Dermatologists
7001 Forest Ave
Ste 301
Richmond, VA 23230
804-855-0372
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

This doctor is great!!! He spends quality time with you and explains everything as he is working. His staff are always friendly and very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Fisher to everyone that needs to have surgery done.

|  Best Doc in Richmond,Va  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2013

Dr. Galen Fisher MD is just simply Brilliant. Dr. Fisher successfully treated my skin cancer removal and successfully repaired a facial scar for me that no one else could repair. I give this doctor and staff a 4 in every category!! Brilliant, caring and professional ........ Thanks to Dr. Galen Fisher MD ..... I now have my life back. ( My ratings would be higher but it will not let me rate higher than a 4.) Best Doc in Richmond, Va. Submitted October 2013

|  Basil Carcinoma removed  |  show details
by Deborah B. on Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Fisher is wonderful! He is extremely thorough and is very competent in his expertise. He is Duke University trained. They found a basil carcinoma on my forehead that needed to be removed after getting back a biopsy that was positive. The surgery used the moh technique which give results back the same day and allows him to go back in until one has clear margins. Wait time was having it done the same day! Complications were that it was growing laterally around the main nerve! So a huge incision from my brow to the top of the forehead were it forked had to be done! Suggestion to have laser done was made by Dr. Fisher and as a result most people do not notice the incision! Most of the time I do not wear makeup so that is a delight! His staff is very professional. Office plays good music and not elevator music! Snacks, etc. Wait time minimal considering all that is going on! A truly well orchestrated office! I must also say I just lucked out with recommendations and finding him! I hope you will look him up also!

|  Patient experience with skin cancer  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2013

The moment you are diagnosed with skin cancer on your nose is very frightening! I have always taken the greatest care when it came to sun safety and have no family history of skin cancer. Dr. Fisher came highly recommended to me from previous patients and health care providers. Getting an appointment was quick and his staff is very conscientious. The office is warm and welcoming and the nursing staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and routine with their follow ups. The reconstructive surgery to my nose after removal of cancer exceeded my expectations. The appearance of the scar is practically invisible! I do not need makeup to cover any areas of scaring. Dr. Fisher spent time with me explaining options and allowed me to make decisions with him for the best results. I am more than pleased to give Dr. Fisher and his staff an excellent recommendation and would refer friends and family without hesitation.

|  Miracle worker  |  show details
by Jeff Harrison on May 16th, 2013

He did substantial surgery on my face after removing cancers and nobody can even tell. I am so grateful to him.

by Leslie M on Apr 29th, 2013

Dr. Fisher was very professional and thorough as well as friendly. He did a great job on my face. I had at least 40 stitches from my nose to my lip and down my cheek. It has been only been three months and it is almost impossible to see a scar unless you look very closely. I recommend him highly

|  Jean, Williamsburg,va  |  show details
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr Fisher has a caring and attentive manner. I have had many surgeries on my face and legs and Dr Fisher always takes time to explain the procedures and provides careful follow up.

|  I am so blessed to have Dr. Galen Fisher for my doctor  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

He is a wonderful doctor and extremely talented in his field. I went in with basal cell carcinoma on the side of my nose. He performed biopsy and Moh's surgery the same day. I had an opening the size of a quarter after cancer was removed. Dr. Fisher used the flap procedure to repair. I saw my dermatologist a couple of weeks later and he was amazed at how it looked and had healed. He threw his hands up in the air and said he just could not believe it. The Moh's procedure was performed on Sept. 27, 2011. I chose to have a couple of laser treatments after to speed healing up and now I do not have to use makeup to cover and am not self conscious at all. No one notices. I went back to see him last week due to a suspicious spot on other side of nose. I was very nervous as I have had cataract surgery on both eyes since then and feel overwhelmed with so much surgery in such a short period of time (5 months). Dr. Fisher and his team were wonderful to me, so kind and compassionate. They put me at ease and performed the biospy. Called me yesterday with results. It was precancerous and I will have the light treatment done with creme used before hand to ready face for procedure. This has been a lot to deal with and I am so glad that I am in such capable hands. I had heard that he was a perfectionist and the best in the area. I heard right. I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is awesome. J. Jones

|  Very Satisfied Patient  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2011

Dr. Fisher and his staff are fantastic.It might take a while to get an appointment, but that is because he's the best. You'll see that.

|  Brilliant Young Doctor  |  show details
Jun 16th, 2011

I admit that I am often reluctant to go to local doctor in the Richmond area feeling that the best people are probably at UVA, or Johns Hopkins or somewhere else. If this notion has any credibility at all it is certainly false when it comes to Dr. Fisher. He's Duke and NIH trained (among his many other impressive training experiences) and most obviously a brilliant young man. Despite his lofty credentials he's a down to earth fellow who knows how to treat people. Indeed in my case he came in on his day off to treatment me. Who has ever heard of that in this day in age! I could not have been more impressed with the quality of the care or the character and professionalism of the caregiver. I known now I could not have gotten better treatment anywhere!

Jun 10th, 2011

Dr. Fisher did a great job on removing a deep basil cell cancer on my face just beside my nose. He did a reconstructive surgery to cover the deep hole he had to remove. Today, after a few laser treatments you cannot tell I was cut with 30 stitches in my face just 5 mos. ago! He is great at explaining the procedure. I would highly recommend him.

|  Look better now since I went to Dr. Fisher  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2011

My skin damage over my teen years were showing and he did the laser and I appreciate the results. I feel more confident and I look years younger.Thank you Dr. Fisher.I will continue to come back for touch ups.

|  Laser and Skin Surgery  |  show details
Mar 30th, 2011

I definitely recommend Dr. Fisher for anyone wanting cosmetic laser treatments and/or MOHs surgery for cancer. He removed Basil Cell Carcinoma cancer on my ear last fall and on my nose two months ago. You cannot tell where the cancer was on my ear, and he just did a second laser treatment yesterday to reduce the surgery scar on my nose. The nose surgery was done in Jan., and the scar is hardly noticeable now. Dr. Fisher is friendly, upbeat, and a consummate professional. He is passionate about his work and a perfectionist when it comes to providing his patients the best possible outcome to his surgery/treatments! I am grateful for his expertise and caring spirit!

|  Excellet surgeon  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2011

I was very pleased with my surgery with Dr. Fisher. He took a large skin cancer off my nose and 3 months later, no one can tell that I had anything done. He was also able to offer me laser treatments to help the scar fade even faster. While in his office, I met other patients who were happy with his expertise. Dr. Fisher is very caring. Dr. Fisher's office is a wonderful compassionate and professional office.

|  Think Twice  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2011

Dr. Fisher is friendly and handsome but I would not trust him again to do MOHS.I am up tonight and can't sleep because yesterday someone told me what I already knew months ago about my lip. It looks like I had a cleft lip and had surgery on it. I knew this when I looked at my lip right after my MOHS surgery in June '10 and here it is Jan. '11. No one has been able to tell me the truth until yesterday when a client I just met a few weeks ago and I I were talking about Martha Stewerts cut on her lip. I told her it looked like mine did when I had a tiny (centimeter big) spot taken off my upper lip. She was amazed and sure it had been a cleft lip, it's that bad. I beg of you, if you have a spot on your face, in particular your lip, run away. I would suggest finding a good MOHS plastic surgeon to take care of it. THIS GUY IS NOT A PLASTIC SURGEON. It's misleading because his website makes you think he is one. If you need skin resurfacing (which is a laser, not a scalpel and you can get done at Sona by a nurse) or If you have a spot in an inconspicuous spot, he would be okay to touch you. I am willing to send anyone before and after photos of my lip so they can see the real life results of his surgery on my face. Contact me at mama2chloe at gmail dot com.

Oct 15th, 2009

I have had skin restoration proceedures with Dr.Fisher,and he was excellent. He listened to me,and with my best interest at heart, we began to restore my skin to a healthier younger appearance. I now look and feel better than I have in years. I enthusiasticlly recommend him to family and friends. It has been worth the expence and discomfort!

|  helped my nose  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2009

Dr Fisher helped my friend with a difficult skin cancer and the results were so good that you could not see the spot once it had healed. I had a skin cancer and also saw him, i was nervous but he and his staff really put me at ease. A very good experience

Jun 27th, 2008 on yahoo.com

I was not happy with Dr. Fisher....I do not feel that he listened to my complaints and what I was asking him to achieve. Instead he did a procedure that HE felt should be done, charged me a lot of money-which I had to pay, since insurance does not cover.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com