Dr. Gail Stephen-Johnson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2016
Worst GYN ever
Worst GYN ever. She doesn't like being asked questions and doesn't do her job. She was my doctor for 2 years and she never checked my breast. My previous GYN doctor checks my breast every year. With a doctor like Stephen-Johnson you could be sick and not even know it.

October 22nd, 2015
Standoffish
She was standoffish and very short with me. She made me feel uncomfortable with her opinion. I will go see another GYN. Waste of time. I could've swabbed myself and left her the cup.

August 24th, 2015
Rude, Lacks Compassion, Sex-shaming
I have seen Dr. Stephen-Johnson twice. Both times she was dismissive of my concerns. Her pap smear was the harshest I have ever experienced. On visit one, I brought to her concerns about endometriosis, and stated that I was looking for options other than birth control to help with my symptoms. She refused to engage in a conversation and insisted the only way to treat the symptoms was using birth control. This is not true. On the second visit I was told that I had come back positive for a routine STD. She prescribed antibiotics, and then asked how long it had been since my last STD panel. I said I was certain I had a full panel done about 3 years ago, to which she replied "well, I guess we will never know where this came from." She did not ask me how many partners I had had, she made me feel guilty for engaging in sexual activity, and again was completely dismissive. I had to go home and google exactly what was happening with my body, as she refused to give me more than 5 minutes of her time.

June 18th, 2014
Never again
I saw doctor Stephen-Johnson twice and each time she was extremely late more than 1 1/2 and didn't even offer an apology.. I was put off by the introduction she didn't give me at my first appointment with her. This doctor just walked into the room. She didn't even look at me or introduce herself. She just rushed thru my consultation like a whirlwind . I got the same feeling as the other reviewer that this doctor has no beside manners. I went out of my way to find a female doctor to make me feel more comfortable but she was defiantly did not put me at ease. I will be looking for a new gyn. I would give her zero stars if I could.

February 20th, 2014
Former patient... Thank God
Stay away. Very pretentious, no bedside manners. I would certainly not recommend her to anyone. Not a pleasant person, especially given the delicate situation she was very rude and impatient. I got the impression she felt like she was doing me a favor instead of working. Never again..

October 22nd, 2015