Dr. Gail Wynn MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 19th, 2016
NOT ONLY A DOCTER, BUT A FRIEND
I"m so glad that i had Dr. Gail do my double-hernia operation! She also took care of some other problems I had. She is the BEST!!!!!!!.... She has also became a person that I can call a FRIEND !!!!!..... I trust her with My life !!!!!!!

August 4th, 2013
Dr. Wynn removed my gallbladder and told me that I would be able to return to a completely normal diet one week after surgery. It is six months post surgery for me and I still MUST follow this diet plan: No red meat No chocolate No fried foods No dairy (small amounts of low-fat cheese are ok) No caffeinated beverages Very little to no alcoholic beverages As much water as possible (at least 2 liters a day) Lots of vegetables and fruits Increase fiber intake Lots of lean protein (chicken/turkey/fish) Less than 9 grams of saturated fat per day If I do not follow this diet plan I have uncontrollable nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Since Dr. Wynn did not provide me with a post surgery diet plan and only did one follow-up visit, I had to create this diet plan on my own through trial and error and online research. From what I understand it takes most people a couple to several months or even up to a year to be able to eat a "normal" diet after gallbladder removal, and even then many people have to avoid certain foods. I was and am extremely disappointed with the lack of information given to me by Dr. Wynn. I do not feel she was completely honest about the risks of the surgery and she gave me almost no information about the recovery from surgery. The only time I received any post-op instructions was right after I woke up from anesthesia and was in no state to understand or remember them. They also contained no information about diet. I feel Dr. Wynn does not spend an adequate time with her patients before an operation and does not practice full disclosure. I would not recommend her to anyone for gallbladder removal.

September 6th, 2012
My Hero
Dr Wynn is one of the most caring doctors I have ever been associated with. She changed my life. I had my gastric by pass surgery about 8 years ago and through her guidance and care have kept ALL my weight off. I started out at a whopping 392 pounds I am currently about 120. You can't go into this thinking the surgery is a quick fix, you must follow her orders or you will find yourself right back where you started. When she tells you something like don't drink sodas listen to her. Remember, she is the expert. Good luck, you will not be sorry. She is my Guardian Angel. She continues to follow up with me through yearly checkups. More if necessary, since I am sort of on the thin side now, lol.

May 9th, 2017