Dr. Gail Ellis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Gail Ellis?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 9th, 2014

Its what you expect from a good primary care doctor

I've been going to Dr. Ellis at Family medicine for about 6 years now, and this office has very nice doctors, nurses, and administrative staff. I believe they are all affiliated with Beverly Hospital and that network. Dr. Ellis' staff always call to remind me of my scheduled appointments the day before they occur, in case you need to reschedule, the staff is very quick at responding when you call with a question or need to get a referral or documents sent to a specialist, and they dont leave you waiting around forever. Scheduling physicals are a little annoying, as you cant get one immediately, the appointments are usually a few weeks to a month from when you call (unless you schedule one for a year from the day you come in for one. Although, if you are sick, they will see you immediately - the same day, unless you call late in the afternoon, then they will have you come in the next morning. Dr. Ellis is very good about checking in with me about my health, progress in weight loss, nutrition, or other concerns, and when i had my pap done, letting me know about various womens health solutions available (birth control etc). She reviews with me what has changed since my last exam, any questions or concerns that id like to ask her about, etc. I recently had a medical emergency and her staff followed up with me to make sure i was ok, and to discuss my results from appointments with specialists i saw to see their diagnosis. Dr. Ellis saw me immediately the morning after i went into the ER, and got me referrals to see a neurologist and eye doctor to get further testing done for my vision problem. As it was stressful not being able to see correctly, and having got a fine physical a few weeks earlier Dr. Ellis was so helpful in explaining MRI results, and narrowing down what this random symptom was indicative of. It was not cumbersome or confusing to get other appointments or my records since the staff was always helpful (and caring about my wellbeing) and gave me referrals to doctors who accepted my health insurance and were local. I've seen patients of all ages here. If you need a new primary care physician who looks out for you and is great at giving you important health info (not simplistic, condescending statements), Family Medicine is a great office to go to, and Dr. Ellis is a wonderful physician to help assess your health.

March 9th, 2013

Patient

September 18th, 2008

Treated me with respect

Dr. Ellis took me on as a new patient with an emergency appointment the same day I called her. She spent extra time with me and pulled out her books to try and get my situation resolved. She made phone calls to specialists on my behalf, called me from her cell phone just to see how I was doing, reviewed my test results with me as soon as they became available, advocated for me and got me in with a specialist two days after my initial appointment with her, vented with me over my frustrations with the medical system, and she didn't brush my symptoms off as "stress, anxiety, postpartum depression" like so many other doctors. Dr. Ellis treated me like she had been my doctor for a dozen years, but it was the first time we met. I truly feel that she helped to save my life, as I was soon after diagnosed with a chronic illness that must receive prompt medical attention to minimize permanent damage. I am happy to trust her with my health. Plus, she thought my baby was adorable and that's worth a lot of points! She is a great doctor.

September 20th, 2017