Dr. Gail Van Wingerden MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 15th, 2012
Dr.Van
Although she is a nice doctor she was very poor in assisting me in my needs or taking time to disscuss how i felt.I didn't appreciate her comparing me to other women!

June 25th, 2012
I was a patient of Dr. Van Wingerden's 15 years ago. Before I went to her, I had been diagnosed with endometriosis. All I can say is that she must love delivering babies but does not care much about women in general. She told me that I did not appear to have any more symptoms of endo. When I questioned her about the fact that there is no cure for endo, she did not have anything else to say. I am now 41 years old and am recovering from a complete hysterectomy that was performed as an emergent procedure. I had so much scar tissue from previous surgeries and the endo lesions that my current doctor told me that my surgery was the equivalent of having a cancer de-bulking. I guess if you are having a baby she has the time and patience to deal with you but if you really need a doctor who cares about your other gynecological issues I recommend that you find someone else. Oh yeah, and her office staff was incredibly rude.

April 10th, 2012
terrible service- Navarro street office staff
Dr Van is wonderful. She's very knowldgable and friendly. On the other hand, her office staff at the Navarro location is horrible! They never return phone calls on medication questions and pharmacy inquiries. They don't confirm appointments and blame you for missing an appointment set up six months before. They lose your medical record. They refuse to make appointments if u don't give them your insurance information over the phone even though your a current patient. I don't think Dr Van is aware of the horrible service her staff is providing. If it weren't for her I would have switched doctors years ago.

September 19th, 2011
Wonderful doctor
Dr. Van Wingerden has been my OBGYN for many many years. She was my doctor during both of my pregnancies and delivered my daughter. She was caring, loving and supportive. She personally called me at home when she found out I had been calling the nurses desk at the hospital where my first child was delivered. She had heard I was nervous and had a lot of questions and assured me I was doing everything right.When I gone a few years without having a wellness exam, she lovingly scoulded me as a mother who cares for her daughter would...was very much appreciated because at the time I had just lost my mother who was also a patient of Dr. Van's.I highly, highly recommend her!

July 6th, 2011
This doctor only wants money
I hate this doctor. She only wanted money.After giving birth to my second baby girl, she told me condom protection rate only 70%. Thus, she strongly suggested me spending extra money to buy expensive stuffs. I refused, then, she showed me her face.

January 11th, 2010
We Adore her! Loving, Caring OB/GYN
Dr Van was the greatest Dr I have ever seen. I adore her and would totally recommend her to everyone! I know where I will be going back with my second pregnancy!! She was so sweet and basically held my hand throughout the whole pregnancy. She's an older lady so I felt as if she was acting like a caring mom figure.

June 21st, 2017