Dr. Brenda Harrington Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Brenda Harrington?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Brenda Harrington?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 6 Ratings with 1 Comment

August 13th, 2011

ER visit

My husband entered Audubon Hospital ER with a collar bone/clavical break in 3 separate places. Gail harrington was the doctor on call. There was no explanation of the occurence or simple diagnosis. We had to ask a separate nurse what was going on. Dr. Harrington had no bedside manner. She basically came in for 1 minute and stated we would be given the name of a doctor to call on Monday. I asked in amazement "he has a broken bone in 3 separate places and we are being escorted out of the ER. She said yes, and that her asst nurse, Michelle, would give us a prescription and discharge papers. After approx 2 hours of waiting, I went to the nurse's station to state that my husband was in extreme pain and he felt a bone protruding his neck. I was told that the nurse could not just stop what she was doing to come in the room. Dr. Harrington came back in the room approx 30 min after and stated, "what are you all still doing here?" In deep frustration, I asked what kind of hospital is being run here. She said to "wait a minute." Nurse, Michelle, came back in with 2 loritabs and discharge papers. I stated we would not be leaving as my husband (who tolerates pain well) was violently shaking. Another nurse came in with a sling and could not read the directions to put on the device. 3 separate nurses came in the room to help put on "this sling." After all said and done, It was put on incorrectly. They wrapped the support around his belly instead of over his left neck/shoulder to support his right clavical/arm.

November 2nd, 2015