Bait & Switch - RUDE staff show details Bait & Switch - RUDE staff
by Andrea Walen on Jul 17th, 2015

Very disappointed. I was recommended to them for pre-op by our hospital, but the staff is very abrupt and pretty nasty. We visited Dr. Galen's office in February 2015. Seeing as I used to work in a medical facility, I know EXACTLY how CPT procedure codes and insurance billing works. They like to treat people like idiots. I wanted to pay up front (and they understandably want to collect up front). There were NO surprises on our visit. We discussed exactly what would be done, and exactly what code would be billed, and exactly what would be paid. After paying $111 up front on code 99203, we were later billed (without our knowledge) on code 99204, and now they want to collect an additional $62, more than 50% additional. This is total bait and switch. Exactly what was discussed up front is exactly what happened in the office. Nothing different. I would have had NO PROBLEM paying $173 up front, if that's what I was quoted. After calling to discuss this with them, thinking it was just a mistake in billing, not only was the receptionist snippy, but the office manager was especially rude and extremely condescending. She just kept saying, "Well, you know we're not Wal-Mart?" "You know this isn't Let's Make a Deal, right?" and other rude comments like that. Then she said, "There's no way to know up front what's going to be billed." Well, that's complete nonsense. We knew and they knew EXACTLY what the visit entailed, and it went EXACTLY as discussed. We knew and discussed up front in advance what we came in for, and we got exactly what we discussed, a pre-surgical visit and X-ray reviews. Well, on a good note, luckily, Blue Cross Blue Shield understands about fraudulent insurance claims, and that it's rampant, and they are helping us resolve this. Doctors do they WAY more often than anyone ever notices, which is why insurance rates are so high. Good luck, all! Watch your bills CLOSELY!

Friendly, Comfortable, Commited, Geniune show details Friendly, Comfortable, Commited, Geniune
by Raegena on May 14th, 2014

My daughter is 17 and has been battling an unknown issue for over 2 years. Seen numerous doctors, same diagnosis, more medicine no answers. Dr. Howard and his wonderful nurse, Heather, took the time to really listen and didn't give us a quick fix answer. Was 100% honest that he wasn't certain what the problem is but that he would however do what he could and if he did not fix the problem he would let us know that he doesn't . His honesty and plan of action gave us a new hope. He is actually going to take another approach. Look at something else instead of folllowing all the other doctors obviously incorrect diagnosis that has yet to give my child any comfort. Thank you to his staff and him. Amazing clinic. Awesome staff. Very professional and compsationate. Time is devoted to patient. Can't say enough.

Feb 25th, 2014

Very impersonal. Did not want to treat, unless you agreed with him performing surgery but did charge for office visit. Very rude when questioning diagnosis.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by RonY on Dec 3rd, 2013

Great doctor, office staff, and environment. Provided me with the correct test and diagnosis. Spend adequate time with me.

not impressed at all show details not impressed at all
Sep 16th, 2013

i have not had a good experience at all. I feel like the DR and staff only see you as a number and all they worry about is how much you owe them. No concern about what kind of pain you're in or how they can help you. i Will never recommend going here. Im sorry i was put in the situation where i had to.

Very Competent Doctor show details Very Competent Doctor
Mar 1st, 2012

Good Urologists are hard to find. This is a great clinic and the doctors are top notch. Just be advised that your office experience may not be great. Long waits, and a desk staff that is cold and impersonal. Don't expect warm fuzzy greetings. Just focus on the doctor and remember that's the most important thing.

What a Great Doctor!!! Not that seeing a Uroligist is a fun lol show details What a Great Doctor!!! Not that seeing a Uroligist is a fun lol
May 23rd, 2011

I had some urinary difficulty after waking from a Comatose state I'm told I began pulling out drains, and pulling out cadaver staples up and down my chest & stomach and the 14" rip in my right side. Point is I guess I tried to pull out my folley catheter and didn't hurt my parts but being hospitalized for 6 months added up and since I've had trouble urinating. Great NP who did the proceedure and what a great doc. He's working with me since Medicare will only cover a vasectomy if it's life or death. Don't expect much from the front office ladies, over the phone they are rude and don't listen. In fact before I found out MediCare won't cover it I asked for them to send a preaurhorization form to MediCare the front office woman said they don't do that and like my wife was crazy. Who isn't familiar with a pre-auto for a surgery!!????!!!!!! Great NP & DOC!!!