A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Galen Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Galen Smith is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Galen Smith, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smith has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Holston Valley Medical Center
- Indian Path Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Galen R Smith MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Galen R. Smith practice?
- Dr. Galen Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Galen Smith practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Kingsport, TN.
See Kingsport Surgeons.