syed had took care of me when i was very sick and hospitalized in frederick memorial hospital , it feels good and caring to have my doctor to come and see me in the hospital , not many doctors do that , and i appreciate it very much

June 30th, 2011

One Of The Worst Doctors

Truly one of the worst experiences w/ a doctor since my poor health started at 15 years old. I am now 34 so I've seen many. He is rude just by the facial expressions that he makes, or rather the lack there of. He shows absolutely no sympathy, so naturally empathy isn't even in his vocabulary.He very defiantely makes judgments based on info he doesn't have but on what he thinks he knows. Wouldnt recommend to anyone....not even for a physical. Pretty sure he would say you were absolutely fine, even if you werent.

January 22nd, 2010

great, young, innovative new doctor. really has a love for medicine, or so it seems due to his caring bedside manner. great doctor!

October 6th, 2009

The most caring staff and Dr. Syed is GREAT!!!