3.0

by Cindy on May 11th, 2016

My experience has only been the best. Having worked in the medical field before, I understand how patients view certain busy days when emergencies make a very good doctor even somewhat less willing to hear some people rattle for an hour trying to tell his/ her chief complaint. I don't mind waiting an hour as long as the doctor gives me some time to discuss my problem. I lived several hours away and Dr. Jones has been so good to work with me via telephone until I was well enough for an office visit. Her nurse could be more involved with the patient but it's Dr. Jones doing surgical procedures! She has not only found me a treatment that works when no one else was willing to try the regimen, but she continues to work on my problem and give me relief after ten plus years of suffering! I would be open minded and give her a chance bc she might just well be the only Doctor willing to go the extra mile!!!

Disappointing Doctor! show details Disappointing Doctor!
Nov 20th, 2015

Ever just feel like a number? well this doctor will make you feel like one. First visit I had to wait 2 1/2 hours to see her in a waiting room that was slowing emptying out with me left. Thought she would be a good doctor. Scheduled Lithotripsy and after surgery she did not come out and speak to my husband or mother about how it went. I called her office the next day to find out why and they said she was off and there were no OP notes in my file. She was more interested in her day off than her patient. I had a follow up appointment with her and after a 2 hour 15 minute wait I finally got in to see her and she seemed scattered and when I asked her why she did not come out and speak to my family after the Lithotripsy she said "I talked to someone" and I said not to my family. She quickly moved on to the reports in hand that she started reading. I asked about the Theralith XR that she had put in some papers to me to take and she asked if I had done a 24 hour urine catch? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! She had ordered this done before the Lithotripsy weeks ago. Can she not read the file!!!!! I told her I had and she said she would go find out the results. I heard her asking and then a knock on the door and her nurse said I was ready to go. WHAT! The doctor never came back to finish our conversation about the 24 hr catch and whether I needed the Theralith XR or not. I told the nurse and she said the DR never mentioned it. I told her the recommendation in the paperwork sent to me and she said well I can give you some samples. I took them and was told she wanted to see me in 3 months. REALLY!!!!!

Nurse show details Nurse
by Rose on Apr 20th, 2015

Very short, blunt, does not listen to patient, mixes up patient information and diagnosis from wrong charts, staff was not well informed.

Dec 16th, 2014

Dr. Jones presented with politeness and showed concern. She listened to my problem and prescribed medicine that was very helpful. I credit her with possibly saving my life. She needed to do a biopsy during another visit and ordered clearance from my primary Dr. who had been waiting for my records from my former primary Dr. I had just moved back from TX and was very ill, but the Urology problem occurred in the midst of me getting care for my major problem. We had requested my records 2 months prior to this visit from my then,PCP (UAMS Family Clinic). Because Dr. Jones needed the pre-op clearance, my new PCPwas prompted to put a rush on the request and the records were received via FAX in a few minutes. It was discovered that I had a serious heart problem and clearance for the biopsy could not be obtained. My new PCP was immediately on the job getting me to a Cardiologist. I credit Dr. Jones for my Dr getting the rush order for my records. I was in congestive heart failure.

Would NOT recommend!! show details Would NOT recommend!!
Jun 11th, 2012

After waiting almost 2 hours, I met with Dr. Jones. She was very dismissive to my problem & did no testing. She only did a pelvic exam (which I'd already told her my OB had done & was fine). I had to prod for information, asking various questions, & still left with NO ANSWERS...only a kegel exercise pamphlet!!! Number one incontinence was NOT my problem (which she refused to hear apparently), & #2 I did not pay all of that money to get info on something every almost woman (& many men) already knows. I left feeling like I'd wasted time (& I had a babysitter at home!), money & STILL needed to see another doctor for my problem. I was GREATLY disappointed with her lack of knowledge, or perhaps just interest, in helping me. I would NOT recommend seeing her.

Office Visit with Dr. Gail Jones show details Office Visit with Dr. Gail Jones
Nov 23rd, 2011

My experience with Dr. Gail Jones was horrible. She was not caring at all. Dr. Jones is not professional and has NO bedside manners whatsoever. I would NEVER recommend anyone to see her. The first office visit I had with her she wanted to do all these procedures that I didn't understand. When asked what these procedures were, she wouldn't explain them and blew me off. When I told her that I didn't want any of her procedures done (bc I found it strange that no CT's, ultrasounds, or any other test were done and she comes waltzing in saying she's going to do a procedure, I wanted a second opinion) she then slams my chart down and states "Fine, have your way!". I'm the patient, and yes, you're right, I will have it my way. It is my money that is being spent. However, there is no need for her to be so rude. And to make matters worse, I was left in the room until after closing and the lights went out....the staff forgot I was in the room.