Overall Review

4.8

September 13th, 2016
several procedures with excellent results
Dr. Fisher has done several procedures over the past 8 years on me. One was a very difficult surgery that could have left a considerable scar on my face. Dr. Fisher did a masterful job that left very little trace of what was a incision that went down to my scull. He personally took time from his day to check on me the following day.

October 16th, 2015
Dr. Galan Fisher is the best Mohs surgeon and dermatologist in Richmond. He is knowledgeable, talented, and confident in his ability. His Office is well organized, pleasant and I would recommend him to anyone who needs the services that he provides.

August 12th, 2015
Dr Fisher has been my Dermatoligist for years .... Professional , knowledgable , likable ....

February 22nd, 2014
Great Doctor
This doctor is great!!! He spends quality time with you and explains everything as he is working. His staff are always friendly and very helpful. I would recommend Dr. Fisher to everyone that needs to have surgery done.

September 12th, 2013
Basil Carcinoma removed
Dr. Fisher is wonderful! He is extremely thorough and is very competent in his expertise. He is Duke University trained. They found a basil carcinoma on my forehead that needed to be removed after getting back a biopsy that was positive. The surgery used the moh technique which give results back the same day and allows him to go back in until one has clear margins. Wait time was having it done the same day! Complications were that it was growing laterally around the main nerve! So a huge incision from my brow to the top of the forehead were it forked had to be done! Suggestion to have laser done was made by Dr. Fisher and as a result most people do not notice the incision! Most of the time I do not wear makeup so that is a delight! His staff is very professional. Office plays good music and not elevator music! Snacks, etc. Wait time minimal considering all that is going on! A truly well orchestrated office! I must also say I just lucked out with recommendations and finding him! I hope you will look him up also!

August 20th, 2013
Patient experience with skin cancer
The moment you are diagnosed with skin cancer on your nose is very frightening! I have always taken the greatest care when it came to sun safety and have no family history of skin cancer. Dr. Fisher came highly recommended to me from previous patients and health care providers. Getting an appointment was quick and his staff is very conscientious. The office is warm and welcoming and the nursing staff are knowledgeable, friendly, and routine with their follow ups. The reconstructive surgery to my nose after removal of cancer exceeded my expectations. The appearance of the scar is practically invisible! I do not need makeup to cover any areas of scaring. Dr. Fisher spent time with me explaining options and allowed me to make decisions with him for the best results. I am more than pleased to give Dr. Fisher and his staff an excellent recommendation and would refer friends and family without hesitation.

May 16th, 2013
Miracle worker
He did substantial surgery on my face after removing cancers and nobody can even tell. I am so grateful to him.

April 29th, 2013
Dr. Fisher was very professional and thorough as well as friendly. He did a great job on my face. I had at least 40 stitches from my nose to my lip and down my cheek. It has been only been three months and it is almost impossible to see a scar unless you look very closely. I recommend him highly

August 14th, 2012
Jean, Williamsburg,va
Dr Fisher has a caring and attentive manner. I have had many surgeries on my face and legs and Dr Fisher always takes time to explain the procedures and provides careful follow up.

August 26th, 2011
Very Satisfied Patient
Dr. Fisher and his staff are fantastic.It might take a while to get an appointment, but that is because he's the best. You'll see that.

June 16th, 2011
Brilliant Young Doctor
I admit that I am often reluctant to go to local doctor in the Richmond area feeling that the best people are probably at UVA, or Johns Hopkins or somewhere else. If this notion has any credibility at all it is certainly false when it comes to Dr. Fisher. He's Duke and NIH trained (among his many other impressive training experiences) and most obviously a brilliant young man. Despite his lofty credentials he's a down to earth fellow who knows how to treat people. Indeed in my case he came in on his day off to treatment me. Who has ever heard of that in this day in age! I could not have been more impressed with the quality of the care or the character and professionalism of the caregiver. I known now I could not have gotten better treatment anywhere!

June 10th, 2011
Dr. Fisher did a great job on removing a deep basil cell cancer on my face just beside my nose. He did a reconstructive surgery to cover the deep hole he had to remove. Today, after a few laser treatments you cannot tell I was cut with 30 stitches in my face just 5 mos. ago! He is great at explaining the procedure. I would highly recommend him.