Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Oct 16th, 2015

Dr. Galan Fisher is the best Mohs surgeon and dermatologist in Richmond. He is knowledgeable, talented, and confident in his ability. His Office is well organized, pleasant and I would recommend him to anyone who needs the services that he provides.

by Nellie on Aug 12th, 2015

Dr Fisher has been my Dermatoligist for years .... Professional , knowledgable , likable ....

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Feb 22nd, 2014

This doctor is great!!! He spends quality time with you and explains everything as he is working. His staff are always friendly and very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Fisher to everyone that needs to have surgery done.

Basil Carcinoma removed show details Basil Carcinoma removed
by Deborah B. on Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Fisher is wonderful! He is extremely thorough and is very competent in his expertise. He is Duke University trained. They found a basil carcinoma on my forehead that needed to be removed after getting back a biopsy that was positive. The surgery used the moh technique which give results back the same day and allows him to go back in until one has clear margins. Wait time was having it done the same day! Complications were that it was growing laterally around the main nerve! So a huge incision from my brow to the top of the forehead were it forked had to be done! Suggestion to have laser done was made by Dr. Fisher and as a result most people do not notice the incision! Most of the time I do not wear makeup so that is a delight! His staff is very professional. Office plays good music and not elevator music! Snacks, etc. Wait time minimal considering all that is going on! A truly well orchestrated office! I must also say I just lucked out with recommendations and finding him! I hope you will look him up also!

Patient experience with skin cancer show details Patient experience with skin cancer
Aug 20th, 2013

The moment you are diagnosed with skin cancer on your nose is very frightening! I have always taken the greatest care when it came to sun safety and have no family history of skin cancer. Dr. Fisher came highly recommended to me from previous patients and health care providers. Getting an appointment was quick and his staff is very conscientious. The office is warm and welcoming and the nursing staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and routine with their follow ups. The reconstructive surgery to my nose after removal of cancer exceeded my expectations. The appearance of the scar is practically invisible! I do not need makeup to cover any areas of scaring. Dr. Fisher spent time with me explaining options and allowed me to make decisions with him for the best results. I am more than pleased to give Dr. Fisher and his staff an excellent recommendation and would refer friends and family without hesitation.

Miracle worker show details Miracle worker
by Jeff Harrison on May 16th, 2013

He did substantial surgery on my face after removing cancers and nobody can even tell. I am so grateful to him.

by Leslie M on Apr 29th, 2013

Dr. Fisher was very professional and thorough as well as friendly. He did a great job on my face. I had at least 40 stitches from my nose to my lip and down my cheek. It has been only been three months and it is almost impossible to see a scar unless you look very closely. I recommend him highly

Jean, Williamsburg,va show details Jean, Williamsburg,va
Aug 14th, 2012

Dr Fisher has a caring and attentive manner. I have had many surgeries on my face and legs and Dr Fisher always takes time to explain the procedures and provides careful follow up.

Very Satisfied Patient show details Very Satisfied Patient
Aug 26th, 2011

Dr. Fisher and his staff are fantastic.It might take a while to get an appointment, but that is because he's the best. You'll see that.

Brilliant Young Doctor show details Brilliant Young Doctor
Jun 16th, 2011

I admit that I am often reluctant to go to local doctor in the Richmond area feeling that the best people are probably at UVA, or Johns Hopkins or somewhere else. If this notion has any credibility at all it is certainly false when it comes to Dr. Fisher. He's Duke and NIH trained (among his many other impressive training experiences) and most obviously a brilliant young man. Despite his lofty credentials he's a down to earth fellow who knows how to treat people. Indeed in my case he came in on his day off to treatment me. Who has ever heard of that in this day in age! I could not have been more impressed with the quality of the care or the character and professionalism of the caregiver. I known now I could not have gotten better treatment anywhere!

Jun 10th, 2011

Dr. Fisher did a great job on removing a deep basil cell cancer on my face just beside my nose. He did a reconstructive surgery to cover the deep hole he had to remove. Today, after a few laser treatments you cannot tell I was cut with 30 stitches in my face just 5 mos. ago! He is great at explaining the procedure. I would highly recommend him.

Look better now since I went to Dr. Fisher show details Look better now since I went to Dr. Fisher
Apr 19th, 2011

My skin damage over my teen years were showing and he did the laser and I appreciate the results. I feel more confident and I look years younger.Thank you Dr. Fisher.I will continue to come back for touch ups.

Laser and Skin Surgery show details Laser and Skin Surgery
Mar 30th, 2011

I definitely recommend Dr. Fisher for anyone wanting cosmetic laser treatments and/or MOHs surgery for cancer. He removed Basil Cell Carcinoma cancer on my ear last fall and on my nose two months ago. You cannot tell where the cancer was on my ear, and he just did a second laser treatment yesterday to reduce the surgery scar on my nose. The nose surgery was done in Jan., and the scar is hardly noticeable now. Dr. Fisher is friendly, upbeat, and a consummate professional. He is passionate about his work and a perfectionist when it comes to providing his patients the best possible outcome to his surgery/treatments! I am grateful for his expertise and caring spirit!

Excellet surgeon show details Excellet surgeon
Mar 25th, 2011

I was very pleased with my surgery with Dr. Fisher. He took a large skin cancer off my nose and 3 months later, no one can tell that I had anything done. He was also able to offer me laser treatments to help the scar fade even faster. While in his office, I met other patients who were happy with his expertise. Dr. Fisher is very caring. Dr. Fisher's office is a wonderful compassionate and professional office.

Laser Treatment show details Laser Treatment
by Anonymous on Feb 26th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Treatment did not help and unable to get office to schedule an appt for a follow up consult.

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Oct 15th, 2009

I have had skin restoration proceedures with Dr.Fisher,and he was excellent. He listened to me,and with my best interest at heart, we began to restore my skin to a healthier younger appearance. I now look and feel better than I have in years. I enthusiasticlly recommend him to family and friends. It has been worth the expence and discomfort!

helped my nose show details helped my nose
Apr 1st, 2009

Dr Fisher helped my friend with a difficult skin cancer and the results were so good that you could not see the spot once it had healed. I had a skin cancer and also saw him, i was nervous but he and his staff really put me at ease. A very good experience