inactive

Gail L Rosseau MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 26th, 2015
Meningioma never returned
In 1998 was sent too Dr. Cerillo. Met Dr. R. Within 1 week was in surgery for a golf ball size Meningioma base of brain. Dr. R did the surgery. It has never returned.

July 28th, 2015
very rude doctor. she does not care about her patients, just their money!

July 16th, 2015
Gail Rosseau has no bedside manner and does go into tail spins if you ask her to explain anything especially if she has a patient who is not doing well. She basically is a horrible doctor and has zero tolarance for questions if you do not understand her mumbo jumbo twisted explanations. Like a kid trying to get out of somethimg. she is all bells and whistles but not there when you need her to be. big ego. Still suffering from her bad surgery and lost a young person who should still be here.

February 3rd, 2015
Dr Russeau left me with a disability I'll have the rest of my life.If you are thinking of having a surgery with her do your homework, there are better choices!

September 2nd, 2014
I trusted her to operate on my brain
I cannot say enough positive about Dr Rosseau. I have followed with her for years, never had a single problem getting an apt, have never had a canceled apt. I would happily wait to see her because she is worth it. She has always taken time to explain what is going on, always shows us the MRI images and reports, as well as labs. When it became clear I needed a very scary surgery I completely trusted her. My outcome was great. She was readily available whenever I needed her, personally returned my calls within minutes. She's a human being with a high pressure job, maybe everyone doesn't like her, I don't know. For me, she has been outstanding, very caring. My husband and I think she is the best and I will continue to follow with her.

December 11th, 2013
previous patient
Here is my reflective view of my experience with Dr. G. Rosseau: 1. She was very rushed when I first saw her. She made little eye contact and even less inquiry. She had the information that I had filled out and the referral from my physician but really didn't speak with me. 2. I felt like everything was 'matter of fact' and she seemed very competent in her abilities. It was determined that I would have the gamma knife done as that was least invasive. If that didn't work I would probably have to be cut which would leave major scarring on my face/head. That's was I was told. 3. The surgery didn't work. I have called one of her offices, trying to locate her in hopes of getting some information. I have since found out what appears to be negative (severely) side effects. These were not shared with me at the time that I was told to have this gamma knife. In fact, she assured me that she was the leading physician in this field, having just returned not long ago from Paris where she presented her research. 4. I am still waiting for a return call. I had asked for information on her data or records regarding her gamma knife procedures that she has performed. In particular, I was looking for information regarding seizures as a direct result of this gamma knife surgery. I called two years ago, after hunting down a phone number because the one she had is no longer valid. 5. When I did call, I was given the third degree about why I wanted the information and I was asked all sorts of personal detailed questions that were irrelevant to my question that I had asked. Something seemed very suspicious because of the way I was being treated. I am still waiting for information and a return call. 6. I tried calling again, no longer a good number 773-250-0451. The Burr Ridge location is no longer even listed as a location for Dr. Rosseau. 7. At this point, I am getting so frustrated that I am determined to find out what is going on. I need, I deserve, and I am expecting some honest answers. I need this!!!!!!!!!!! I am still searching and at this point, I can't help but feel something is wrong

November 30th, 2013
HIPAA VIOLATOR
Mom who is bedridden had to go to the this doctor's office with paramedics and two canisters of oxygen. She makes her wait in the waiting area for at least an hour. There's more...she conducted one of my mom's follow up check up and drawing of blood in the waiting area of the office with all the people in it watching and witnessing all of these. She is not only rude but does not have compassion for her patient. I believe in karma...she will get what she deserves.

June 24th, 2013
Terrible doctor
My family doctor referred me after an MRI identified a specific neurological condition. My condition, untreated, caused headaches and my head felt like it was going to explode whenever I bent over, coughed, sneezed, laughed, went to the bathroom, etc. Dr. Rosseau did no examination of me of any kind (even my family doctor did a standard neurological exam). She reviewed the MRI images, told me that my condition was not bad enough to require any type of treatment, and to come back to her if I started blacking out when I looked up to reach something on a high shelf. Not satisfied with my experience with Dr. Rosseau, I found an online group of fellow sufferers, and through them found a nationally recognized neurosurgeon highly regarded for this condition. He performed a thorough neurological exam and prescribed medication that relieves my symptoms and allows me to lead a normal life and forget about my condition most of the time.

September 5th, 2012
life saver
Dr.Rosseau not only immediately identifed my problem she fully explained all the options I had before me.She followed me every step of the way all the way into surgery. She made my family and myself feel as if I was her only patient. She gave me back my life pain free,,, she may take some time to see but believe me she is quite simply ...the best.

July 24th, 2011
My diagnosis was overlooked and when confronted with hard data, this Dr. went into full spin mode. Major Gaslighting, I.E. Telling me it never happened that way. If you dig deeper you will find this Dr. main asperations have swayed to being a political figure and the focus and level of detail twords patients is suffering.Run !!! don't walk the other way.

July 6th, 2011
I would strongly not recommend Dr. Rosseau. Dealing with her has been a source of constant frustration. She cancelled numerous appointments (including 2 scheduled surgeries) at the last minute with flimsy excuses. Rescheduling the surgery took several months. She and her office were very poor at communicating instructions prior to surgery. We were kept waiting at appointments for well over an hour. Save yourself the aggravation and find a different surgeon.

November 11th, 2009
Her only interest is her and how she could be famous. She is not a patient advocate but always like on political campaign.Glad she is not surgeon general.