Surgical Specialist

4100 John R St
Suite 615
Detroit, MI 48201
800-527-6266
Locations and availability (6)

2.0

by jack griffin on Mar 24th, 2013

He operated on me in April 2012 in the night for hernia as he was very busy and left the area after one office visit. The wound was draining when I saw him and said the wound care clinic will take care of me. I have the hernia back and the wound is still healing

|  You will rarely actually have contact with the doctor.  |  show details
May 31st, 2012

All the interface is with residents or interns. Dr. was only available if you insisted on seeing him and then for less than a minute. Each surgery produced an unexpected and unpleasant surprise. Initially I was scheduled for an end to end anastomoses but came out of the surgery with a colonostomy. No one even told me I had this for three days. Morphine notwithstanding, I would have expected that radically different information to be shared. Next surgery was to be a take down of the ostomy, but the next day after the surgery I was informed, again by one of his entourage, that my colostomy was now permanent.

Feb 14th, 2012

Was great at first but got to where all we saw was PA and never him. Had to specifically ask to see him. Felt like he just didn't care any more. Drive an hour for appointment so I want to see doctor not his assistant!

by Beth on Aug 4th, 2010

I think he is an excellent doctor. He saved my life a couple of times during emergency abdominal surgery and the follow-up care. I would and do recommend him to family and friends.

|  CMC care  |  show details
by Kay Carpenter Smith on Feb 10th, 2009

DR. Mostafa and his Staff were great. They took care of my mom for 8 days at CMC. Thank God for them! Kay Carpenter Smith